Action Figure Hot Toys - VGM17 - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Raiden

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I personally would hate to not have the arms bent or just succumb to not bending themm on a toy i paid $300 for. I just love how menacing you can make him. I dont think ill have an issue with the rubber either, but if i did i have 2 extra arms i got through people ive fixed arms for. Heres a pic of mine posed:

bc1fa944fa0fc8c872c52a90e333e432.jpg

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Mine too, the pegs are the only problem on that figure. The wrist and ankle pegs are so fragile, i epoxy coated all of mine, problem solved. Medi raiden is another figure that will go under the knife soon. im waiting on amnurs octocamo facemask and im sending it and a piece of the medi olive drab suit to pete for color matching paint. Cant wait for all my customs to be finished and minus mgs2 snake and raiden i will have a custom of everything i want.

I think I'm down to my last pegs. I've had them break inside the hole, and I needed a hot needle to get them out.

When i change out the body i think hell pose a lot better, i havent come up with a good enough idea to implement on him yet. When i do, ill be able to ditch those horrible medi pegs for good.

Agreed. The Medi Raiden suit holds up without issues. The only issue with the figure is the weak pegs, but I overcame it by creating a duplicate mold using epoxy. Problem solved, infinite pegs. :lol

I have the itch and almost feel like taking him apart when i get out of work. I should really send his head out to pete with the others to get paint done, his face looks very dollish, especially when both old snakes will be updated.

Mine too, the pegs are the only problem on that figure. The wrist and ankle pegs are so fragile, i epoxy coated all of mine, problem solved. Medi raiden is another figure that will go under the knife soon. im waiting on amnurs octocamo facemask and im sending it and a piece of the medi olive drab suit to pete for color matching paint. Cant wait for all my customs to be finished and minus mgs2 snake and raiden i will have a custom of everything i want.

well, i did say Plastic, not Rubber did I?

that comment wasnt for you.

just sayin if Medicom's PLASTIC pegs can break off on it's own, seeing how HT Raiden joints come broken out of box, clearly the material's used on them are weak, gluing the broken areas back up won't prevent other areas from breaking on it's own and it'd happen very soon. the area with the hole is much thinner than the area broken, having the screw applying constant force on it doesn't look too good. I wouldn't be surprised if the knee joints break too. They probably used bigger & thicker joint but materials would be the same so they'd be fragile.

if the joints were hidden would have been better to find alternatives from model kits or recast it with stronger materials, instead of having to keep removing the armor/sleeves just to fix it everytime it breaks.

you are just spewing as usual, not having an ounce of knowledge in what youre preaching. i have confidence in what i do, i dont need your OPINION. you have never even dealt with this issue firsthand so you have suggestions that dont work or make sense. the joints you speak of wont even fit and youd have to heavily mod the area to install them. i only want to hear suggestions from you when i actually see you working on SOMETHING. you have these ideas that comes from absolutely no experience at all. reading your comments no matter how short they are is exhausting to say the least.

Stupid iPhone, I was gonna give Jason a rep, but it went to potato :pow. Will message a mod to have this rectified.

Last edited:
Back