Hot Toys Unmasked 'Murphy' Robocop Teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know I always though it was funny, even from the very beginning, that somehow a bullet was able to punch right through the visor and yet somehow not damage his vulnerable human eye. :lol

The helmet scar is made when ED 209 gives him an uppercut in the OCP Lobby just before they first show the eye not a bullet hit so that would explain the lack of eye damaged, ive seen it hundreds since I was a kid

What caused the open cuts on his left robo-tit though? Not bullets surely.

Robo-tit :lol Those cuts appear after the first shots from ED 209 so Eds bullets must be super powerful, they did rip Kinney to shreds earlier in the movie

The upper cut as well, id assume.

Theres actually some damage to his chest before the uppercut but just after ED 209 shoots him for the first time so they must be armour piercing bullets or just a really powerful gun, either way Robo gets a good beating from ED

WOW what a sculpt. Pretty sure it's a custom but damn is it nice.

Edit: I stand corrected, it's a 1/1 sculpt.
181234_482293218513063_1292993888_n.jpg

Yeah, I think the unmasked portrait is always a cool bonus and even though you don't see it until he's all damaged it'd still be cool. But I have to admit like most of those I'd probably never end using it so at the end of the day it's just plastic in a box :lol

I actually really like the damaged Visor on the main figure though... his eye showing through the damage of his visor was always a very striking image. A really great way of showing the audience there really was a person in there.

944387_10151423197177344_717295547_n.jpg

Oddly enough when I was at the store today I was looking for the eye inside of the cracked visor and didn't see it. Guess the final release will have the eye and the pic HT posted is just photoshopped until the final release.

WOW what a sculpt. Pretty sure it's a custom but damn is it nice.

Edit: I stand corrected, it's a 1/1 sculpt.
181234_482293218513063_1292993888_n.jpg
it is a computer 3d model from 200*s and not a sculpt.
i posted its source and author once but am lazy to seek again.

The helmet scar is made when ED 209 gives him an uppercut in the OCP Lobby just before they first show the eye not a bullet hit so that would explain the lack of eye damaged, ive seen it hundreds since I was a kid

Then you need to watch it one more time, preferably on a big screen. When **** Jones summons the ED-209 it marches toward Robocop and then unleashes a burst of bullets that sends him flying backwards through the doors. When he rises you can see the string of bullet hits across his head. THEN the ED-209 uppercuts him.

Just watched this again for the first time all the way through in over 8 years. AMAZING FILM. Amazing!

And it really would have been silly to include the unmasked portrait with the first release. I'd forgotten how mangled he got from the cops shooting at him. Total body damage. Then he goes off to remove the visor, never to put it on again. So HT is on point with saving the unmasked look for a total BD version.

Then you need to watch it one more time, preferably on a big screen. When **** Jones summons the ED-209 it marches toward Robocop and then unleashes a burst of bullets that sends him flying backwards through the doors. When he rises you can see the string of bullet hits across his head. THEN the ED-209 uppercuts him.

Just watched this again for the first time all the way through in over 8 years. AMAZING FILM. Amazing!

And it really would have been silly to include the unmasked portrait with the first release. I'd forgotten how mangled he got from the cops shooting at him. Total body damage. Then he goes off to remove the visor, never to put it on again. So HT is on point with saving the unmasked look for a total BD version.

lol it's funny that **** Jones' name gets censored by the profanity filter. We can't even quote one of Bodicker's best lines in the movie: "Look at my face, ****!" :)

Wow just noticed this! So is this a separate release from the other two versions? If so I'm holding out for this one.

Back