Hot Toys Tony Stark's Arc Reactor - Life-Size Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Windlass Studios arc reactor from 9 years ago has been on display all this time by the television. Gave the acrylic case a good wipe and it looks like new. I decided to put the batteries in to see if it still works.... And wow, I forgot how bright the light was! Blinding white light! But is it just me or was the light supposed to be blue? LOL... Must've been my imagination.. I always thought it was blue.. Hmmm..

48787229663_fc7431522d_b.jpg

I just got this HCMY MK1 Arc Reactor. We've seen many versions of this, namely the one from King Arts and Mando, as well as the very first one from 9 yrs ago from Windlass Studios. The most recent one is this one from HCMY. I think this latest version looks and works better than the upcoming one from Hot Toys. This arc reactor has come a long way since the one from Windlass Studios that I own. Just look at the acrylic case it comes with, it actually looks like glass! The post that connects the arc reactor to the base looks much more film accurate too. And the selling point for me is that it doesn't have a switch or remote to turn it on, instead, you have to tap the case or the base to switch it on. It has some sort of sensor that activates when it vibrates I guess. Pretty ingenious how it works tbh. No batteries as well as its powered via USB to a power supply for it to remain on as long as you want! I love how sleek and clean it looks without the battery compartment at the back and visible switch etc. Oh and it comes in a very simple "From Pepper" brown box too. A very nice touch.

This is a very good alternative for those who don't want to spend so much on the one from Hot Toys.

48807429586_7a5bafa35a_b.jpg

48807570857_af408486a5_b.jpg

48807572007_3e41abc495_b.jpg

48807571157_1c942627e7_b.jpg

48807077548_830679af61_b.jpg

48807077003_7c36eaac96_b.jpg

I got it from here: https://www.thepachstore.com/collections/readystock/products/from-pepper-peppers-gift-arc-reactor-custom-made-1-1-movie-prop-replica

Last edited:
Back