Action Figure Hot Toys - VGM17 - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Raiden

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does the face on yours have any small black little dots? Mine has two, and I think I saw one posted by someone else on here.

Does the face on yours have any small black little dots? Mine has two, and I think I saw one posted by someone else on here.

No, the entire head is absolutely pristine. The issues on mine are some of the little gold studs (especially the ones on the stomach) not quite being lined up properly. Also a bit of paint blemishing on that metal piece with the 'caution' logo in the centre of his chest. There's also some kind of residue on his left chestpiece (the large, flat gunmetal part) that doesn't want to wipe off, and the tip of the standard katana is a tad more blunt-looking than I'd have liked. Little bit vexing on a figure this expensive, but the overall look is so good I'll give it a free pass.

The issues on mine are some of the little gold studs (especially the ones on the stomach) not quite being lined up properly.

I wouldnt worry too much about that. The sculpt of the figure isnt sculpted perfectly symmetrical in the ab section. Theres sculpted creases and such which make it look like the figure is kinda half breathing in, or out, or ever so slightly twisted in the abs. So that could account for the gold dots. I think its a subtle attempt to bring some life in to it.

They just posted an unboxing video on ign for this figure. I was watching closely to see if they had broken elbows but they only moved one of the arms. They seemed pretty terrified to touch it.

We should defer to potato - the armchair expert on the elbow issue.

On a serious note, I'm pretty happy that my figure didn't come with any problems out of the box. But, it kind of sucks that you can't articulate the joints too much, out of concern for breakage. Even Medi Raiden was more resilient than this.

you can buy him on amazon for $212 free shipping from japan.

not too bothered that i paid full.. since I also received a whole extra body/head/etc.

I finally got my replacement from Japan opened up. Both elbows work this time. But I still feel like I have to baby the hell out of them.
7BA1E266-4B68-4198-AC62-F14F90C79E36_zps9wcg3zns.jpg

So my figure just arrived and I have to say- he's not that impressive?

I mean don't get me wrong- the sculpt is awesome and the paintwork & proportions are great but he feels too light and fragile. I feel like I could break him just by posing the limbs. Oh well, let's see if this will grow on me after awhile on the shelf. I think I might have set my expectations too high after the sublime Arkham City Bats. He's still the VGM to beat.

So my figure just arrived and I have to say- he's not that impressive?

I mean don't get me wrong- the sculpt is awesome and the paintwork & proportions are great but he feels too light and fragile. I feel like I could break him just by posing the limbs. Oh well, let's see if this will grow on me after awhile on the shelf. I think I might have set my expectations too high after the sublime Arkham City Bats. He's still the VGM to beat.

It's a beautiful figure I'd be terrified to play around with to any extent. Lots of small, fragile parts layered on top of one another. All those little rubber hoses. The plastic swords. The arm for the scabbard. It has SH Figuarts-style hips but they're on a ratchet so tight I'm terrified to use them. Plus mine has three little QC issues that really bother me at this price point - 1) small paint blemish on the silver 'collarbone' in the middle of his chest, 2) the gold rivets on his midsection need touching up and 3) there's a slightly miscast lumpy bit on his right bicep armour.

I think Hot Toys basically pushed it to the limit of what you can successfully mass-produce with this figure. It's insanely complex and very fragile - while that makes it a very admirable figure stood up in a cabinet, it makes it a pretty unappealing prospect to pose and fiddle around with. There's no part of the figure you can gain purchase on while holding it without feeling like you're about to break something. The one positive is whatever the rubber sections are made of (I suspect some kind of synthetic vinyl), I don't feel like they're imminently going to disintegrate like a lot of other HT figures.

Despite all that, I'm glad the figure even exists. Rising quickly became my favourite game I've played in years, still go back to it every so often.

I tend to agree. It's a pretty figure, but it's loaded with fragile pieces and it comes across as very dangerous to do anything but leave it in a museum pose. It goes beyond just busted elbows. I had to send my first one back since a couple of the armor spikes came off and I didn't even mess with it. They definitely showed no care, outside of sculpting for this.

Yeah, I'd like to say that this figure was way too ambitious, but I'm grateful nonetheless. It looks AMAZING, but hold it in your hands and it's as tough as eggshells. Let's just say I won't be touching or posing him. EVER. :lol

I buy a week ago in my local shop to raiden us open and check the elbows in the store just before I buy and were perfect. a week later and only three occasions have bent elbows and carefully and your right elbow already is broken. that recommend you? can I disassemble and repair? or is it better to try to talk to the store? or it is better to do nothing?

i dont have a tutorial per se, but i did tell matt how its done.

gently pry off the 3 armor pieces, i usually take the elbow one off too to make it easier to get the rubber sleeve off. when taking the rubber sleeve off check around every hole and seam for excess glue that could tear the rubber or prevent it from moving. roll down the sleeve from the shoulder and push it down while tugging the wrist portion. alternate back and forth til you slide it down past the elbow and it should come off the arm. take out the 2 screws that are in the forearm and elbow, one is slightly thinner than the other, keep that in mind because the thinner one goes back in the elbow. the forearm should split apart easily and you will have the 2 halves, peg, and upper arm w/ ratchet loop. in the ratchet loop you will see 4 holes around where the cog peg goes through, slice one of them in the middle with an exacto blade to give the cog peg a little extra give when it rotates in there. repair the broken plastic, let it dry, then install the peg back into it and fuse it in place with more glue and let it dry. i use a small file to clean up any extra glue. then, reassemble the arm and test the joint. if all is well then put the rubber sleeve back on and reglue the armors. youll be all set. heres a couple of pictures of what you will be looking at when everything is apart:

897a43cf94fbea414d847ce590a926b1.jpg

0db4e088e8114e457033438b27a1a65e.jpg

bfcdaf8f11631d1f6d6cad27b2a91986.jpg

4e607b3492926e46dec91d77f74fd63b.jpg

12a3e2ffd9031628ba673faee4a7515c.jpg

do about this fix works? da me very afraid to do so? is it easy? with material or glue you recommend to use?

its not hard you just have to be very careful and patient. thats all. there have been people who have sent them to me to fix as well as people on this forum who have done it themselves. let me know if you need my help fixing them or good luck doing it yourself. all you need is a small phillips, a small flat head and some superglue.

as for going through the place you bought him from for a replacement, you could do that and get another broken raiden or they may not even have a replacement for you. its really up to you, but i feel that this fix is easy enough for others that its almost just easier in general just to fix it yourself. if its something you feel you cant do then theres always going through the return process or you can send the arms out to me to fix for you. no matter what you choose good luck!

Back