Hot Toys Thor Goes T800 and Sleeveless (Finally)New Pic 7-14-11 pg8

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Thor Goes T800 and Sleeveless (Finally)

Thanks guys. Glad you all like it. I did get some suggestion that I think I'm going to try. I'll post more pic afterwords.

Thanks again.
AFM

Finally, a sleeveless Thor! :clap Arms look good bare. I'm waiting for my Thor, which should be here Weds. Have the T800 body all ready, but going with the chain mail look (shirt and legs). Did you use the longer foot pegs? I want to make him as tall as possible.

I did use the longer pegs, but couldn't get the ankle holder out of the original Thor body. I think they are glued in.

I don't think I could get the shirt and the armor on too. The T800 body is huge. Just a warning. I also think if you do get the shirt on it might hinder arm movement quite a bit. Again just a warning. I would love to see it once you get it together if you can.

Good luck & Thanks
AFM

I did use the longer pegs, but couldn't get the ankle holder out of the original Thor body. I think they are glued in.

I don't think I could get the shirt and the armor on too. The T800 body is huge. Just a warning. I also think if you do get the shirt on it might hinder arm movement quite a bit. Again just a warning. I would love to see it once you get it together if you can.

Good luck & Thanks
AFM

Oh, I'm not using that rubbery shirt that comes with Thor (hate the way it looks) I have a totally different looking chain mail shirt and leggings. I already have them on the T800. Pretty excited about how he's going to turn out. And seeing yours has me anticipating my Thor even more now.
And the whole calf should come out, not just the ankle holder. I know one did on my T800 body. I figure if you heat up Thor's knee area his should come apart too. At least that's what I'm going to try and do. Really want him to tower over the other Avengers. Can't wait to share.

Oh, I'm not using that rubbery shirt that comes with Thor (hate the way it looks) I have a totally different looking chain mail shirt and leggings. I already have them on the T800. Pretty excited about how he's going to turn out. And seeing yours has me anticipating my Thor even more now.
And the whole calf should come out, not just the ankle holder. I know one did on my T800 body. I figure if you heat up Thor's knee area his should come apart too. At least that's what I'm going to try and do. Really want him to tower over the other Avengers. Can't wait to share.

That will look so cool. Can't wait to see yours, brotther.
I have to admit I'm nervous to try and pull the lower leg out. Afraid I might break it. Then you would see grown man cry.

I'll be checking back to see yours.

Thanks

AFM

That will look so cool. Can't wait to see yours, brotther.
I have to admit I'm nervous to try and pull the lower leg out. Afraid I might break it. Then you would see grown man cry.

I'll be checking back to see yours.

Thanks

AFM

I pulled the lower leg out of my T800 by accident, that's how easy it was. Don't know about Thor's leg, but figure it's basically the same. Can't hurt to try, not going to take pliers or anything to it. Have to give it a try at least.

Looks much better. HT stock figure looks a bit small. I would replace the blue tights with some T800 leathers.

Quick question here, how did you do to make hte armour fit on that huge body.
I tried but the armour is way to small.

Quick question here, how did you do to make the armor fit on that huge body.
I tried but the armor is way to small.

I was able to re glue the bottom part (right under the belt )first. Then I was able to glue the whole top back up. This left a gap on the left side. (Because that was the side I puller apart) I cover the gap with black electrical tape then glued in down. For me, it was a one time shot. I do not want to try and pull it apart again. So I will not be able to change the pants color now. Something to think about before you put the armor back on. Good luck.

AFM

I was able to re glue the bottom part (right under the belt )first. Then I was able to glue the whole top back up. This left a gap on the left side. (Because that was the side I puller apart) I cover the gap with black electrical tape then glued in down. For me, it was a one time shot. I do not want to try and pull it apart again. So I will not be able to change the pants color now. Something to think about before you put the armor back on. Good luck.

AFM

Thanks I might try to dremel down the body becasue i know even if i don't see it that electrical tape will bother me :lol

AFM

So it could be pulled apart on both sides? May do that so there's a smaller gap on both sides. Have to see how that looks.

I said I was going to do it and I got my Thor today. After work I started the body swap. I know I'm probably in the minority, but I really like the way it came out. I could not get the pants on. I almost destroyed them trying to get them on. Anyways, please be kind and enjoy my body swap.

DSC01847.jpg

DSC01848.jpg

DSC01846.jpg

DSC01849.jpg

DSC01850.jpg

Thanks
AFM

Thanks
AFM

Looks awesome bro! Definitely wish Thor looked like that in the movie. Sucks about not being able to change the pants now.

Thanks I might try to dremel down the body becasue i know even if i don't see it that electrical tape will bother me :lol
:exactly:It looks GOOD not the style i would've went with but still an excellent THOR!CONGRATS!:wink1:

i like this look awesome stuff there

I gotta say, I actually like the pants. Just reminds me of the comics :ted

Back