Hot Toys True Type Female Caucasian & Cuban American Versions

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw these today at Toys2. They wanted $42 CDN for them. They look VERY nice though, and pretty hefty.

Dude looks like a lady! (in this picture!) I'm still getting them but the heads in this pic remind me of dudes in drag.

:confused: There is nothing masculine about their faces.

I suggest you may be a bit used to unrealistic doll-like features of Cy Girls, Triad and other companies that appear to have never actually looked at a real woman when making their sculpts.

I love HT, I really do - but they desperately need a native English speaker to look over their publications

In my experience, this is a not uncommon phenomenon with English as a second language users, with them overestimating their abilities and not securing a proper editor (i.e. native speaker) for advertisments and other official publications. This even happened at a university in the Netherlands with university literature aimed at native English speakers, so it is not just an Asian thing (thinking of the infamous examples of Engrish coming out of Japan).

They look great and I got my notice this morning, but I think Ill have to cancel the order I have for both of them. Gonna be to much with car payment and the STARS Resident Evil figures.

Hrm, if the Cuban's hair were black I'd pick one up in a heartbeat to make a Mercy Thompson. It'd be a pretty original figure and since she's a book character, I'd have a lot of freedom and artisic license in making her.

I don't need these, especially at the price point but glad they're making some nice, realistic (ie, small chested) bodies!

I'm sure that HT ChaCha Asai have small chest body but I don't think this one can be considered small chested. Well, they're not as big as Triad tho.

DSC00321a.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, I wouldn't exactly call them small per se; but I think I know what was being got at.

But I like how 'small' equates to 'realistic' :lol

I actually think the rooted hair didn't come out too bad on these...

:lol

I don't think hot toys has made a really attractive, feminine, head sculpt yet. they get close but there's always hints of masculinity or something off with them. Their better ones (Scarjo, Spectre, Predator) all look like they want to kill someone.

Their better ones (Scarjo, Spectre, Predator) all look like they want to kill someone.

don't you know, they look really angry because all the HT males would rather vacantly stare into space than at them...

I don't think hot toys has made a really attractive, feminine, head sculpt yet. they get close but there's always hints of masculinity or something off with them. Their better ones (Scarjo, Spectre, Predator) all look like they want to kill someone.

I think their best in terms of likeness and femininity is Elizabeth Swann.

:confused: There is nothing masculine about their faces.

I suggest you may be a bit used to unrealistic doll-like features of Cy Girls, Triad and other companies that appear to have never actually looked at a real woman when making their sculpts.

They look like men. It is TRUTH :lecture
...at the very least they are two extremely hideous women. :D

She's too dark.

I think their both pretty damn ugly. :( :lol

Agreed. WOOF!

Everyone is buying these for the bodies any ways more then likely. The heads are just place holders until you get a better looking one.

True, but HTs made their male true type heads look like Beckham, Cruise and the dude from Prison Break. Atleast they had kitbash possibilites from the get go.

These females are both identical sculpts and just ugly. It'll probably be a _____ to find a head with the same skin tone as the Cuban one.

True, but HTs made their male true type heads look like Beckham, Cruise and the dude from Prison Break. Atleast they had kitbash possibilites from the get go.

These females are both identical sculpts and just ugly. It'll probably be a _____ to find a head with the same skin tone as the Cuban one.

Apparently Hot Toys did't think on sculpting the female heads to resemble a celebrity. What were they thinking or were they? Of course, was the past likeness on the female figures (Swann, Silk, ect.) good enough that you would purchase one just for the likeness! Please Hot Toys if you are reading any of these comments we know you can do better.:confused:

I think the pale one would make a good Emma Frost.

Btw, does anyone know if Triad Toys clothing would fit these? It looks like it might be a bit of a tight fit (no pun intended).

I think the pale one would make a good Emma Frost.

Btw, does anyone know if Triad Toys clothing would fit these? It looks like it might be a bit of a tight fit (no pun intended).

Firstly, welcome to the forum/tread.

I think it should fit depending on type of clothing you use. Most of triad body are bigger than HT anyway(in some part). :naughty

Back