Hot Toys - Toy Fairs EX - CA TFA: Captain America (Star Spangled Man Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1444180478397885494553.jpg
Last figure to set up to the up to date Captain America figures. I gotta admit. My least favorite would be The Avengers Cap, I actually like this one better than it.

My wife just spilled the beans and accidentally gave away that she bought this for my upcoming birthday. Super pumped to get him in! Sorry to post in a mostly dead topic... Excited.

Congrats! I hope you like him. :clap

HT missed the mark horribly on his body in my opinion, but his suit is really cool. Overall, it's a really cool figure.

It's a nifty figure. HT really missed the mark on his body in my opinion, but the suit is really cool. Overall, a really great figure.

tumblr_n8b1wcId4T1te1cwfo5_500.gif

HT missed the mark horribly on his body in my opinion, but his suit is really cool. Overall, it's a really cool figure.

I'm overly happy with my AoU cap being my one cap. So the negative aspects of the figure won't bug me much as he will more than likely be posed on top of my shelves in a saluting pose....unless I can get my hands on a DiD hitler for him to knock out.

In hand this figure was so disappointing. The body is terrible and looks flat from the side. Turning the head pops it off the body, just a horrible figure.

No, the positives outweigh the negatives for me also. Every figure has its pros and cons. I really like the SSM Cap, but I think he by far has the worst body of all the Cap figures. The saluting pose will look really good though, and if you're able to snare a Hitler figure for him to be punching, that would be epic. :lol

I have mine in a pose where he has his shield at waist level and his free hand is making a fist against his waist. I quite like it. :)

I always looked at this figure like this - the figure looks like a total dork, but in the movie he was supposed to look like a total dork. This isn't supposed to be badass, buttkicking Captain America. This is Selling War Bonds Captain America. :)

I always looked at this figure like this - the figure looks like a total dork, but in the movie he was supposed to look like a total dork. This isn't supposed to be badass, buttkicking Captain America. This is Selling War Bonds Captain America. :)

I don't know, I always liked the brief clip of the old "movie serials" in First Avenger...
cap-tfa-18jpg-e32261.jpg

I don't have this figure, but if I did I think that's how I would display him...
Hot_Toys_Captain_America_Star_Spangled_Man _Version_2013_Toy_Fairs.jpg

But, unless I get a good deal, I don't plan on ever picking one up. It's not a knock against the figure but I have two Caps already (First Avenger Cap and AOU Cap) and that's enough for me. But the Star Spangled version, the Rescue version, and the Winter Soldier version, are all figures I have appreciated from afar.

My wife just spilled the beans and accidentally gave away that she bought this for my upcoming birthday. Super pumped to get him in! Sorry to post in a mostly dead topic... Excited.

Congrats!!! :rock

:exactly: I'm glad I have him in my collection - all part of the evolution of Cap....and I do quite enjoy that sequence in the TFA with the stage show/singing! :lol

Honestly I'm good with the scrawny geekiness. Being more of a Marvel comic fan than MCU or pop culture marvel fan I loved the whole USO sequence. They perfectly captured old cap that just wouldn't work with anything they could want to do in today's action movies.

image.jpeg

Even though the costumes different you can totally feel the cap evolution seen in the comics.

image.jpeg

I just hope one day we quit denying ourselves the fact that Liefield gave us the best representation of cap. He was just ahead of the times. Liefield Hot Toys Cap TF exclusive 2017!

image.jpeg

I don't know, I always liked the brief clip of the old "movie serials" in First Avenger...
View attachment 221488

I don't have this figure, but if I did I think that's how I would display him...
View attachment 221490

But, unless I get a good deal, I don't plan on ever picking one up. It's not a knock against the figure but I have two Caps already (First Avenger Cap and AOU Cap) and that's enough for me. But the Star Spangled version, the Rescue version, and the Winter Soldier version, are all figures I have appreciated from afar.

I picked one up from a fellow collector in the UK earlier this year for $115 because one set of his hands were missing. Might have been the fists. I think she had used them for something else.
I've never opened it to check.

Back