Hot Toys - Toy Fairs EX - CA TFA: Captain America (Star Spangled Man Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All else aside the worse thing about this figure is the head sculpt. No likeness at all. This is the only Cap I don't have because of that. It's like they went a step back because the ones before are fine.

I always looked at this figure like this - the figure looks like a total dork, but in the movie he was supposed to look like a total dork. This isn't supposed to be badass, buttkicking Captain America. This is Selling War Bonds Captain America. :)

Well I'll add this, I saw First Avenger once and went a long time without seeing it again, and over time I saw this figure waaay more than I saw that part of the movie. For the longest time this figure had completely warped my thinking that Cap looked really really bad in that scene, but then when I saw the movie again-

tumblr_n8b1wcId4T1te1cwfo5_500.gif

I was like "oh, that looks fine. Silly sure, but kinda neat". If the figure matched the body shape more, maybe a darker blue, and a better attempt was made at the HS it could be a pretty cool figure, while still being silly War Bonds Cap.

I wish this figure came with that grin he does at the end of that scene where he stops and smiles. The serious face just doesn't represent this version very well for me

Hi,

I bought the figure from a store and first thing i noticed was that it was missing the plastic wrap around the box. The other thing was that the two tapes inside for the gun blister pack are picked slightly so to say. Orherwise it looks new, no finger prints and never touched from factory as far ad I can tell. My wife tells me probably factory worker made the nail marks on tape corner When removing tape from paper. I cant exchange as this was the last copy.

Hi,

I bought the figure from a store and first thing i noticed was that it was missing the plastic wrap around the box. The other thing was that the two tapes inside for the gun blister pack are picked slightly so to say. Orherwise it looks new, no finger prints and never touched from factory as far ad I can tell. My wife tells me probably factory worker made the nail marks on tape corner When removing tape from paper. I cant exchange as this was the last copy.

Sometimes a customer wants to see an item before buying. Other times, a store will put the figure on display to sell others, then package up the last one before selling that once everything else is sold.
It doesn't affect the figure much.
I bought a spare of this one ages back that only was missing a pair of hands. It's a decent figure and even if it had been handled, it won't adversely affect it.

Sometimes a customer wants to see an item before buying. Other times, a store will put the figure on display to sell others, then package up the last one before selling that once everything else is sold.
It doesn't affect the figure much.
I bought a spare of this one ages back that only was missing a pair of hands. It's a decent figure and even if it had been handled, it won't adversely affect it.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply! Actually, they get them sometimes in bulk and have them on sale, this time two of them. the other one was bought by someone else. Mine was sent from their central warehouse to this store as I requested it instead of collecting at the central warehouse 60km away. It could still be as you said. Maybe it coyld be toy fair left over?

well,i already have 5 versions,besides the civil steve rogers one from winter soldier.not sure if i pull the trigger.but its the first version of him
I have him, he's a cool figure, but I really just got him to complete my TFA collection. Don't think I'd get it as just a stand alone figure.

well,i already have 5 versions,besides the civil steve rogers one from winter soldier.not sure if i pull the trigger.but its the first version of him

That's the thing, it's the first version and if you're a cap fan, as you are, I would think you'll want him. I doubt he gets made again. I have him as my only cap right now, but I bought his parted out suit to make a more classic comic cap.

okay guys,call me crazy,but i could get this guy for 139€,so i picked him up,will get this cap in a few days.i just love the nostalgic look of the first avenger

I have this figure to complete my TFA line and as mentioned by kds, I also love the outfit and the look. However, I don't know who ok'd the body on this, but it looks completely unnatural to me. Huge biceps and utterly no chest or shoulders.

I have this figure to complete my TFA line and as mentioned by kds, I also love the outfit and the look. However, I don't know who ok'd the body on this, but it looks completely unnatural to me. Huge biceps and utterly no chest or shoulders.
so,some work necessary

Congrats! I procrastinated too long so now he's out of stock at Popcultcha. Will probably still pick him up somewhere, sometime (at least the price won't skyrocket!)

Back