Hot Toys - Toy Fairs EX - CA TFA: Captain America (Star Spangled Man Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was initially turned off by the head sculpt since he wasn't really that "stern" in the scene except when he was "acting", but it was the classic suit so I dove in. However, with the announcement of the upcoming releases, I wanted to maybe put this figure off for 2 months or so and maybe get him with a $20 coupon of that month since I didn't use any coupons this time around. SSC usually sends emails every so often listing what items are selling out soon and I didn't see it listed so I figured they still have a good amount and wouldn't sell out as fast, much like the Rescue version.

I was thinking of cancelling, & reordering at a later date with a coupon code, but it doesn't even look like I can do that right now. It seems delivery restrictions have been placed on this figure now, & no new orders can be shipped to where I live. I'm guessing only a certain amount of figures, or a certain time window, is given to some countries to pre order?

Kinda bummed I'm not getting it at a discounted price, but happy I got my order in at all. If I don't get a skinny Rogers figure, or the next, maybe couple of HT CA figures don't impress, I might scrap my CA progression display idea, & simply sell the bunch. For now, the Winder Soldier CA uniform looks like it could be a nice addition :D

BSOLlHvCAAAsoyl.jpg

BSOJCMvCEAAZPQX.jpg

This is... so sad Y_Y

Processing on Friday the 30th gang. The Spangly-Man will soon be home!:yess:

(PS: I am going to warm up the 'nipple-wist' hand to a pointing finger hand)

:wave

I just received my Red Skull yesterday, and am anxiously awaiting my Star Spangled Cap to come. In the meantime I decided to have the Skull meet some fellow baddies. Cap is going to have his hands full when he arrives.

So that's where the Tesseract sent Red Skull...
Great pic. :)

I ended up cancelling my order. i feel tempted to buy a Tony Stark figure but I don't know... I already have the Mk7 TS head and I don't want that to go to waste.

Got my final invoice for this figure tonight. They're charging me $15 and change for shipping, but the order page on Sideshow's website says that it should be $10 flat rate shipping. I guess I'll have to call them Tuesday to see what's up. I know some folks are disappointed with this figure, but I'm looking forward to posing it with my Rocketeer.

He was sold out at $299.99 before right? If so, then I feel bad for the people who pre-ordered when it was first up.
If he was sold out, but not in stock, then the people who pre ordered would automatically get the lowest price at BBTS wouldn't they?

If he was sold out, but not in stock, then the people who pre ordered would automatically get the lowest price at BBTS wouldn't they?

I'm not sure if they do automatic price adjustments/low price guarantee, but now that I think of it, buyers would have the time to cancel their pre-orders and reorder if anything. Hopefully they notice the change and do so.

im on the fence about this. i have all the other figures from TFA not sure if i should pick this up and complete the set.

Same, except for Red SKull which I just got on the waitlist for. I ordered him originally but that head sculpt just kept bothering me in the back of my mind. I ended up cancelling and either I'll wait until I can use a coupon for it or I'll ultimately pass on it. At first I was hoping he would be smiling and not so serious since that scene in the film wasn't meant to be very serious. Then after I got past that, it was just the fact that it hardly looks like Chris Evans. I'm still undecided about this one...

Back