Hot Toys Tony Stark's Arc Reactor - Life-Size Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This doesn't look that great. I bought my MK1 arc reactor kit from Mando studio for $140 shipped from China. Its mostly metal and complete base is machined aluminum. No plastic molded parts and all individual screws or photo etched pieces. Also has the breathing and LED functions with a wireless remote. It does have to be assembled but only took me maybe 3 hrs. Only gripe is that it has a piece together acrylic case (I'm assuming this was for shipping purposes to the US) but I plan on making a one piece box.

Thanks for posting that. I'm definitely going to look into this. I'm looking at the tutorial videos on how to put it together, and I have a question. Do you have to solder part of it?

Thanks for posting that. I'm definitely going to look into this. I'm looking at the tutorial videos on how to put it together, and I have a question. Do you have to solder part of it?

No, no soldering is required. The wire is passed through raised details in the ribs that you paint silver with a paint pen. When you order make sure to go through either their FB page or ebay store to avoid going through all the fakes on eBay and other sites. I don't think those come with metal bases.

So is sideshow getting these life size arcs? I see people speculating on facebook that they may not be getting them.

So is sideshow getting these life size arcs? I see people speculating on facebook that they may not be getting them.

From memory, unlike the Captain Marvel pager and Mark 50 arc reactor (along with the king arts arc reactor set) this one isn't being released until mid/ late 2020.

It'll be a huge seller as the King Arts products aren't widely available, would be surprising if Sideshow didn't open it for pre-orders soon.

I'm located in the states and only have experience ordering from Sideshow. Should I wait it out another month, or just order from one of the other sellers? If I do order from one of the others – does anyone have experience with Onesixthkit or One Sixth Outfitters?

I'm located in the states and only have experience ordering from Sideshow. Should I wait it out another month, or just order from one of the other sellers? If I do order from one of the others – does anyone have experience with Onesixthkit or One Sixth Outfitters?

I order from Onesixthkit all the time with no issues. i have only used Outfitters once but had no complaints.

PM me some of those if you dont mind, I can never tell who is super reputable on there, especially since preordering on eBay is a scary business at times.

I just look for folks who have long history and positive feedback. I?ll send over some links when I?m back home tonight.

I can't find the thread for the Mark 85 Hot Toys life-size arc reactor.... Just picked it up and I'm loving it! I love that it's wearable via magnets!

48769313902_0ea57921fc_b.jpg

48769312602_27aa424165_b.jpg

48769313522_3670aa073a_b.jpg

48769114221_4afb56e494_b.jpg

48769313772_8478d202f4_b.jpg

48773967036_ebef92689c_b.jpg

48774029566_7a31377a72_b.jpg

Last edited:
Back