Hot Toys Tim Burton Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For all those complaining that it is too short, there may be another explanation other than the illusion from the canopy being open, or that HT flat-out shortened it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perspective_distortion_(photography)

Also bear in mind that this is a smaller model of a much larger thing, so all else being equal (photographing both of them with a similar lens-ed camera from a similarly close distance) the smaller model will ALWAYS look stockier than the larger one.

Don't believe me? I've got an easy mental exercise that can prove it. Consider a perfect cube, small enough to hold in your hand, let's say 2x2x2 inches. Imagine looking at it (or taking a picture of it) from about 3 feet away. You can pretty easily see that the side furthers from you is the same size at the side closest to you, and that that length is the same also. In fact, there is very little noticeable distortion for such a small object at this distance. Now imagine another perfect cube, the size of a house, lets say 40x40x40 feet. Imagine looking at it (or taking a picture of it with an identical camera and lense) from the exact distance-- 3 feet away. The far end of it will recede much more into perspective. The smaller cube will look much stockier, even though you KNOW they are both perfect cubes and therefore are both in perfect proportion to each other.

Now, I can see some inaccuracies with this car (some have been mentioned already). But even if it was a perfectly shrunk down model, it would appear stockier than the real thing in photos.

Good post and I agree that could explain the length issue as we see it right now. But guess we won't know for sure until we get the specs (with measurements) and detailed pics

So assuming you get it, who do you plan to put into the Batmobile? I think I'll have Amber riding in the passenger seat. I feel like her smile and the lolipop will make for a more believable joy ride kind of appearance. I doubt I'll have Batman in the vehicle because I want to fully enjoy his cape. Bruce Lee will probably be the one driving :D

Also I hate to say it, but 38 inches would be the accurate length and that just seems WAY TOO LONG. Where would you put this thing? Yeah it would be awesome to have it that big, but I took the tape measure and truly got a sense of just how large that is. It's the size of not one Iron Monger, but two Iron Monger, both laying on the ground.

So assuming you get it, who do you plan to put into the Batmobile? I think I'll have Amber riding in the passenger seat. I feel like her smile and the lolipop will make for a more believable joy ride kind of appearance. I doubt I'll have Batman in the vehicle because I want to fully enjoy his cape. Bruce Lee will probably be the one driving :D

Perhaps a TIE Fighter pilot.:)

I'll find somewhere to make it fit. Yeah, I know that's what she said.

Seriously, I didn't buy the tumbler because as much as I love the Dark Knight movie it wasn't something I cared for in my collection. This piece has a place in my heart. So the more accurate it is the better.

Re: Hot Toys Michael Keaton Batman (1989)

Those blueprints show a length of 21.16. Wikipedia says that the Batmobile is 260.7 inches. That is over 21 feet long, not 19 feet long as has been previously stated. That would make a 1/6 Batmobile 43.5 inches long, and not 38 inches long. Just shy of 3 feet 7 1/2 inches. 94.4 inches wide is the real one, so at 1/6th that is 1 foot 3 7/8ths inches.

You guys don't like big Batmobile or something ?

I hate small scale replica of something that's really awesome and iconic.

The bigger the Batmobile with great accuracy and detail is what I'm aiming for

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hstX6MwAc6s&feature=feedu"]‪Hot Toys Tim Burton Batmobile‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Pitu gets up close with it here... Look at the detail its crazy...

Holy ____ they let Pitu go in the back and TOUCH it? It's like he had a private viewing. No, it was a private viewing. Awesome! :rock2

I hope that shut up all the naysayers for a little while. I mean, with the new perspective that P!tu gave us it really shows just how bad ass and cool this thing is. Two figures will definitely fit in there, and man that dash board is VERY impressive.

Forget about accuracy for a bit and just picture owning this thing, with your Hot Toys Batman and Joker figures. Posing them by it, putting Batman in the seat, turning the steering wheel, moving it around, taking pictures of it. This thing is so ____ing cool. It has me pumped.

Last edited:
Holy ____ they let Pitu go in the back and TOUCH it? It's like he had a private viewing. No, it was a private viewing. Awesome! :rock2

I hope that shut up all the naysayers for a little while. I mean, with the new perspective that P!tu gave us it really shows just how bad ass and cool this thing is. Two figures will definitely fit in there, and man that dash board is VERY impressive.

:monkey1:monkey1:monkey1

:horror:horror:horror

Looks incredible

Sure Ht can correct some proportions and length by the time it goes into production.Maybe a 2nd Qtr 2012 release? Even if it's a 1st qtr release they might have time to change it. I can't believe they would shrink it to drop cost- cmon if you're charging $500-600 what's another $100 or whatever???

:monkey1:monkey1:monkey1

:horror:horror:horror

Looks incredible

It is, it is.

This might be the biggest collectible I've ever owned. I've seen video reviews of the Hot Toys Tumbler on a turntable, in the box where they rotate it and boy it it massive. I can't even fathom what this thing will be like boxed up.

Then the dash board. I just can't believe all the instruments they've physically sculpted. I expected more decals and simplified or simply left out details like the Tumbler, but nope, Hot Toys went above and beyond. I remember discussing this with Maulfan when a Hot Toys Batmobile was just a dream.

Here's hoping that this thing has replica pop up browning machine guns. I don't expect the grapple on the side like the ERTL AMT models had, but those machine guns would make this thing the complete package.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ic-Gxsd4eA0"]‪1989 Batmobile replica working machine guns‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Damn am I excited. This would make the ultimate Christmas or Birthday gift if it comes out around that time. Though, I think it would have to be a gift, from myself. :lol

Based on the table it was sitting on in the video it looks to be fairly close to scale. That table had to be at least 48" x 24" right?

Forget about accuracy for a bit and just picture owning this thing, with your Hot Toys Batman and Joker figures. Posing them by it, putting Batman in the seat, turning the steering wheel, moving it around, taking pictures of it. This thing is so ____ing cool. It has me pumped.

I wouldn't even try to touch that steering wheel :lol I would be too scared.

I would just stare :google and stare...... :google and there will be more staring :lol

This might be the biggest collectible I've ever owned.

Though, I think it would have to be a gift, from myself. :lol

This and the Tumbler together will just about taker-over my display room. Hostile takeover.

And it will most def have to be a gift, from myself :rotfl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back