Hot Toys Tim Burton Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for pissing in our Cheerios. I think we can all see that it doesn't say anything about Blade Runner vehicles. :pfft:

oh i see what you might have inferred from my post now... you thought i was saying the article doesn't say HT has been granted license to do do BR vehicles, but what i was actually saying was the original translation suggests there have been several licenses granted to other companies to do vehicles, which implies HT might get the license to do figures, but the original response only says that one license was granted as a special case and that doesn't mean HT will get the license to do figures....

phew. take a breath... sorry for the confusion. and the yellow coloured cheerios.

oh i see what you might have inferred from my post now... you thought i was saying the article doesn't say HT has been granted license to do do BR vehicles, but what i was actually saying was the original translation suggests there have been several licenses granted to other companies to do vehicles, which implies HT might get the license to do figures, but the original response only says that one license was granted as a special case and that doesn't mean HT will get the license to do figures....

phew. take a breath... sorry for the confusion. and the yellow coloured cheerios.

It's all too confusing. :lol

Egads, all this talk of theoretical HT Spinners and Batmobiles have me in a tizzy.:panic:
I just bought the Japanese collector edition of Blade Runner with the 1/24(?) Spinner (my wallet is still smarting from that one); and I still have from years ago the 1/10 scale radio control Batmobile. It's 22" long, so a 1/6 car would be roughly 36". :monkey1

(sigh) 1/6 Batmobile :drool

Egads, all this talk of theoretical HT Spinners and Batmobiles have me in a tizzy.:panic:
I just bought the Japanese collector edition of Blade Runner with the 1/24(?) Spinner (my wallet is still smarting from that one); and I still have from years ago the 1/10 scale radio control Batmobile. It's 22" long, so a 1/6 car would be roughly 36". :monkey1

(sigh) 1/6 Batmobile :drool

according to wikipedia (i know i know) the 89 batmobile was 260.7inches long that 43inches roughly.
crumbs.........

I doubt that's a proper translation. Most likely they said something like of course it's something they'll consider. I've heard the Tumbler had a lot of issues so doing something like that again wouldn't be in the "of course" category.

I can see why HT had problems with releasing the Tumbler, because there are people out there who are just okay with the Tumbler, but with the Keaton Batmobile, it's like a definite favorite for 95% of batman fans.

I'm sure HT would make bank with this release for sure. I know I will buy 2

That I would buy. It's the best Batmobile design ever... And there have been some awesome Batmobile designs.

Conversely, the Tumbler is the worse Batmobile design ever.

That I would buy. It's the best Batmobile design ever... And there have been some awesome Batmobile designs.

Conversely, the Tumbler is the worse Batmobile design ever.

the tumbler is the worse batmobile but a fantastic "realistic" bat vehicle

i love it in the context of the movies but it would be crap in the comics

the tumbler is the worse batmobile but a fantastic "realistic" bat vehicle

i love it in the context of the movies but it would be crap in the comics

I beg to differ.Something remarkably similar worked well in "Batman: the cult."

Can anyone clarify how they lost money on the Tumbler? Did they have to break out a discount on remaining stock because it wasn't selling or was it underpriced from the start for them?

As for the Tumbler's design, it sums up everything about the new realistic aspect of the series: there's only so much you can do to make the concept believable. In the end it's "a man dressed up as a bat". Might as well have fun with it. The batmobile always reflected this while the Tumbler came off as a bit bland in comparison.

I'd expect the batmobile to sell no matter what the price point. Hopefully under $1000 (the decline of the dollar isn't helping).

Can anyone clarify how they lost money on the Tumbler? Did they have to break out a discount on remaining stock because it wasn't selling or was it underpriced from the start for them?

As for the Tumbler's design, it sums up everything about the new realistic aspect of the series: there's only so much you can do to make the concept believable. In the end it's "a man dressed up as a bat". Might as well have fun with it. The batmobile always reflected this while the Tumbler came off as a bit bland in comparison.

I'd expect the batmobile to sell no matter what the price point. Hopefully under $1000 (the decline of the dollar isn't helping).

They didn't lose money because they didn't sell. It was because it cost them more money to produce then they had expected.

They didn't lose money because they didn't sell. It was because it cost them more money to produce then they had expected.

Ah-ha. So instead of adjusting the price to make a profit, they took the hit. Ouch. I almost wish they hadn't if it means that they won't attempt the batmobile. I'm hoping they'll be able to put it behind them and dive into this one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back