Hot Toys True Type Female Caucasian & Cuban American Versions

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apparently Hot Toys did't think on sculpting the female heads to resemble a celebrity.

Didn't they?
You may well be right...

... but while it doesn't make a great deal of sense and it's defintely coming in from out in the left field, but hold that Caucasian/Cuban sculpt up and look at the profile...

To me that looks very familiar. Think black hair. SG1... PitchBlack... Farscape? I reckon that's the closest we're ever going to get to a Claudia Black sculpt.

Anyhow, off to scalp a raven Azone head ;)

Thanks.

Well, I think it looks great from head to toe. The proportions on most other female Sixth Scales really annoy me, even on the face, so it's nice to see one trying to be at least generally realistic.

i got both versions in awhile ago and is it just me or did they do the hairline up really high? they both look like they have receding hair lines where the forehead is really high up. the paint work looks good but that giant forehead bugs me. :(

i got both versions in awhile ago and is it just me or did they do the hairline up really high? they both look like they have receding hair lines where the forehead is really high up. the paint work looks good but that giant forehead bugs me. :(

The forehead is really off now that you mention it. It is just way too big relative the positioning of the rest of the face.

I have three of these on the way and will replace the heads all anyway, but HT just does not appear to put the same effort and care into female figures. May be it is inexpereince or (un)conscious bias, but this would have been a good chance for them to try to finally produce an accurate sculpt of a female celebrity.

Last edited:
one more annoying thing although it's not a big detirment is the lack of things available. the male bodies there are lots of gears and things we could use, but the feet on the females don't work with anything and all the clothes are too tight or too baggy because of their odd proportions. the neck has that giant ball joint too that doesnt work with any other figures out there. i guess it makes sense if hot toys is going to release waves of female military figures -which i dont see them doing, but the compatibility of parts right now just sucks and i havent picked up anymore for this very reason. :(

So I got my bodies yesterday from BBTS and am I the only person who finds the skin tone noticeably too dark on the Caucasian figure?

As a white woman of not overly pale complexion, all I had to do was hold up the figure to the back of my hand and its inaccuracy was painfully obvious. The male slim TT is still too dark but closer to how the average blonde European would look, which is ironic since studies have shown women to be paler than men on average.

Their prototype images were completely misleading in this instance. The desperate lack of female bodies mean I have to keep these and paint them, but this is a really inexcusable failure from HT.

Last edited:
To those of you who have seen these in real life- Do you think this new body would work with a Sideshow Buffy head?
I'm not worried so much about skin tone but rather the size.
Thanks.

Question to those of you who own this figure:
Can you tell me the height measurement from the ankle swivel joint to the bottom of the heel? basically the vertical length of the foot piece (the normal foot)

Just I'm looking to do some custom work and that measurement would help out a lot, rather than me estimating...

To those of you who have seen these in real life- Do you think this new body would work with a Sideshow Buffy head?
I'm not worried so much about skin tone but rather the size.
Thanks.

I just held it to one of my SS Buffy figures (the one where she has a ponytail in the red coat) and the heads are nearly identical. In fact the only reason I do not switch the bodies out is that the built-in, black stack-heel shoes they used for Buffy, Scully and a few other figures look great.

Can you tell me the height measurement from the ankle swivel joint to the bottom of the heel? basically the vertical length of the foot piece (the normal foot)

Assuming by "normal foot" you mean the one that comes attached to the doll (not the extra pair), the bottom of the foot to the ankle joint is precisely 2 cm.

So I got my bodies yesterday from BBTS and am I the only person who finds the skin tone noticeably too dark on the Caucasian figure?

As a white woman of not overly pale complexion, all I had to do was hold up the figure to the back of my hand and its inaccuracy was painfully obvious. The male slim TT is still too dark but closer to how the average blonde European would look, which is ironic since studies have shown women to be paler than men on average.

Their prototype images were completely misleading in this instance. The desperate lack of female bodies mean I have to keep these and paint them, but this is a really inexcusable failure from HT.

I don't believe that you are the only one who noticed this. I purchased some caucasian flat feet to replace the high heeled feet on the secret service female and the feet are really dark compaired to the body as are the bare hands. However fully clothed with boots the shade difference won't be noticeable.:rolleyes:

I just held it to one of my SS Buffy figures (the one where she has a ponytail in the red coat) and the heads are nearly identical. In fact the only reason I do not switch the bodies out is that the built-in, black stack-heel shoes they used for Buffy, Scully and a few other figures look great.

Thanks. That's the Buffy fig. I'm loooking to swap bodies with. Is the trutype shorter than the Sideshow body she is on? She always seemed too tall to me.

Assuming by "normal foot" you mean the one that comes attached to the doll (not the extra pair), the bottom of the foot to the ankle joint is precisely 2 cm.

Yeah as you assumed. Thanks so much for getting back to me about this.

Got this about a week ago and I'm kinda disappointed at the big boobs, I was looking forward to using this body for my Milla custom...

However, does anybody see a bit of Tricia Helfer (BSG's #6) in the sculpt?

Are there any photos out their comparing these bodies to older female TT bodies like the one Ripley and Elizabeth Swann came on? I'm mainly wondering if the body is any taller.

I would like to see Cuban figure next to Sheva for skin tone comparison. I know they don't match but how far off is it?

I was wondering this too. Are there any pics of a Sheva next to or with a Cuban body?

So, I have a question if anyone has an answer. Does anyone know if the "Cuban American's" hands and feet would work with the Hot Toys Silk Spectre?

Back