Hot Toys- TRON: Legacy: 1/6th scale Kevin Flynn Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you like at the bright white stripes on Kevin Flynn's black boots they seem to contrast enough with the black that an articulated Sam or Quorra wouldn't look too bad without lighting if they used the same paint.

I finally found one at Fanboy! Should be getting it this week, cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess I'm not really expecting another Tron release but I'd surely love to see one. I think the only thing that has left me with some hope is that with the Nolan Batman and Avengers lines having the main characters announced and in the works there may be more room for HT to explore their other licenses. I think HT will move cautiously forward on Man of Steel and The Wolverine with maybe one release each and HT didn't seem super gung ho on making figures from the last Thor movie so I'm not sure what will come from the new one. I figure we get at least four from Iron Man 3. So, with all that said I have a bit of hope. With HT you never know. I was sure they forgot about their X-Men license and they announced two figures from that recently. I kind of think a Rinzler or Quorra would sell better than a X-Men: First Class Charles Xavier figure.

I was under the impression that HT is currently waiting to see how Tron Uprising does, and go from there.

I find it interesting that Sideshow only produced 1 item in their agreement and that is the 1/5 Rinzler, which still isn't released, and has been pushed back time and again.

Personaly I would love to see atleast CLU, or Rinzler released at the minimum. Really if you break it down we have the following figures Tron related:

HT Kevin Flynn
HT Sam Flynn/ Light Cycle
Spin Master 1:6 Clu
Spin Master 1:6 Sam Flynn
Medicom Daft Punk Figures

Then if you want to get into customs we have the 1982 Tron/ Kevin Flynn from Spencer. I shoud be getting Tron from Spenser this week.

Not a bad assortment, but of course Spin Masters figures leave a lot to be desired compared to the others.

Just my take.

I was under the impression that HT is currently waiting to see how Tron Uprising does, and go from there.

I find it interesting that Sideshow only produced 1 item in their agreement and that is the 1/5 Rinzler, which still isn't released, and has been pushed back time and again.

Personaly I would love to see atleast CLU, or Rinzler released at the minimum. Really if you break it down we have the following figures Tron related:

HT Kevin Flynn
HT Sam Flynn/ Light Cycle
Spin Master 1:6 Clu
Spin Master 1:6 Sam Flynn
Medicom Daft Punk Figures

Then if you want to get into customs we have the 1982 Tron/ Kevin Flynn from Spencer. I shoud be getting Tron from Spenser this week.

Not a bad assortment, but of course Spin Masters figures leave a lot to be desired compared to the others.

Just my take.
What happened with custom quorra from earlier in this thread?

I remember that it looked pretty good.

I'm not sure if they are considering Uprising a success at this point. Critically it is a success and it has support from the die-hards, but viewership hasn't been great. It has been poorly marketed and they kept fudging with the schedule. I'm not sure how well it has done with itunes or psn downloads though. New episodes air on the 19th, so tell anyone who will listen to check it out.

I'm hoping Tron: Uprising lasts long enough to see the transformation happen.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Same here. I'd like to see a knock down, drag out Tron vs Clu fight before the show ends. Since Tron is already damaged, would be cool to see his last stand sort-of-speak.

Either way the show has been pretty rad thus far. I'm behind a couple of episodes, hoping to catch up tonight or tomorrow.

I love TRON: Uprising! I've got "Becks Beginning" on iTunes when it was a free download a week or so ago and I have all the other episodes on my PS3.
I watch them weekly.
The show has seriously expanded the TRON universe and I hope it continues. Hope they even show Kevin Flynn after exile at some point.

I love TRON: Uprising! I've got "Becks Beginning" on iTunes when it was a free download a week or so ago and I have all the other episodes on my PS3.
I watch them weekly.
The show has seriously expanded the TRON universe and I hope it continues. Hope they even show Kevin Flynn after exile at some point.

:goodpost::exactly:

I know I'm reviving all the tron threads and this is the last one I needed to visit. I think. I'm a little late to the party. The custom light up hooded black trench is especially nice. Just saw some pics of that. Ill page through and check the whole thread cause that's what I do. Did Spenser offer those for sale?

I'm not sure where to post this but I was thinking of making a Quorra. Looking at the Kumik Amanda Seyfried head and thinking its pretty close. What do you guys think?
y7e9u2a7.jpg
6umu7a9a.jpg
tume2a3a.jpg
eru7a5un.jpg

Could anybody who owns this figure tell me how the ankle articulation in the black boots holds up? Is the rubber hard, i.e., no ankle articulation, or are the boots soft and allow some movement? I'm thinking of using the boots for a custom, but I hate stiff ankles/no poseability.
Thanks. :)

Could anybody who owns this figure tell me how the ankle articulation in the black boots holds up? Is the rubber hard, i.e., no ankle articulation, or are the boots soft and allow some movement? I'm thinking of using the boots for a custom, but I hate stiff ankles/no poseability.
Thanks. :)

There's no ankle articulation as far as I can remember. The ankles aren't on the normal ball joints but instead more of a the plug fit similar to DX Luke and DX Joker2.0

Back