Hot Toys Unmasked 'Murphy' Robocop Teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol it's funny that **** Jones' name gets censored by the profanity filter. We can't even quote one of Bodicker's best lines in the movie: "Look at my face, ****!" :)

"*****es leave" is easily his best line...succinct and to the point. I use it all the time :lecture:lol

Then you need to watch it one more time, preferably on a big screen. When **** Jones summons the ED-209 it marches toward Robocop and then unleashes a burst of bullets that sends him flying backwards through the doors. When he rises you can see the string of bullet hits across his head. THEN the ED-209 uppercuts him.

Just watched this again for the first time all the way through in over 8 years. AMAZING FILM. Amazing!

And it really would have been silly to include the unmasked portrait with the first release. I'd forgotten how mangled he got from the cops shooting at him. Total body damage. Then he goes off to remove the visor, never to put it on again. So HT is on point with saving the unmasked look for a total BD version.

Yeah its been a few years now since ive watched (had to give it a break) but i got a 60 inch plasma now so I think its time to break out Robo once again. Ps Did you go out of your way to study that scene just to prove me wrong? :dunno

Last edited:
Yeah its been a few years now since ive watched (had to give it a break) but i got a 60 inch plasma now so I think its time to break out Robo once again.

Absolutely! You're in for a real treat. I had the Criterion Laserdisc back in the day but this was my first time watching it on a "big" screen at home and in high definition. It really took me back to seeing it in the theater for the first time. I *need* this on blu stat.

Ps Did you go out of your way to study that scene just to prove me wrong? :dunno

Ha, I could see how it might seem that way but I honestly took your word for it when you said he got the "bullet holes" from ED's uppercut. I was a little surprised to see that I had remembered it correctly. I was actually studying all phases of his battle damage (how could I not) after the figure reveals and related discussion here.

I have a gun pointed to his head right now. I'm gonna shoot him if he doesn't do what I say. Nobody try to be a hero either. If I see any sudden movements out of anybody I'll put you down too.

Best post so far, lol.
Best post this WEEK!
My 2 cents is that i might consider a fully battle damaged Robocop, but first and foremost, i want Robo from the beginning of the movie.
And that is pristine, with his lid on.
At no point when he's pristine and factory fresh does he ever have that lid off.
So including it with a semi-battle-damaged figure wouldn't be accurate.
I appreciate what everyone is saying with the pics of the IM2 MKVII with the pop off parts, but it doesn't accurately replicate the totally shagged armour Tony had at the very end, even though it's a great compromise.
Watching for a full reveal.
Also, in the teaser images, those fingers definitely look female. I don't know many guys who cut their nails like that...
:rotfl

I just hope its not 1/4 scale.
I compared my fingers with the teasing pic.
And it measure 1/4 scale.
That will be out of my collecting scale.
Please be 1/6 fully battle damage.

I just hope its not 1/4 scale.
I compared my fingers with the teasing pic.
And it measure 1/4 scale.
That will be out of my collecting scale.
Please be 1/6 fully battle damage.
on 1/4 scale human nail length is equal to face length from chin to lower lip.

T-800-Battle-Damage.jpg

picture.php

on 1/6 scale human nail is equal to "from chin to nose bridge" length.

SDC17077.png

155067096_hugh-jackman-16-figure-head-sculpt-hot-toys-wolverine-x-.jpg

robocop face is 1/6 for sure.

270182_10151426009867344_294397838_n.jpg

you might think that the head itself is too big because it has neck and because robocop's head is actually bigger than human's.

Robocop_2_wallpapers_11066.jpg

it bugged me also before that research, so yeah, thank me from me too :D

and thank tsang for taking no part in that project with his crazy cat faces and melt crap armors!!!!!!!!!

I heard it straight from a Hot Toys rep's mouth today at Tokyo Toy Show...this sculpt is for a Robocop 2 version!!

I heard it straight from a Hot Toys rep's mouth today at Tokyo Toy Show...this sculpt is for a Robocop 2 version!!

Hmmm, that's actually a little disappointing then. I was warming up to the idea of adding a fully battle damaged Robo from the first movie to my collection. I hope one is still on the way.

If that's true, well, I guess I know how I'll be displaying my Robocop 2 Robo.

That is disappointing but not really surprising.

On the bright side at least it isn't a Robocop 3 head sculpt. Still would rather a end of film BD Robocop, don't think I could part with money for anything Robocop 2 related.

Back