Action Figure Hot Toys - VGM17 - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Raiden

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Order the exclusive from sideshow, first time trying out flex pay, should make for an easier pill to swallow at 68 bucks across 4 payments.

Ordered. I like the black color. Part of me feels like it'll age better (or at least maintain a good look after time), especially if the body is rubber, as apposed to a white body.
Also, regarding the 30 bucks you pay for preordering him, does that come out of the overall 300?

And it's strange to me that BBTS would have it as the same price as SS. Because you get Sam's sick red blade with it. Oh well. Ordered and happy.

Any thoughts on the material going into him? Rubber and plastic or just plastic?

So do you guys think this preorder will sell out fast? Or do you think there's not enough interest in it to warrant a quick sell out?

I really wanna pick it up with a $20 promo code later on down the road but I feel uneasy that the preorder may sell out by then

A bit odd there's no watermelon with it. That was such an imperative theme to Raiden's character

So do you guys think this preorder will sell out fast? Or do you think there's not enough interest in it to warrant a quick sell out?

I really wanna pick it up with a $20 promo code later on down the road but I feel uneasy that the preorder may sell out by then

I'm sure that the price will prevent this from selling out any time soon. In addition, there's the much cheaper option of the Play Arts Kai Raiden figure.

It's been years since I've actually seen a Hot Toys figure pre-order sell-out - except, maybe for a few SSC exclusives like the Battle Damaged T-800. So, I think this should be around for a while.

Ordered. I like the black color. Part of me feels like it'll age better (or at least maintain a good look after time), especially if the body is rubber, as apposed to a white body.
Also, regarding the 30 bucks you pay for preordering him, does that come out of the overall 300?

And it's strange to me that BBTS would have it as the same price as SS. Because you get Sam's sick red blade with it. Oh well. Ordered and happy.

Any thoughts on the material going into him? Rubber and plastic or just plastic?

I think and hope the only rubber part will be the crotch cover. The rest I hope is plastic. But perhaps there'll be rubber on the elbow joint, it's hard to tell

Order the exclusive from sideshow, first time trying out flex pay, should make for an easier pill to swallow at 68 bucks across 4 payments.

And they don't even start until December. I'm already planning on making customs of the other Desperado weapons :yess:

Okay yeah, I think with the $300 price tag and the NRD, not a lot of people are gonna jump on this. I think I'm safe to wait a couple months for Raiden to become promo code eligible

I put it in the cart, chose flex payment, went to checkout. But the payments arent going to start until december? Its made me not order it. Im still 100% getting one. But id like the flex payment to be spread out between now and getting it, not dead silence until a few months prior where its $67.50 a month then the shipping and high VAT charges. It would feel worse than dropping the payment in 1 lump sum. I liked the idea of paying a small amount over the course of time before release as for it to not feel like its costing asmuch as it is.

I may change my mind by the end of the night purely for one reason, the EX. I know first hand what its like to wait for the HK release of an item because they tend to get the items earlier but nowadays they tend to slap on an exuberant price for the bonus item. And its usually just shy of $100 extra.

You know this **** is a hobby when you are sat with a pen and paper working out payment plans, import taxes and projecting how hard some Hong Kong scalpers will overcharge for the Ex versions.

Yea I want to order today the price thru me off I might still order somewhere else.

And they don't even start until December. I'm already planning on making customs of the other Desperado weapons :yess:

I rarely used them :lol. But, I think if you got those 1/6 Dwarf Gekkos you could combine them to make Mistral's L'Etranger lance.

One thing that is great about this scale is you can buy sub-weapons for him loose on ebay. Even if its not the perfect match theres plenty of 1:6 rocket launchers and grenades that will do. In fact, i think he would look pretty damn cool stood with a rocket launcher on display (added bonus, if his posing sucks he only uses 1 hand for the launcher anyway so its a none issue)

They'll never bother with Solidus. Hot Toys only sticks with what's currently hot, so they'll end up doing MGSV next probably, or even MGS4 since they did mention that.

But solidus is somewhat a Cyborg Samurai. And the world just love cyborgs. His weapons are uber cool too.

Back