1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had to choose this or the battle damage 2 pack robo. I chose robo!

But will definitely get this bad boy once I have the funds! Oh yes!!

Looking at that picture and the movie, the figure seems fine to me. His neck could have been slightly bulkier I suppose. I am not familiar with body types, so did ht use a different one for this release than for Tech noir?

Looking at that picture and the movie, the figure seems fine to me. His neck could have been slightly bulkier I suppose. I am not familiar with body types, so did ht use a different one for this release than for Tech noir?

Yeah, they did. TN had a bulkier neck/chest as I understand it but single hinge joint in the elbow. I'm with you though as, aside from the thin neck, I like what I've seen of the figure. I will probably bulk up the neck a bit but nothing else I see is a deal breaker. I'm in NorCal so hopefully SST will get it to me by friday. In all fairness, the last Ahnold figure I bought was SST's T2 which I never even bothered to open it looked so bad so this one's a friggin masterpiece in my eye.

Yeah, they did. TN had a bulkier neck/chest as I understand it but single hinge joint in the elbow. I'm with you though as, aside from the thin neck, I like what I've seen of the figure. I will probably bulk up the neck a bit but nothing else I see is a deal breaker. I'm in NorCal so hopefully SST will get it to me by friday. In all fairness, the last Ahnold figure I bought was SST's T2 which I never even bothered to open it looked so bad so this one's a friggin masterpiece in my eye.

On note of neck, how do you bulk it up? Separate parts? :/

On note of neck, how do you bulk it up? Separate parts? :/

By stuffing some kind of spacer between the neck post and the outer neck be it cotton, tape or what have you. I think it was clipperking that suggested it with electricians tape then someone pointed out the adhesive starts to ooze over time so maybe cotton would work better. Just a spacer to widen the neck on both sides though.

The shortness and general smallness of the fig is a bit of a bugbear for me, I might try and put the sculpt on a new body, if I find one that's compatible with the head connector.

Ok here we go.
Remember that I'm using phone and iPad pics there is a slight distortion, head looks a tad bigger, neck smaller than it's actually is. Pics won't show up with the correct angle sorry for your neck guys ^^

Ok first test, the head is perfectly proportioned with mos body.
I had to remove the neck plug wich is too long and replace it by a custom one made out of 2 rubber parts from the necks of ttm standard bodies. It's smaller so it avoids the giraffe neck effect and since it's rubber no risk of break and no compatibility issues with the body/hs ball joints.
The mos rubber neck is harder than usual so if you wanna make bigger you gonna have to work for it.
But as it is it's really great.
image.jpg

Next jacket test, great fit.
The jacket is quite thin, you can even see the veins on the biceps.

image.jpg

image.jpg

With pants and gear, did not bother to try the bd shirt as it was already too small for the original body.
Will use the mms117 grey shirt or another one.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Tried platoon Barnes pants wich have the right color and a tighter fit.
image.jpg
image.jpg

I'm looking into swapping mos leg with the t800 ones who are bulkier and still as long.

The hs was made for a body of MOS size, Hot toys made a mistake.
Or they rather just rushed it, won't be surprised that they are planning a reissue.
Some dx with tech noir version.

Last edited:
I had to choose this or the battle damage 2 pack robo. I chose robo!

But will definitely get this bad boy once I have the funds! Oh yes!!

Are you paying up front for the Robocop set?

Can that inner neck plug be pulled out? Would that help?

Yeah but then you'd just be plopping the 238 head on top of the neck with nothing securing it in place....unless I'm misunderstanding you....

Looks really good, but the inability to use the shirt really hurts that option IMO. Regarding that, though, I'm not sure the shirt on this figure is too small. In the film, it was shortish:

YC3gG3P.jpg

Thanks for that Olbert. Neck definitely looks better on that. Shame about the holes in the chest.

Looks really good, but the inability to use the shirt really hurts that option IMO. Regarding that, though, I'm not sure the shirt on this figure is too small. In the film, it was shortish:

YC3gG3P.jpg

Yeah but look at the way it tucks in under his man boobs and has some folds below that too and yet still reaches down to the bottom of the jacket. The HT vest doesn't do that...it barely makes it past the waistline of the pants let alone to the bottom of the jacket...

Thanks for that Olbert. Neck definitely looks better on that. Shame about the holes in the chest.

Yeah but look at the way it tucks in under his man boobs and has some folds below that too and yet still reaches down to the bottom of the jacket. The HT vest doesn't do that...it barely makes it past the waistline of the pants let alone to the bottom of the jacket...

You re welcome :)
The holes in the chest are not an issue, just fill them with miliput or patafix.
Since im not planning on using the bd vest im not sure i even need to fill these.
I managed to swap the legs, now the MOS body has bulkier t800 legs.
Looks perfect to me, got my grail ps terminator :)

You re welcome :)
The holes in the chest are not an issue, just fill them with miliput or patafix.
Since im not planning on using the bd vest im not sure i even need to fill these.
I managed to swap the legs, now the MOS body has bulkier t800 legs.
Looks perfect to me, got my grail ps terminator :)

Im going to sound like a newb but.....whats the exact name of the "mos" body? I tried looking for it on ebay and nothing came up. Any info would greatly be appreciated.

Im in Cali as well, do you think will get it that soon:hi5: actually im only about 55 or so miles from them. Too bad they dont allow pick-ups.:(

Im going to sound like a newb but.....whats the exact name of the "mos" body? I tried looking for it on ebay and nothing came up. Any info would greatly be appreciated.

Sorry ^^
Its the Superman body from Man Of Steel M O S ;)

I have put on the grey saturday biker shirt i was using on my custom and it fits great.
Still un decided on normal or long feet pegs

Back