Action Figure Hot Toys - VGM17 - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Raiden

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered the revoltech one for $40 plus shipping. Not spending $230 (PO price here in Indonesia) for a ninja figure which most probably can't pull off cool ninja poses.

PO'ed and happily paid the $300 for it. Sorry I think it's more then worth it. I kinda find it funny all the people that denouce the price as being insane or retarded are alot of the same people that have no problem dropping $250+ for every color and/or size Iron Man figure that HT has put out. How many of them has their been now?? And still more staled for the future. Not knocking that mind you it's just different strokes for different folks...and some how I have a feeling Hot Toys won't be releasing 10 different versions of Raiden. For fans of the game (and I'm an old fart cause I played the original MG on the NES) this is going to be a must buy. It will go nicely with my HT Big Boss, Custom HT Big Boss Jungle Fatigues, Custom Ground Zeroes, HT Boss, Custom Solid Snake, and my 4 different Inflames Big Bosses. Though I'm running out of room in my 5 Detolf cases...time to run and pick up another 2 or 3.

^That sounds like an impressive MGS collection! Do you have any pictures of your display?

I believe that Raiden could be milked to an extent. Personally, I would love for Hot Toys to tackle a "Jack the Ripper" version with a glowing red eye, and body.

PO'ed and happily paid the $300 for it. Sorry I think it's more then worth it. I kinda find it funny all the people that denouce the price as being insane or retarded are alot of the same people that have no problem dropping $250+ for every color and/or size Iron Man figure that HT has put out. How many of them has their been now?? And still more staled for the future. Not knocking that mind you it's just different strokes for different folks...and some how I have a feeling Hot Toys won't be releasing 10 different versions of Raiden. For fans of the game (and I'm an old fart cause I played the original MG on the NES) this is going to be a must buy. It will go nicely with my HT Big Boss, Custom HT Big Boss Jungle Fatigues, Custom Ground Zeroes, HT Boss, Custom Solid Snake, and my 4 different Inflames Big Bosses. Though I'm running out of room in my 5 Detolf cases...time to run and pick up another 2 or 3.

I have no problem with anyone who buys this, I'm hoping to get a better deal later on down the road, but this figure is certainly overpriced. It's around, or more expensive than most DX and die cast figures. For the price we should have got every weapon from the game, and at least one more sculpt. Maybe even a light up feature as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^That sounds like an impressive MGS collection! Do you have any pictures of your display?

I believe that Raiden could be milked to an extent. Personally, I would love for Hot Toys to tackle a "Jack the Ripper" version with a glowing red eye, and body.

Me too...just figured if they were going to milk something we could have had multiple Big Bosses like Medicom did with all the different suits or even a Solid Snake. I will add some pics this week. My Detolfs are stuffed to the gills so to speak, besides what I stated I also have quite a few customs I make out of my shop (though most of those I sell to pay for all my other 'wants') and enough gladiators to over take Rome :lol....and a ton of Golgo 13 figures...2 Hot Toys versions (one straight out of the box I just got and the other in the Anime series outfit of Black suit, Blue shirt, and red tie) and bunch of 3R versions...another character I grew up on.

I have no problem with anyone who buys this, I'm hoping to get a better deal later on down the road, but this figure is certainly overpriced. It's around, or more expensive than most DX and die cast figures. For the price we should have got every weapon from the game, and at least one more sculpt. Maybe even a light up feature as well.

:exactly: ^^^ This is how i feel as well, as a fan this figure is a must but the price is ridiculous. The figure is nice but for 300
they def should have given us more for our money, not trying to scam us.

But solidus is somewhat a Cyborg Samurai. And the world just love cyborgs. His weapons are uber cool too.

I definitely agree, I just don't see HT going into obscurity with doing a character from MGS2 if it isn't Snake.

Exactly.:goodpost:

I rarely used them :lol. But, I think if you got those 1/6 Dwarf Gekkos you could combine them to make Mistral's L'Etranger lance.

I think the scale would be wrong, slightly under-scaled. I think the best way to recreate it would be getting a food stick and sculpting over it. You could even get Hot Toys hands off a figure and they could stand in for the Gekkou hands, but paint them black.

Dem ankle joints. Looks like a good deal of articulation. Probably more than the upcoming nondiecast IM HOT10506.jpg

With the double jointed knees, this will be able to put in a lot of dynamic poses I bet. It's like they took the PAK version and blew it up to full 1/6.

I said earlier in the thread, i highly doubt articulation is going to be an issue

Especially at $300

Back