Action Figure Hot Toys - VGM17 - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Raiden

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't see that being the final retail price. This isn't a Predator :lol

Although Mime Joker was insanely overpriced when it came with nothing.

It's a Jack license thing too right? Glad it's a shelf warmer nowadays though.

This thing will be close to $300, even more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven't played the game but WOW, this looks amazing! Not really digging the shoes, hehe :lol
I'm thinking it'll look good together with Hot Toys Snake Eyes :)
Might have to pic this up.

Actually, this doesn't really match the source material as much as it should. The grey "muscle" ares should have more of a brownish color and the parts of his chest that are supposed to be a copper-orange color look gold. Plus, the proportions look wrong. His head looks too big for his body when you compare it to the game models.

this thing is a beast! too too fresh! just look at the details on his suit! no doubt definite order for me.

Actually, this doesn't really match the source material as much as it should. The grey "muscle" ares should have more of a brownish color and the parts of his chest that are supposed to be a copper-orange color look gold. Plus, the proportions look wrong. His head looks too big for his body when you compare it to the game models.

Wow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The head proportion you mentioned is the most glaring issue I've noticed. Is the sheath too small as well? Not too shabby otherwise.

Looks like the Video Game Masterpiece series is still alive and well!

I hate Raiden. He's a *********, a whiny brat in MGS2, he semi-redeemed himself in MGS4 but stealing the spotlight from Snake in MGS2 will always leave this character in a bad light in my view. From what I've heard, MG:Rising:Revengeaganadance was pretty good.

That being said, this is an incredibly awesome-looking figure!!! The detail looks amazing and I'm really surprised Hot Toys threw this out there. I'm extremely happy for you MGR fans that have been waiting for this figure. He does look really, really cool.

I think they reason you're seeing this is because Hot Toys is rumored to have been having problems with their die-cast metal/figures. Which is probably causing them to re-prioritize several figures release dates so this might mean there's more surprises to come.

This might leave hope for the Arkham City Batman!

Hey, I'm not saying it's not cool, but for the price it should be just this side of flawless. You should have to do a double take to make sure it's not a screen shot from the game. To me that's the main test for a HT figure these days. When I can show someone a pic of a figure and people first think it's a pic from the actual movie then I know it's good. For $200.00 plus you should expect no less.

Howard's interview was like 'Metal Gear Solid: Guns of the Patriots, Raiden and Biohazard 6.' GOTP will be separate and I can't ****ing wait for Old Snake. I really hope they make figures from The Phantom Pain too.

Howard's interview was like 'Metal Gear Solid: Guns of the Patriots, Raiden and Biohazard 6.' GOTP will be separate and I can't ****ing wait for Old Snake. I really hope they make figures from The Phantom Pain too.

I need an Old Snake and a TPP Big Boss. Them along with Raiden, I could be done.

I don't even like Raiden as a character but his design is just badass.

I don't see how the head is too big. Looks proportionate if he were to be breathing and walking among us. Its near perfect in my opinion. Maybe a bigger sheathe and hf blade, internal colorations, and the hair could be more gray/white. But nothing else other than that.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Honestly, for me it's the EX version or none at all. The Murasama blade is not something that comes with many other Raiden figures, and its inclusion with the exclusive version instantly made this figure a must-buy for me. :lecture

he semi-redeemed himself in MGS4 but stealing the spotlight from Snake in MGS2 will always leave this character in a bad light in my view.
Raiden being the main guy in MGS2 was the best thing to even happen to Solid Snake. From Metal Gear, Metal Gear 2, And even MGS he portrays us, the player. Who has no clue what is going on. So he is constantly being down talked and treated like an idiot by both his own team who half the time treat him like an expendable pawn and by his foes who also equally treat him like an idiot. In MGS2 because we wernt snake it give him the chance to actually be the one in-the-know. And then Raiden was given the clueless boots.

I think in MGS1 he said " the reality doesnt live up to the legend ". And i think this is true, because Meryl was looking at him from the outside. Like we were in MGS2. But for the most time when you actually play as him everybody you meet calls you an idiot and at the end of every game you find out you did something counter-productive.

Which is why pretty much a lot of people jumped on to Big Bosses wagon. And im not a mindless follower, but i do also prefer Big Boss. Not for actor, or game stand point. But from an overall significance in story standpoint.

Raiden being the main guy in MGS2 was the best thing to even happen to Solid Snake. From Metal Gear, Metal Gear 2, And even MGS he portrays us, the player. Who has no clue what is going on. So he is constantly being down talked and treated like an idiot by both his own team who half the time treat him like an expendable pawn and by his foes who also equally treat him like an idiot. In MGS2 because we wernt snake it give him the chance to actually be the one in-the-know. And then Raiden was given the clueless boots.

I think in MGS1 he said " the reality doesnt live up to the legend ". And i think this is true, because Meryl was looking at him from the outside. Like we were in MGS2. But for the most time when you actually play as him everybody you meet calls you an idiot and at the end of every game you find out you did something counter-productive.

Which is why pretty much a lot of people jumped on to Big Bosses wagon. And im not a mindless follower, but i do also prefer Big Boss. Not for actor, or game stand point. But from an overall significance in story standpoint.

There's a lot of truth in that. The way Snake was portrayed in MGS2 solidified his position as the ultimate badass of the series IMO.

Back