Hot Toys Thor Goes T800 and Sleeveless (Finally)New Pic 7-14-11 pg8

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Thor Goes T800 and Sleeveless (Finally)

I pulled the lower leg out of my T800 by accident, that's how easy it was. Don't know about Thor's leg, but figure it's basically the same. Can't hurt to try, not going to take pliers or anything to it. Have to give it a try at least.

Hey buddy,
I took your advice and pulled the lower leg out and it snapped in my hand......Just kidding. It came out really easy and I learned something. The T800 lower leg is longer and bigger than the Thor original body leg. So it will make not sense to change it. The Thor original leg is also smaller in size. All you will need is the longer ankle pegs. I purchased a pair on ebay and they work great.
Anyway I thought you would like to know.

Good Luck
AFM

No. The only thing I'm thinking about is darkening the pants.

AFM

Dddooonnn'ttt dooooo iiiittttt! The light blue looks awesome! Any darker and it wont look like a Classic Thor Hommage. I'm in the minority...but stand behind my opinion as a fan of comic-book Thor.

You have inspired me to purchase one of those Famous Cover Thors so that I may steal his pants. (lol, that sounds weird when read out of context)

Last edited:

Dddooonnn'ttt dooooo iiiittttt! The light blue looks awesome! Any darker and it wont look like a Classic Thor Hommage. I'm in the minority...but stand behind my opinion as a fan of comic-book Thor.

You have inspired me to purchase one of those Famous Cover Thors so that I may steal his pants. (lol, that sounds weird when read out of context)

LOL! I just pulled his pants off to make them darker. Unfortunately I didn't have any dye. I'm so torn. I may just go a tad darker...

AFM

Hey buddy,
I took your advice and pulled the lower leg out and it snapped in my hand......Just kidding. It came out really easy and I learned something. The T800 lower leg is longer and bigger than the Thor original body leg. So it will make not sense to change it. The Thor original leg is also smaller in size. All you will need is the longer ankle pegs. I purchased a pair on ebay and they work great.
Anyway I thought you would like to know.

Good Luck
AFM

:horror You scared me :rotfl
Thanks, good to know. Now I don't have to bother switching the lower legs and I already have the longer foot pegs. Just wanted Thor as tall as possible.
Will you be making a new stop motion movie with your Thor? I have the first two of your DVD and their pretty cool.

:horror You scared me :rotfl
Thanks, good to know. Now I don't have to bother switching the lower legs and I already have the longer foot pegs. Just wanted Thor as tall as possible.
Will you be making a new stop motion movie with your Thor? I have the first two of your DVD and their pretty cool.

No Problem. As far as another movie...You know it brother. I have to use Thor, Cap, Iron Man, and many others. Working on the story as we speak. Glad you liked the two you have. Thanks for the support.

AFM

Nice! I wonder what it will look like with t800's leather pants

Good looking figure.
As this is for the Thor fig I will move the thread to the Marvel section as there are many more thor fans in there.
x :duff

Omg, that's it. That's freakin' it. I couldn't figure out until now what it was about the movie version that didn't jive with me. It was the sleeves. I'd love to see it with darker pants on though.

Omg, that's it. That's freakin' it. I couldn't figure out until now what it was about the movie version that didn't jive with me. It was the sleeves. I'd love to see it with darker pants on though.

I know, huh? Thanks. Darker pants are coming. Going to work on it some more this weekend.

AFM

Now that is an impressive Thor. Great job. I personally like the blue pants; it's a great mix of the movie/current look and the classic.
The armor looks great on the larger body. I think it looks a little big on the original, thinner body but that's just my opinion.
I really enjoyed Heroes Faith, especially the team dynamic you created by splitting the heroes up into smaller groups. Also your movies always have great custom figures of comic characters, loved that mixed Barbie/Cy girl Rogue. Hope to see more soon.

Now that is an impressive Thor. Great job. I personally like the blue pants; it's a great mix of the movie/current look and the classic.
The armor looks great on the larger body. I think it looks a little big on the original, thinner body but that's just my opinion.
I really enjoyed Heroes Faith, especially the team dynamic you created by splitting the heroes up into smaller groups. Also your movies always have great custom figures of comic characters, loved that mixed Barbie/Cy girl Rogue. Hope to see more soon.

Thank you brother. Very much appreciated. More is coming. More Heroes, More Villains, and just plain more....

Thanks for the support.

AFM

IMO everything rocks except.

Blue_pants_weekly.png

But great job :hi5:

How did you remove the 'metal armour' material? Im struggling to get my figure's right arm armour moved so i can view the elbow joint as the arm has fallen off :(

How did you remove the 'metal armour' material? Im struggling to get my figure's right arm armour moved so i can view the elbow joint as the arm has fallen off :(

I just pulled it off like a t-shirt over the head. Of course I removed the head first. Lift his arms up and gently pull off. A little on each side till it's off. The top is pretty stretchable.

Good Luck
AFM

I just pulled it off like a t-shirt over the head. Of course I removed the head first. Lift his arms up and gently pull off. A little on each side till it's off. The top is pretty stretchable.

Good Luck
AFM

does the chest armour block it?

so i remove the head (and neck too?)

does the chest armour block it?

so i remove the head (and neck too?)

I may have misunderstood you. I was talking about the shirt under the chest piece. Sorry. The chest armor is sealed in the back like this...

I hope this is what you were talking about.

AFM

Last edited:

I may have misunderstood you. I was talking about the shirt under the chest piece. Sorry. The chest armor is sealed in the back like this...

ThorArmor.jpg

I hope this is what you were talking about.

AFM

I am having the same issue so is there any way to remove the chest armor safely. I saw that someone removed the glue using heat. What is like puting it under a lamp or something.

Last edited:
Back