Hot Toys - TMS035 - Bo-Katan Kryze (The Mandalorian Season 2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - TMS - Bo-Katan Kryze (The Mandalorian Season 2)

She was second in command of a Terrorist group and then lost her leader and sister over a weekend. Gets the Darksaber gifted to her 17 years later and by the time we see her 10+ years after that, she?s still struggling to survive. I?d say she?s earned the right to have a chip on her shoulder and be grouchy:lol

All good points. Maul impaled Satine with the dark saber, which probably adds some sentimental value.

She was second in command of a Terrorist group and then lost her leader and sister over a weekend. Gets the Darksaber gifted to her 17 years later and by the time we see her 10+ years after that, she?s still struggling to survive. I?d say she?s earned the right to have a chip on her shoulder and be grouchy:lol

Wonder if because of what happened if new rules for the dark saber were set when she had it last. That or the rules were in play last time when Sabine handed it to her, breaking those rules and how it obviously ended with Gideon getting it, she now won?t just take a hand out again. I dunno

I feel like people do forget she was part of a terrorist group at first that slaughtered a village for the hell of it (and probably countless others over the time between losing Separatist support and being on some random planet) lol

reminds me how much I want a Pre Viszla from Hot Toys

Wonder if because of what happened if new rules for the dark saber were set when she had it last. That or the rules were in play last time when Sabine handed it to her, breaking those rules and how it obviously ended with Gideon getting it, she now won?t just take a hand out again. I dunno

Or maybe they make exceptions for people who are younger like Sabine. Or because Sabine didn't win it in battle either but simply picked it up off the ground?

I would have assumed Filoni or some other writer would have offered some kind of explanation by now.

Or maybe they make exceptions for people who are younger like Sabine. Or because Sabine didn't win it in battle either but simply picked it up off the ground?

I would have assumed Filoni or some other writer would have offered some kind of explanation by now.

I honestly think the real answer to that is that Dave just didn?t give it much thought during Rebels and is just figuring it out as they go along The Mando. Them being super vague on the ?Night of a Thousand Tears? bought them some more time to figure things out. Maybe drop some more nuggets during Book of Boba and then fully explore it during Season 3.

Kinda like George did mentioning the Clone Wars and just figuring out the details out much later.

I would likely pose her with helmet off holding her helmet, gun ready just in case.

Distinctive face with headband and red hair seems a shame to cover up.

So this but with a pistol in her left hand?

3600_Bo-KatanKryze_MS2_34__98962.1605540508.500.750.jpg

Yep. That's the pose. Hopefully not the little smile.

She does kind of look like a 50's mom cosplaying.

:lol

4ygkfc.jpg

BTW, that picture of her looks vaguely familiar...I can't quite place it...

June! Beaver approval!

(whoosh is the sound of that joke flying high over the heads of millennials)

I'm far from the biggest fan of the character and even I think this figure desperately needs the head sculpt. It's part of the character's mantra in contrast to Mando's "this is the way".

I hope Mando impales her with the Darksaber in season three and she dies with that same disgusted look she had on her face when Mando walked in with Gideon.

you're just being salty because obviously Bo Katan being made way before your beloved Cobb Vanth :lol

Wait - who are you describing?:monkey3:rotfl

And George Lucas and Kiri Hart were not lost "over a weekend.":lecture Being second in command of the SW franchise has at times met the UN definition of terrorism however.

She may be struggling to survive but she does indeed still wield that darksaber "gifted to her" and it ain't helping with that chip on her shoulder.

bkgVz9X.png

I could’ve sworn they already gave an explanation.

[speculation]
Though she was in possession of the dark sabre after Sabine gave it, the Mandalorian people wouldn’t accept a ruler who hadn’t earned it. It has to be won. That’s why she wouldn’t accept it from Din.

An unknown factor is when did Gideon take it.

It could be that post ROTJ Bo still had it and tried to become ruler, and was not accepted. Then it was stolen by Gideon.

Alternatively, Bo was in possession of it during the Empire, but couldn’t return to Mandalore as it was still under occupation. Gideon could’ve stolen it before the empire fell. [/speculation]

Based on her not accepting it, I’m assuming the former.

Last edited:

I could?ve sworn they already gave an explanation.
Though she was in possession of the dark sabre after Sabine gave it, the Mandalorian people wouldn?t accept a ruler who hadn?t earned it. It has to be won. That?s why she wouldn?t accept it from Din.

It could be that post ROTJ Bo still had it and tried to become ruler, and was not accepted. Then it was stolen by Gideon.

Alternatively, Bo was in possession of it during the Empire, but couldn?t return to Mandalore as it was still under occupation. Gideon could?ve stolen it before the empire fell.

Based on her not accepting it, I?m assuming the former.

None of that happened, it was never explained.

We know very little about the Great Purge and what happened to Bo-Katan (and most Mandalorians) between her last appearance in Rebels, which is about a year or two before Luke blows up the Death Star, and her appearance in Mandalorian.

I would have disagreed with you before we all found out that Favreau probably doesn't have as much power over the show as we thought he did.

News to me. Unless you're talking Carano. But that's "Disney image" damage control, looking at it from their perspective. Hence a decision from above. imo.

If not, who does have control over Faverau ? The over arching, detailed planning, creative mastermind that is Kathleen Kennedy ?

I could?ve sworn they already gave an explanation.
Though she was in possession of the dark sabre after Sabine gave it, the Mandalorian people wouldn?t accept a ruler who hadn?t earned it. It has to be won. That?s why she wouldn?t accept it from Din.

Alternatively, Bo was in possession of it during the Empire, but couldn?t return to Mandalore as it was still under occupation. Gideon could?ve stolen it before the empire fell.

Based on her not accepting it, I?m assuming the former.

All we know is that she had it around 2 years before ANH and lost it sometime between then and Mando.

I thought it was made clear that Sabine could have ruled Mandalore, but didnt want that responsibility so she just gave it to Bo who already had a lot of the people backing her anyway.

I thought it was made clear that Sabine could have ruled Mandalore, but didnt want that responsibility so she just gave it to Bo who already had a lot of the people backing her anyway.

This is the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back