Hot Toys Tim Burton Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, I love that video!!! I don't really give two ____s if its satin, matte or whatever. The vehicle itself looks badass and nothing jumps out to me as being inherently wrong on it.

I don't recall any personal attacks. But if it prevents you from becoming any more of a drama queen, I'll stop. :lecture:lecture:lecture

Excellent news. Now back to regular programming.

My biggest issue with the Batmobile is it's sharp corners especially around the rear wheels/bumper and vents the whole area is off. Should be more rounded and organic.
I wonder if they have bulked up the centre section just to hold the figures?

Hope not, as Keaton actually didn't fit into the original without bending his ears.

Last edited:
Re: Hot Toys Michael Keaton Batman (1989)

I wish someone would stick the Joker, or another 1/6 right next to it. You can kind of get a sense of size from the video... but a picture would be nice.

Wonder if we will see Batman this show or not... I'm hoping he was held back for a end of the show debut :pray:

I think a lot of people get confused about the true colors of things due to studio lighting conditions. I remember when my step-brother was insisting that the Keaton Batman suits were actually gray, when that was actually just a result of the way black foam latex reflects light. I've seen the suits and Batmobiles in person multiple times, and the Keaton Batmobile definitely is not gunmetal; it looks closest to a black satin finish. There are a couple weird nuances though...

EDIT: From one of the Hot Wheels guys- "The blue and green metallics were mixed into the last few coats of semi-gloss black. We were able to duplicate this finish on the Hot Wheels Batmobile prototypes but it just looked weird in the daylight. Like someone else mentioned the black looked grey except in certain highlights. Mixing a green/blue pearl into a semi-gloss clear also will look incorrect. In the end WB only approved our semi-gloss black paint that ended up on the 1/18 scale diecast car. Although to get the black to look screen correct i would add a tiny amount of gunmetal pearl into the black to give it that slight metallic sheen. Finish it off with a clear semi-gloss coat."

Last edited:
I want to see it next to the HT Tumbler.

Can someone please bring their Tumbler with them to SDCC and do this.

Much appreciated :duff:

Re: HT Batman 1989 Coming

img1796j.jpg

My 7 year old niece is going to have so much fun using this with her Barbie dolls!!! Maybe I'll buy two and paint one pink!

I wish someone would stick the Joker, or another 1/6 right next to it. You can kind of get a sense of size from the video... but a picture would be nice.

Wonder if we will see Batman this show or not... I'm hoping he was held back for a end of the show debut :pray:

unled5mp.jpg

No,I ve got the whole measurement thing wrong have nt I?12"= 6ft so 19 feet would translate to 36 inches and 8 foot would be a little wider than a 12" figure so maybe...17/18 inches?
Sorry about that!

I guess that's one way to do it :lol

That image makes my brain hurt :monkey2

Look good enough to me and that's all that matters. I'm not gonna go lock myself in the closet, knees to chin, crying about the existential risk because the dash has an extra button or the wings are 2 degrees less curved than the actual prop. :huh

I still do this everytime I remember that I cancelled my Tumbler preorder :lol

:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost:

Luis

This is the perfect song for my good buddy NAM - no disrespect brother :wave:hi5: and for all who have no idea who they argue with

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTVpxxzb2Dc&feature=related"]‪Dennis Leary - As*hole‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

No,I ve got the whole measurement thing wrong have nt I?12"= 6ft so 19 feet would translate to 36 inches and 8 foot would be a little wider than a 12" figure so maybe...17/18 inches?
Sorry about that!

18 feet would translate into 36 inches at 1/6 scale. Then add one more foot for 19 feet and figure 1/6 of a foot, which is 2 inches, so it's 38 inches long. At 8 feet, to make it simple, first reduce it to 6 feet, 1/6 of which is a foot, and then take 1/6th of a foot twice, which is 2 inches and two inches. That's 1 foot four inches total, so it's 1 foot four inches wide, or 16 inches wide. That's how I did it in my head.

Last edited:
I think a lot of people get confused about the true colors of things due to studio lighting conditions. I remember when my step-brother was insisting that the Keaton Batman suits were actually gray, when that was actually just a result of the way black foam latex reflects light. I've seen the suits and Batmobiles in person multiple times, and the Keaton Batmobile definitely is not gunmetal; it looks closest to a black satin finish. There are a couple weird nuances though...

EDIT: From one of the Hot Wheels guys- "The blue and green metallics were mixed into the last few coats of semi-gloss black. We were able to duplicate this finish on the Hot Wheels Batmobile prototypes but it just looked weird in the daylight. Like someone else mentioned the black looked grey except in certain highlights. Mixing a green/blue pearl into a semi-gloss clear also will look incorrect. In the end WB only approved our semi-gloss black paint that ended up on the 1/18 scale diecast car. Although to get the black to look screen correct i would add a tiny amount of gunmetal pearl into the black to give it that slight metallic sheen. Finish it off with a clear semi-gloss coat."

There, you go, thanks for posting.
:hi5:

i'll admit, when i first saw it on the video, i immediately thought it was stubby.

but whether it stays that way or not... ____ IT!!! 1/6 BATMOBILE Y'ALLLLLLLL!!!!!

i'll have my retinas elongated if i have to.

OK Here is a quick crude comparison.

On the left is the HT version, screen cap from the video posted on youtube.

On the right is the screen used Batmobile which I took a picture of last month at the WB Studio Museum in Burbank.

Batmobile%252520Comparison.jpg

There's plenty of areas for improvement IMO which are clear even with this very crude comparison

____ this and the Tumbler.

I'm waiting for Hot Toys to release a V2 Tumbler and a V2 Batmobile. This time the V2 Tumbler will come with a hidden reveal Batpod and the V2 Batmobile's sides will pop off to reveal the Batmissile, just like in Batman Returns. $2,000 for both!

You suckers! :nana:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back