Action Figure Hot Toys - VGM17 - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Raiden

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excited :panic:

vjn9qP2.jpg

Should be here Monday.

Mine should be arriving in 2/3 days. According to my supplier, the batches in Asia are free from the elbow issue.

However, a word of advice on anybody planning to get this figure- DO IT NOW. He's in such limited supply here and that only means one thing- he's gonna be rare. I've mingled with some Asian collectors and like it or not, Raiden's being snapped up by Iron Man collectors and everyone else. He's literally being bought by folks who've never even played the game because "he looks cool."

So to all you Raiden fans, get him. He's gonna be really pricey down the road. Mark my words.

Interesting. I should receive my replacement tomorrow. My first one was ordered through hobbylinkjapan and it had the elbow issue. This one was purchased sometime later from another Japanese based seller. I really hope that I can dodge the elbow issue this time, but I am keeping my hopes in check. He is an amazing looking figure so I can understand his wider appeal.

I am understanding that this figure has several problems? I do not understand English and use translator. I am reviewing all post but I can not properly understand all the problems that this figure has

can someone make me a summary a list of the specific problems?

I will go tomorrow to a store and I want to buy a raiden I'm afraid

you me recomindan open and check the figure and the elbows before buying?

I want to put that condition the seller before paying

Please can you advise me? I only have time until tomorrow

thanks

is there any way to distinguish elbows which will break? are they elbows that feel loose and then end up broke? or there is no way to distinguish it?

do please someone gives me some advice? I just have time until tomorrow

Theres no way to tell but i hear that the japanese version for some reason doesnt have this issue but i kind of dont believe it because why would they have 2 different designs? This happens right out of the box on the first few bends or its already broken in the box like mine were.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

I've seen people from Asia that have received broken elbows, there's plenty of them on Facebook so I don't think that's true either.

The very first HK releases were riddled with them, lots of UK and US people buy from HK sellers to get them as early as possible and there's were lots that's cropped up.

Is an issue overall, much like the first DX12 with the oil issues, if you get one that is ok out the box your lucky but with continued use they will inevitably break.

And I got mine from a UK supplier, months after general release.

British postal service living up to its godawful reputation as usual. My package has been in the depot since last Friday and they haven't even processed it for customs clearance yet :mad:

I've seen people from Asia that have received broken elbows, there's plenty of them on Facebook so I don't think that's true either.

The very first HK releases were riddled with them, lots of UK and US people buy from HK sellers to get them as early as possible and there's were lots that's cropped up.

Is an issue overall, much like the first DX12 with the oil issues, if you get one that is ok out the box your lucky but with continued use they will inevitably break.

And I got mine from a UK supplier, months after general release.
I think you mean DX02, but yeah seems to be the same.

Good news: Royal Mail completely failed to update their tracking info, opened my front door to find a large box sitting on the porch 30 minutes ago.
Better news: both elbow joints appear to be completely intact.
Bad news: the ratchets are so tight I'm actually terrified to try and articulate the elbows.

Will unbox the figure later and take some photos. Not overly impressed by the quality of the Murasama sheath or the assault rifle, but everything else looks fantastic. It really is one of the best-looking figures they've made to date.

Congrats! Your elbows sound like mine. The only issue on mine is that the outward joints on the shoulders doesn't have symmetry in the clicks. One feels looser than the other, but holds position with no issue.

Congrats! Your elbows sound like mine. The only issue on mine is that the outward joints on the shoulders doesn't have symmetry in the clicks. One feels looser than the other, but holds position with no issue.

Unboxed it. They seem to be working OK, but with this thread as evidence I don't have confidence that will continue.

Here's a couple of crappy iPhone photos:

CaErTge.jpg

HAOgdee.jpg

Overall an absolutely beautiful figure. Have to say though, there's quite a few more small imperfections in the paint finish than I'm generally used to seeing from Hot Toys.

I think the Murasama came out more decently than people are giving it credit for and a smart move on their part to cast the blade in the appropriate colour and texture of plastic than try to paint it, but the scabbard for it and the assault rifle are absolute garbage :lol

Back