Hot Toys Unmasked 'Murphy' Robocop Teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not going to lie... I nerd raged for 3 hours after seeing this thread.

I think they should offer a clean headsculpt of Murphy's face for the 1st figure, theirs honestly no reason NOT to include it, especially with the $299+ price... it would be a nice addition with the chair.

I don't know if I can afford a Battle Damaged Robocop, which honestly kills me inside, it's a $$ problem... other wise I probably wouldn't care, lol.

Of course it's a money problem. It's funny how some freaks act like dropping $300 on a "toy" isn't a big deal. :lol

. If you can have swap out chestplates, how hard is it to do the same with the shoulders and legs.

Well I'm sure there'd be compromises on accuracy there, and complication with the opening leg holster. Not to mention introducing more breakable, gimmicky parts that I thought you were earlier suggesting they should have avoided...

You just need to decide him if you want him from the first 2/3 of the movie or the last 1/3. Just like the T2 T800.

That's fine... but there were scenes with the helmet off without battle damage, so it should be included. *shrugs*

I expect the same extra's from ALL of the Iron Man figures, they get a Tony Stark head sculpt, Nolan Batman gets a Bale sculpt.

Just sayin'.

Of course it's a money problem. It's funny how some freaks act like dropping $300 on a "toy" isn't a big deal. :lol

True, true. We're desensitised. I'll make up for it by being hard on myself elsewhere. At least thats the plan...:monkey3

That's fine... but there were scenes with the helmet off without battle damage, so it should be included. *shrugs*

Only from Robocop 2 as I recall.

Not to mention introducing more breakable, gimmicky parts that I thought you were earlier suggesting they should have avoided...

Yeah, exactly. I said that in of itself is a compromise didn't I? I'm just suggesting all the other possibilities, even ones I wouldn't like.

I mean, look at the pics of figure where everything is laid out. Those chest plates are going to compromise the quality of the figure. I can already see complaints about "my rings snapped off", "I don't like the seam line", "my magnets weren't glued well", "it's crooked", "my rings are bent", "this feels cheap".

That's my entire point. So they include "half ***" battle damage, but no Murphy head? Why bother then? Because ED doesn't damage his arms and legs excessively as the guys seconds later in the same building? That's ridiculous. How about the discrepancies between how Murphy looks before he stabs Clarence to the point at the end at OCP with **** Jones? It'll be the same scenario again.

Then there are the folks (which I'd assume are most people) that wouldn't care about the amount of Battle Damage anyway and would have been content with what we got with the 203 and would have loved and appreciated an alternate mask less head to display at their choosing.

:lol yeah, this is getting ridiculous, paying more and getting LESS isn't cool.

I have to be very selective as I can't work... if I wasn't disabled, I'd whore myself around just to pay for this thing. :rotfl

I mean, look at the pics of figure where everything is laid out. Those chest plates are going to compromise the quality of the figure. I can already see complaints about "my rings snapped off", "I don't like the seam line", "my magnets weren't glued well", "it's crooked", "my rings are bent", "this feels cheap".
Dude, the seam for the removable chest plate follows a natural seam in the suit design. If you've got so many benamins laying around that you think they should split this figure into three releases, buy two of them and glue the chestplates on permanently. Problem solved.

If Hot Toys is still incapable of making a removable plate fasten securely without QC issues in 2014, then friend we've got bigger problems.

That's my entire point. So they include "half ***" battle damage, but no Murphy head? Why bother then? Because ED doesn't damage his arms and legs excessively as the guys seconds later in the same building? That's ridiculous. How about the discrepancies between how Murphy looks before he stabs Clarence to the point at the end at OCP with **** Jones? It'll be the same scenario again.

Again our fundamental disagreement seems to be that you don't think that ED-209 phase of BD is worthwhile as a look in its own right whereas I do.

I agree on the latter part in bold. Lets not bother with making seperate figures for that.

Presumably you would also say its not worth HT releasing a seperate figure of a SWAT shootout T-800. Where he has the semi-BD phase of BD except his knee is still intact. I would agree. Now as it happens I intend to kitbash this but thats beside the point. HT doesn't need to sell a seperate figure of it.

Dude, the seam for the removable chest plate follows a natural seam in the suit design. If you've got so many benamins laying around that you think they should split this figure into three releases, buy two of them and glue the chestplates on permanently. Problem solved.

I like my figures being as sturdy and as well built as possible. Nothing annoys me more than PERS panels (or PERS in general), or a piece of hair that pops off with the slightest touch just to depict a deleted scene.

The more gimmicks you have, the more things that will go wrong QC, the less aesthetically pleasing the figure looks the, the more people that will complain anyway. Now it's fine with accessories. I love fold-able stocks, removable ammo clips, I think that sticky bomb gun with the DX Batman figures is genius. But when those gimmicks are implemented into the headsculpt or actual figure? No thanks.

The only panels Robocop should have is that wicked gun pistol holster in his leg and the electronics (which don't compromise the sculpt like Enterbay's with it's "moving head and waist" functions).

But that's not even my main gripe. The whole point is, if they can include battle damage, then logically they can include a couple more pieces (and it literally is a couple) and a second head. They've done this with main releases for years, most notably Batman and Iron Man. Now if they don't do that and they insist on multiple releases to depict multiple scenes, why have "removable/swappable" BD armor in the first place? :huh

I can understand the idea of HT economizing, by making a "one size fits all" release - but that would hardly be an accurate figure in the end. Folks want movie accurate figures, but also want economy. :lol

At first I wanted the Murphy sculpt included too, but yeah - like the MMS117 & DX13 Arnolds, there's more than enough justification for two versions - the film speaks for itself!!! :lol

Now whether I can afford both RoboCop figures is another story.. but with the gimmicks on the current figure not appealing to me - plus that ugly base, hopefully Act3 RoboMurphy is going to be a great version to own. :cool:

As far as I'm concerned, it's GOOD they're doing separate figures. Each version can have it's own appropriate attention to detail etc, resulting in a far better outcome. :)

Last edited:
I like my figures being as sturdy and as well built as possible. Nothing annoys me more than PERS panels (or PERS in general), or a piece of hair that pops off with the slightest touch just to depict a deleted scene.

The more gimmicks you have, the more things that will go wrong QC, the less aesthetically pleasing the figure looks the, the more people that will complain anyway. Now it's fine with accessories. I love fold-able stocks, removable ammo clips, I think that sticky bomb gun with the DX Batman figures is genius. But when those gimmicks are implemented into the headsculpt or actual figure? No thanks.

The only panels Robocop should have is that wicked gun pistol holster in his leg and the electronics (which don't compromise the sculpt like Enterbay's with it's "moving head and waist" functions).

But that's not even my main gripe. The whole point is, if they can include battle damage, then logically they can include a couple more pieces (and it literally is a couple) and a second head. They've done this with main releases for years, most notably Batman and Iron Man. Now if they don't do that and they insist on multiple releases to depict multiple scenes, why have "removable/swappable" BD armor in the first place? :huh
If I could have everything that's included in the MMS203 plus more battle-damaged parts plus an unmasked second head - all for the same $299 - then yes please I'd take that. But I have to assume Hot Toys is no longer willing to give us that much bang for the buck. And if the damage is going to be as extensive as I imagine it (like movie promo Mark VII) then it makes sense to save the unmasked head for that one so that it's more than just a repaint.

One day, when regular MMS figures are $500, I wonder if we'll still keep arguing what a release should and shouldn't come with and if a second release is appropriate.

None of the prices are relative to what we get, so it's all a moot point.

- Regular MMS Wolverine, Ridiculous price

- DX Mime Joker, pretty much nothing, Ridiculous price (though we've been desensitized and used to far worse so it's not as bad)

I'd say Luke Skywalker has been the only figure (or figures) that has been priced right in the last couple of years. $145ish a fig with appropriate weapons and accessories and bases? Fantastic. Other than that with other releases? Horrible. The damaged Terminator costs more and yet, only has an alternative jacket? What gives. No second body? No alternate clothing? How is that acceptable. Then we have bare bones MMS figures that are past the $200 price mark and "deluxe" figures that are past $300. There is no "bang for your buck", only what the company is willing to charge, either the makers or distributors. There is no logic or scale to gauge the prices for what is released, just speculation "oh, it's because it's diecast, oh it's because it's Jack Nicholson's likeness" to try and justify it.

Last edited:
One day, when regular MMS figures are $500, I wonder if we'll still keep arguing what a release should and shouldn't come with and if a second release is appropriate.

None of the prices are relative to what we get, so it's all a moot point.

- Regular MMS Wolverine, Ridiculous price

- DX Mime Joker, pretty much nothing, Ridiculous price (though we've been desensitized and used to far worse so it's not as bad)

I'd say Luke Skywalker has been the only figure (or figures) that has been priced right in the last couple of years. $145ish a fig with appropriate weapons and accessories and bases? Fantastic. Other than that with other releases? Horrible. The damaged Terminator costs more and yet, only has an alternative jacket? What gives. No second body? No alternate clothing? How is that acceptable. Then we have bare bones MMS figures that are past the $200 price mark and "deluxe" figures that are past $300. There is no "bang for your buck", only what the company is willing to charge, either the makers or distributors. There is no logic or scale to gauge the prices for what is released, just speculation "oh, it's because it's diecast, oh it's because it's Jack Nicholson's likeness" to try and justify it.

tumblr_m49kcqCeqp1rp2vfq.gif

Thank you for many fans’ support when we introduced our latest RoboCop collectibles. We heard that you guys would love to see Alex Murphy as the unhelmeted RoboCop, so we got a good news for you all

yup sounds almost believable

Last edited:
I think the real issue here is the price... at $300 many collectors feel there should be more accessories to justify the price, even if they don't match up with the particular scene in the movie.

If they priced Robo more reasonably like $170-$200, I think majority of collectors would find the separate releases more acceptable.

Back