1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a GIF showing how stuffing the hips might improve this figure...

View attachment 145349

Reposting for feedback.

Not funny I guess, I do have a childish sense of humor:monkey3

It certainly looks better padded out, hips and neck for that matter, just a shame we have to do these things, if hot toys would have put some effort into the body for this figure in could have been in the running for FOTY. There's lots to like about this figure, nearly everything except the body and short shirt.

Agreed, although I find I have "work" to do on almost all figures -- Sideshow or Hot Toys -- except for maybe the DX line on average. DX13 needed no work, no work needed on Nicholson Jokers, but Bats needed a new cape, and Indy needed all sorts of work (in fact I dare say his box was useful for parts only). So I guess even DX is no guarantee of perfection.

Fortunately in this figures case for me, the neck mod is easy and I'm going closed-jacket so the shirt length isn't an issue for me. It's just those damn hips that need correcting.

Reposting for feedback.

Agreed, although I find I have "work" to do on almost all figures -- Sideshow or Hot Toys -- except for maybe the DX line on average. DX13 needed no work, no work needed on Nicholson Jokers, but Bats needed a new cape, and Indy needed all sorts of work (in fact I dare say his box was useful for parts only). So I guess even DX is no guarantee of perfection.

Fortunately in this figures case for me, the neck mod is easy and I'm going closed-jacket so the shirt length isn't an issue for me. It's just those damn hips that need correcting.

Yeah I'm pretty happy with this one overall, gave us 2 awesome looks, head sculpts, boots, outfit and accessories are all top notch.

Here's your gif again so more can see it:wink1:

attachment.php

DX13 needed no work

I've done some things. Replaced jackets with MMS117 ones, replaced boots, paperclips in collars and staples fixing lapels into more natural looking positions if need be, blood reduction on faces and endo-parts, bullet holes and clothes weathering. And just last night I weathered up a pair of DX10 pants and cut a smaller tear in the knee for one of my figures - more in line with how McFarlane and NECA depicted the BD knee, HT took a bit more artistic license in that area.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm pretty happy with this one overall, gave us 2 awesome looks, head sculpts, boots, outfit and accessories are all top notch.

Here's your gif again so more can see it:wink1:

attachment.php

No wonder he's always pissed - everything he eats goes straight to his hips.

Forget the haters, girlfriend! You're a Big, Beautiful Woman! :rock

Well, this is real nice.

I finally got around to opening this beauty up over the weekend. However, I noticed right away that a few of the eyelets on the jacket belt are missing. Does anyone here have experience in dealing with Alter Ego Comics and damaged items? Their website states “It can sometimes be a slow process.” Ugh. I’ve always ordered directly from Sideshow before and have always had a speedy response with these types of situations.

Well, this is real nice.

I finally got around to opening this beauty up over the weekend. However, I noticed right away that a few of the eyelets on the jacket belt are missing. Does anyone here have experience in dealing with Alter Ego Comics and damaged items? Their website states “It can sometimes be a slow process.” Ugh. I’ve always ordered directly from Sideshow before and have always had a speedy response with these types of situations.

if the eyelets you referring to are those tiny silver circle thing there should be a small bag with extra pegs that will include a few extra ones.just reglue it back on.Heard hot toys suck at keeping certain things glued on.

If Alter Ego has to work through Sideshow for a replacement (and I suspect this may be the case), then I could understand how it could be slow. But they may break down one or two Terminator figures on their own for assisting with replacements.

Hmm. Rorywan went that way but I'm not convinced slimming the thighs is a good idea. For a starter that creates an inconsistency with the rest of the T-800 figures. While I haven't specifically compared them in this regard I'm fairly certain they all have the same thighs. And I don't think that making any part of this body smaller than it already looks compared to that head is the right thing to do.

Hmm. Rorywan went that way but I'm not convinced slimming the thighs is a good idea. For a starter that creates an inconsistency with the rest of the T-800 figures. While I haven't specifically compared them in this regard I'm fairly certain they all have the same thighs. And I don't think that making any part of this body smaller than it already looks compared to that head is the right thing to do.

True, that noggin' of his doesn't help the situation. However, the thighs trying to burst out of the pants is the distraction to me, not so much the hips. I think it's more about the tailoring, really. Not just the pants, but the pants in relation to the short shirt, making the the overall high/thigh area look awkward.

I dunknow. Personally, I'm not compelled to do anything about the hips/legs either.

True, that noggin' of his doesn't help the situation. However, the thighs trying to burst out of the pants is the distraction to me, not so much the hips. I think it's more about the tailoring, really. Not just the pants, but the pants in relation to the short shirt, making the the overall high/thigh area look awkward.

I dunknow. Personally, I'm not compelled to do anything about the hips/legs either.

I'd say it is the tailoring of the clothes for sure. I mean we've had this body before and never thought it had thunder thighs and/or skinny waist. Tight pants in combination with shorter clothes on top have revealed the issue.

I'm going to try the padding out at the waist and under the trouser line - I hope the trousers aren't so tight that they don't allow this.

From many picts I have seen this guys has man boobs (I'm gonna pump you up style), sliming waist and thunder thighs. Is it that noticeable in hand?

I received my loose BD head from ebay ( decided to pass on this release but pick up the lone head). It is very nice but when put side to side with the DX13 heads the DX13 blow this one out of the water. Crazy how much personality the 13 heads have compared to the blank expression of the T1 BD. Wonder if the T1 would have benifited from PERS!

I disagree, this is a much better sculpt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

After taking another look at my BD T1 figure, the BD T2 is still the best Arnold/Terminator figure HT has done. It's a near perfect release.

Better luck next time, Hot Toys. Between this and Robo, I suddenly want something very bad to happen to you. :lol

View attachment 145377
I've grown to appreciate the shootout look more as I've had more time with him on the shelf (and a replacement jacket to work with that could be futzed correctly). Not perfect, but you rarely get perfect with Hot Toys.

After taking another look at my BD T1 figure, the BD T2 is still the best Arnold/Terminator figure HT has done. It's a near perfect release.
Or at least, the best Arnold/Protectobot HT has done!

Back