Action Figure Hot Toys - VGM17 - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Raiden

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really want one from MGS2...but I know that'll never happen. Everyone hates pretty-boy Raiden :monkey2 :lol

I like MGS2 Raiden, especially post MGS2. Say what you want but at least he means well, his flaws came from his characterization as an analogy to the player
Although I dont see it ever happening Id like an MGS4 Raiden too_Or even better the Rising prologue Raiden.My favorite RaidenView attachment 99697

I'd love the prologue Raiden, definitely would buy that. The Medicom Raiden holds up really well, I don't see a need to remake him aside from the brittle materials by Medicom.

I already have Play Arts Kai Raiden, which is quite good, I have barely any money, but life be damned if I don't get this. The HT looks a lot better than the Play Arts Kai, which, while nice, suffers from how stylized it is in this case, as well as the fact that they "can't into faces" (they suck at faces most of the time, really). The hair on the HT needs to be a bit lighter, though. And the sheathe and blade definitely need to be bigger.

I'd still like to see MGS4 Raiden (I actually like that design way more than the MGR prologue one. They could add an extra head, though), but this looks too awesome to pass up, even if I am broke as ****. I'll probably feel bad for buying 2 Raidens, though. And to think that I was even considering to buy the revoltech one. xD

Damn, I'm at work and I'm feeling sleepy as hell. Couldn't get such a good sleep since I kept looking at my phone's wallpaper of the awesomeness that is Hot Toys Raiden.

i bought em all and think theyre all good. i will continue to buy them. im going to repaint my red and yellow raidens though. theyre not the colors advertized.

Why does everyone keep saying raiden's sword is too short? His blade is medium length, not long. I wish there was an alternate sword with
the blue lightning effect though.

great...now time to sell my 3 play arts kai variants and HOPE that'll be enough to buy this when it comes out...

great...now time to sell my 3 play arts kai variants and HOPE that'll be enough to buy this when it comes out...

Pretty sure it would. With the HT figure incoming, I'm definitely selling mine and quitting PAK forever. Mwahaha.

Figured we needed a thread about this awesomeness!
970036_10151965655667344_1885395523_n.jpg

Finally! Something that is not Marvel / Iron Man! :lol

Having said that, should I get this or just stick to my Play Arts Kai Raiden...

I feel like his legs might be a little too short, and hi hair too tall and puffy... thoughts?

And collector guy, his sword and sheath should be longer buy about 1/3, its shorter then the gun for crying out loud :lol

I like MGS2 Raiden, especially post MGS2. Say what you want but at least he means well, his flaws came from his characterization as an analogy to the player

I'd love the prologue Raiden, definitely would buy that. The Medicom Raiden holds up really well, I don't see a need to remake him aside from the brittle materials by Medicom.

I like MGS2 Raiden a lot also, but from a design standpoint, I’m happier that this figure was made. I hope the wait isn’t too long.

Pretty sure it would. With the HT figure incoming, I'm definitely selling mine and quitting PAK forever. Mwahaha.

I'm gonna sell my PAK version as well. Though I'm not gonna quit PAK just yet. For the Final Fantasy figures :lol

Finally! Something that is not Marvel / Iron Man! :lol

Having said that, should I get this or just stick to my Play Arts Kai Raiden...

THIS!

I'm gonna sell my PAK version as well. Though I'm not gonna quit PAK just yet. For the Final Fantasy figures :lol

THIS!

Where are you gonna sell it? To clarify, I quit MGS PAK figures only, still might be getting FF and Arkham figures.

Where are you gonna sell it? To clarify, I quit MGS PAK figures only, still might be getting FF and Arkham figures.

Probably selling it on LYN or FB. I do love the SF, FF, and Arkham figures, but they're getting way too overpriced now. Probably only collecting a few and be done with PAK. I could get some BIB Hot Toys or old Sideshow figures for $100.

did you play MGS 4..? its like a thumb for his feet if you will, lets him hold the sword and knives

Yoji Shinkawa explained this if I recall correctly. They likened it to primates possessing thumbs on their feet for gripping. Specifically Shinkawa designed him this way to give him a more primal sort of vibe (hence why the "toes" are also exposed instead of just regular boot designs). In this regard the "heels" are actually more like thumbs that serve as a way to grip his sword/knives if he can't use his hands or if a certain move/attack requires more legwork than his arms could manage (to further the idea of how pragmatic and deadly Raiden has become as a cyborg). Heck, the figure's specs says that it even includes an extra foot (or two?) in a gripping pose to simulate that function.

I've had to cut back and cancel a few preorders lately, but that is all fine... because this is my reward! lol

Back