Hot Toys - Toy Fairs EX - CA TFA: Captain America (Star Spangled Man Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sorry for the quality and set up of the pics, just started school and the place is a mess
2w57vqc.jpg

jhbvxz.jpg

2lxjqt1.jpg

21vk3n.jpg

sc3zig.jpg

Nice group shots. Any chance we can see him with the round shield? I got my Star Spangled Man Yesterday, here is a shot with him and the Red Skull.

I received mine yesterday after really debating on getting him. WOW! I know it has already been pointed out, but the base body is horrible. I have already stripped him down and plan on picking up a replacement body for him this week. I still can't believe that they attached the front and rear stars to the actual body! Hopefully I can get him looking decent, if I do I'll post some pics of him once I am all done.

Well, I just got this figure. I was struck by a glaring flaw right out of the box. It looks like the uniform has been stitched crooked in the torso area:
28E16AC5-2A05-4D09-85EF-664646124C06-3532-000001DF83B3B7C2_zps6cdd40cf.jpg

0F1845B6-B7F4-4C5C-BC79-B5C3A1AF0FE0-3532-000001DFD09D5270_zpse9aef3b4.jpg

All the tugging and straightening doesn't seem to help, due to the fact that the star is attached to the chest. I was looking forward to getting this in hand, but I'm going to have to contact Sideshow for a refund.

Sorry.. to see that man. I have voiced my opinion on this figure loudly. But I can't help cringing when I see the body shape in your shots above. The belly? the shoulders? The thighs? Aaaargh.

Mine had some dodgy stitching on it as well.

Yeah, I definitely see what you meant about the padding and overall patchwork feeling of this figure. The stitching is off also on the left arm.

it no doubt has the look of a rushed figure, which is funny when you think we saw the prototype over a year ago, its definitly my least favorite of the 4 Cap figures but that's not to say that I hate it. The figure itself had so much potential, given a grinning headsculpt and better hand combinations it could have been great instead of just mediocre

it no doubt has the look of a rushed figure, which is funny when you think we saw the prototype over a year ago, its definitly my least favorite of the 4 Cap figures but that's not to say that I hate it. The figure itself had so much potential, given a grinning headsculpt and better hand combinations it could have been great instead of just mediocre

Agreed. Seems like once Iron Man 3 was coming out, they abandoned him and left him in the closet and just rushed him out after the hype of the movie died down...

This might be making my decision easier after seeing those pics above.
I have over $43 in rewards points and was deciding to spend it on Yoda or Cap.
I'm now leaning toward Yoda.

Back