Hot Toys Tim Burton Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't matte black. Does this look matte black to you?
You know what matte means right?

Oh, and to answer you're question... Yes I do. :D

Looks more satin to me.

In general the sheen scale is:

Flat - Matte - Satin - SemiGloss - Gloss and so on.

There's some light reflection from the Batmobile paint but not much. A lot of painters do use the term satin and matte as the same though.

There's some light reflection from the Batmobile paint but not much. A lot of painters do use the term satin and matte as the same though.

Interesting. I've always considered matte closer to flat. Satin, was always my go to verbiage for paint with a middle ground shine. Perhaps I've been wrong. I blame Lowes for it if so, and their interior laytext paint.

How big was the tumbler, length wise? Because i've just seen the blueprints for this baby, and for this to be true 1/6 scale it has to be approximately 3.53 feet or 1 meter for us europeans. That is huge! :horror

sideblueprint.jpg

Interesting. I've always considered matte closer to flat. Satin, was always my go to verbiage for paint with a middle ground shine. Perhaps I've been wrong. I blame Lowes for it if so, and their interior laytext paint.

:lol I actually think that scale varies by paint manufacturer too. Lowes has an "eggshell" sheen paint and I have no idea where that falls on the scale I use. :huh

Regardless, the paint used on the 1989 Batmobile was considered a pearl black and looked absolutely matte (or flat depending on who you ask :D) black on film.

I think the 1:18 hot Wheels captured the look perfectly and HT's does the same.

Look good enough to me and that's all that matters. I'm not gonna go lock myself in the closet, knees to chin, crying about the existential risk because the dash has an extra button or the wings are 2 degrees less curved than the actual prop. :huh

I still do this everytime I remember that I cancelled my Tumbler preorder :lol

How big was the tumbler, length wise? Because i've just seen the blueprints for this baby, and for this to be true 1/6 scale it has to be approximately 3.53 feet or 1 meter for us europeans. That is huge! :horror

sideblueprint.jpg

Look good enough to me and that's all that matters. I'm not gonna go lock myself in the closet, knees to chin, crying about the existential risk because the dash has an extra button or the wings are 2 degrees less curved than the actual prop. :huh

I have been a lifelong fan of the Batmobile and love my Mego one, even though it is obviously toyish. This looks like a neat Batmobile to own, if the price is right, but I get a lot pickier about how much I spend on something if it isn't exactly how I want it. If you spend a lot of money on something and it's exactly what you want, eventually you forget how much you paid, but if you spend money on something that isn't exactly what you want, you never forget how much you paid. It's just that I was expecting much more from Hot Toys, as in perfect screen accuracy.

If you could change just one thing on it, Blackthornone, what would it be?

For me, based just on the couple angles I've seen, I would lengthen it a bit. If I had to pick just one thing.

For me, based just on the couple angles I've seen, I would lengthen it a bit. If I had to pick just one thing.

I would lengthen it to the true 1/6 proportion. Don't get why they wouldn't make it properly scaled :dunno

That's mine as well as I think that's the primary concern from most.

I don't know about a bit though, maybe a bit and a half :lol

Edit: My wife got excited for a second there, she thought I was talking about something else :lol

Re: HT Batman 1989 Coming

img1796j.jpg

img1802px.jpg

img1806rg.jpg

img1821s.jpg

11072116218b9937e448565dfc.jpg

This thing is damn near perfect and i will own it but i don't think it would hurt to make it a inch longer in front as mentioned. I wonder if it will have pop up guns.

Matte and satin are the same? Thats BS. I am a painter.

"matte    
[mat]
adjective, noun, verb, mat·ted, mat·ting.
–adjective
having a dull or lusterless surface: matte paint; a matte complexion; a photograph with a matte finish"

Re: Hot Toys Michael Keaton Batman (1989)

Exactly. And making the turbine the same color as the wheels and piping wouldn't hurt either.

I think this car is on the spot! With canopy close, you can see it clearer the length is right. But even if HT sell this car in pink with red pokka dots, I still gonna get it!

I have been a lifelong fan of the Batmobile and love my Mego one, even though it is obviously toyish. This looks like a neat Batmobile to own, if the price is right, but I get a lot pickier about how much I spend on something if it isn't exactly how I want it. If you spend a lot of money on something and it's exactly what you want, eventually you forget how much you paid, but if you spend money on something that isn't exactly what you want, you never forget how much you paid. It's just that I was expecting much more from Hot Toys, as in perfect screen accuracy.

So who's forcing you to spend money on it? :dunno

Matte and satin are the same? Thats BS. I am a painter.

"matte    
[mat]
adjective, noun, verb, mat·ted, mat·ting.
–adjective
having a dull or lusterless surface: matte paint; a matte complexion; a photograph with a matte finish"

That's funny. You told me you were a director. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back