Hot Toys - Toy Fairs EX - CA TFA: Captain America (Star Spangled Man Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was considering it at that price as I want a cap in the collection either rescue or this as tfa and avengers are a bit over priced currently from what I've seen.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

I got it today and it's in my Cap shelf now.
I would never have bought it but for the fact it was so cheap and brand new.
It's not without it's issues, but nothing major.
I like it. Especially at that price.

I got it today and it's in my Cap shelf now.
I would never have bought it but for the fact it was so cheap and brand new.
It's not without it's issues, but nothing major.
I like it. Especially at that price.

Yeah it's price prior to the drop was too high for what he is but at the current price I'm swaying. I mean if I don't like it on display,I can always sell him on and get my £102 back.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Yeah it's price prior to the drop was too high for what he is but at the current price I'm swaying. I mean if I don't like it on display,I can always sell him on and get my £102 back.

Of course. You will always be able to get £100 for him.

2D65C05E-5853-4648-B1AB-FDEE64502351.jpg

20CEB747-3F34-4AC5-85FB-9E6510361128.jpg

For some reason, I always thought you had him...... haha
Nice addition to the collection!! :yess:

Thanks. There are three of my Caps missing from that pic. Avengers Cap, Avengers civvie Cap and SSR Cap. See below for my entire Cap collection.
I never pulled the trigger on him. I still think it has minor issues with the shape of the head and shoulders.
But at £90, i couldn't say no.
All i need now is every version HT will ever make.
Then i will be done.
I'll be ordering BW and Cap from the new film(Every version of Cap they make).

C0CC6643-5888-415C-9425-456D1D7F78B0.jpg

B225FF0D-1CDC-4078-8450-5E4901F24132.jpg

3FAA3E41-E930-4115-AEEB-6AAD07DA4DDC.jpg

What's the leather strap supposed to be used for? I can't remember what the instructions say... I made mine into a strap for a the new Wolverine katana.

I guess the one for the tommy gun? It wasn't attached to it or anything. It's shown going under the ammo belt.

Quick question chaps, what's the head articulation like on this figure? I've just started to consider getting it and will probably look at reviews later, but in case none them do much with it I figured I'd ask you guys who have it already

ta

The head articulation kinda sucks.... lol You can't really have him face sideways because of the sculpt of the mask. It's either facing forward or you switch the headsculpt w/ Avengers Steve which I did. People seem to prefer that look more too.

The head articulation kinda sucks.... lol You can't really have him face sideways because of the sculpt of the mask. It's either facing forward or you switch the headsculpt w/ Avengers Steve which I did. People seem to prefer that look more too.

I kinda suspected that to be the case

even at the low price you can find it at, I'm now not convinced that I wanna get this

oh well

I kinda suspected that to be the case

even at the low price you can find it at, I'm now not convinced that I wanna get this

oh well

I got mine for about $150 shipped. It was a poorly constructed figure, my biggest issues was the head sculpt not looking like Evans and the body/shoulders/padding was just done wrong, but it still looks great in a Cap collection.

I agree with DW. It looks great in your display, but once you start posing it you start to really see all the flaws. If you can get it cheaply, I'd say go for it.

ToyHQ in the UK are selling MISB ones for that price. But you'd have to pay shipping.

https://toyhq.co.uk/product/captain-america-star-spangled-man/

I nearly pulled the trigger on this today, my intention was (like others have done) to have a line of Cap's showing the evolution of the costume, but then I realised taht I'd just be right back in an other Iron Man situation where I have to get the next one to complete the set

And I got myself out fo that by selling all but the MK7 and 5

I just need to remain strong and RESIST!

I nearly pulled the trigger on this today, my intention was (like others have done) to have a line of Cap's showing the evolution of the costume, but then I realised taht I'd just be right back in an other Iron Man situation where I have to get the next one to complete the set

And I got myself out fo that by selling all but the MK7 and 5

I just need to remain strong and RESIST!

I have the MKI to MKVII, and the Midas. And absolutely ZERO desire for the WM MKII, IP, MK42 or any of the others. I appreciate that they were going for an Iron Legion, but i have neither the spare money or the desire for three detolfs of IM suits. I feel that would make each one less in my eyes by having so many.
If you have a few IM suits you like but aren't getting every one, that's fair enough.

It's the same with Cap.
I have reasonable custom of the Golden Age Cap that i made a while back.
I have a couple of other custom looks too. I don't *have* to buy them all.

So, if you like this one at £102.99(Including postage), then get it.
It will never be any cheaper than it is now.
If you don't want it, then pass.
I think it's cool. It gives us an older comic book look(While still being tongue in cheek), and also gives us the "crummy suit" they put him in to sell war bonds and do those cheesy movies.
I am glad ToyHQ gave us the chance to get this one so cheap and i am glad i never paid full retail for it.

Back