Hot Toys - Toy Fairs EX - CA TFA: Captain America (Star Spangled Man Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well...broke down and ordered this today...the 10% off, double rewards and free shipping pushed me over. Now I'll see if it's as bad (or good) as folks in here have been saying....

Just wanted to get that last FA piece.

Sure wish they'd produce a FA Bucky.....

Well...broke down and ordered this today...the 10% off, double rewards and free shipping pushed me over. Now I'll see if it's as bad (or good) as folks in here have been saying....

Just wanted to get that last FA piece.

Sure wish they'd produce a FA Bucky.....

Let us know how it works out for you and what you think of it. Post some pictures if you can.

C1.JPGC2.JPGSorry for the Necro post all, but I finally managed to snag and DYE the belt I was after to complete my Cap,
He has been ported over to a Hot toys road block body with some slight neck modification to accept the head sculpt
Belts from the new SS Batman dyed red , finally happy with this guy

Those pouches look great! Nice job. So were those blue or yellow to start with? I haven't tried dying things very much and when I did, it didn't come out that well.

Thanks Mate :)
They were the Yellow SS batman pouches, belt
I am not very good at dying (SP) anyway so I kind of destroyed the belt in the hot water and had to glue it back together . not a big problem ,
But one to be aware of.

I became tired of the little blue gym shorts he's wearing and (taking my inspiration from the Allied Charge on Hydra PF) gave him some proper pants.

I may dye them a darker blue in the future.

Last edited:
I was just about to say, if you dyed them a darker blue it would look even better. But that is definitely already an improvement.

Email went out today, coupon code cap4zqy7 for an additional 20% off of Star Spangled Cap, in addition to the 10% off already in place, plus free shipping and bonus rewards.

He's $166.40 in my cart, and for me that includes $11.61 in sales tax because I live in CA.

Heck of a deal on this figure if you've been on the fence about it.

Email went out today, coupon code cap4zqy7 for an additional 20% off of Star Spangled Cap, in addition to the 10% off already in place, plus free shipping and bonus rewards.

He's $166.40 in my cart, and for me that includes $11.61 in sales tax because I live in CA.

Heck of a deal on this figure if you've been on the fence about it.

no kidding. Great deal. $154 for non Californians. At $210 its a subpar figure but at this price I can overlook the problems and happily add him to my collection 370 in Reward points as well.. woo hoo

Sorry for the Necro post all, but I finally managed to snag and DYE the belt I was after to complete my Cap,
He has been ported over to a Hot toys road block body with some slight neck modification to accept the head sculpt
Belts from the new SS Batman dyed red , finally happy with this guy

Did you take WIP images of the mods?
It looks good on the body, but i reckon the neck looks a little long(Although i know that the camera can make it look that way depending on the angle of the pic).
Did you remove any of the Roadblock neck at all?

This guy is getting cheaper by the moment at Sideshow. I'm surprised that he's not popular at all. He's just about my favorite version from the first film. Maybe it's just that I love how they were tweaking the fans who yelled "why no spandex in the movies?" but I find him ironically compelling.

This is one of those figures I've been burned on buying it as soon as it's released. The other time was '66 Batman and Robin. Patience IS a virtue! These things don't sell out like they used to and they're usually cheaper down the road.

Last edited:
This is a great figure. I paid about $150 total from when Midtown Comics was having a sale on him. Was well worth it and if you've been wanting him for a while I say jump on this deal from Sideshow. You'll be happy.

This guy is getting cheaper by the moment at Sideshow. I'm surprised that he's not popular at all. He's just about my favorite version from the first film. Maybe it's just that I love how they were tweaking the fans who yelled "why no spandex in the movies?" but I find him ironically compelling.

It's the construction of the figure that everyone hates.
Yeah, I like the costume design a heck of a lot, and was initially thrilled when it was shown off, but the final figure is less than ideal. If I bought one, I would also need to get a knock off TTM-19 and switch the body out.

Back