1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys-The Terminator-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) Collectible Figure

I'm scrolling past anyone nitpicking this thing in the slightest. This is a true Grail piece and will look fantastic on release. It's the goddamn POLICE STATION SHOOTOUT TERMINATOR PEOPLE.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Re: Hot Toys-The Terminator-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) Collectible Figure

[/B]

The Tech Noire costume is not memorable at all, but THIS version is so iconic, they gave the t800 the same look in the sequels for no real reason other than it became memorable and it's the character's trademark costume. It's like Beetlejuice's striped suit, he wore other costumes in the film, but it was the black and white suit that he wore for only 2 minutes and 45 seconds that became iconic and synonymous with the character.

Agreed, but it seems like SOOO many were saying the opposite back when the Tech Noire one was released. Maybe just my impression.

I just don't like the Tech Noire look at all. It really hasn't aged well, I guess. :)

That's what I thought, too, but I got spanked in the Marvel section for saying the same. :lol It was pointed out that Starboost, who's $270.00, doesn't have an NRD.

Well... I guess there's always an exception to every rule. Maybe they figure Starboots is such a worthless armor that having to pay an NRD would detract buyers :huh

I would buy a HT T3 Arnold. :)

I don't know you anymore :huh

Is this figure confirmed to have the arm damage or are you guys just speculating?

Tech Noir is totally memorable. That scene is ****ing amazing. get outta here.

It's confirmed in the specs.

This and the DX13 are my Quintessential Terminator figures. I dont know why, but I always loved how the T-800 looks when he is battle damaged. Such an amazing feat in makeup and prosthetics. Its nice to see such artistry celebrated in these figures.

Maybe one day we can get a T3 Battle Damage? haha

Oh wow thanks, I completely overlooked that :)

I pre-ordered this right away as soon as I saw it on SSC's website. Now my decision about whether or not to buy DX13 just got even harder. I much prefer the original Terminator film over T2, but DX13 is such an awesome looking figure.

This is the quickest I've ever pre-ordered a fig, I've been lucky in the past and managed to pick them up as they start shipping. Not taking the risk on this though, but the waiting game and probable delays are gonna kill me

Just POd my second from AE. $226 shipped saves me a few bucks.

I haven't been this excited for HT release in a long time. So it was basically a no brainer to pre-order this figure. But my question is: Do you think HT will add a non-damaged t-shirt? If my memory serves me correctly, he only damages his chest after the shoot-out at the police station. I most likely will display the figure representing that scene. I also read a comment that the pipe bomb located on the base of the stand might represent something more. That maybe we will see a KR being released in the future. But am I wrong to suggest if their intention was to release KR figure, they would have released it with this figure? Similar to the Scarecrow/Demon Bat, but as a DX? I will purchase anything T1 & T2 related that HT releases. I just figure it would be a smart move on HT end, simply due to the fact these figures were the first ever released, and could be released with a ton of accessories/additional outfits.

Re: Hot Toys-The Terminator-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version)

Sitting at work reading this thread and "You could be mine" by Guns and Roses came on the radio.

Wrong movie I know but was still a cool moment :rock2
Understandable. It is a pretty bad-*** song, and this figure is a bad-*** character from a bad-*** movie. Didn't really fit with T2 IMO. And of course, the "popular" music used for T1, while period-appropriate, didn't really fit that character very well IMO:

:lol

Nope, same exact thought I just had.
He doesn´t use it anymore after the crash.
Towel would´ve been more logic and first aid stuff, for AFTER the amr & eye surgery...
Movie poster, dammit!

The%2BTerminator%2B(1984)%2B0.jpg

I might sell my DX13 and just keep this guy, as I feel T1 is a massively better movie, and they are essentially the same figure. I know most people love T2 and consider it a classic, and it is a good film, but I think they took the whole, "Boy and his robot" thing a little too far making the terminator a "good" guy.
Word.

Agreed, but it seems like SOOO many were saying the opposite back when the Tech Noire one was released. Maybe just my impression.

I just don't like the Tech Noire look at all. It really hasn't aged well, I guess. :)
I don't think it was supposed to age well. It was obviously a time-specific look, but I think that's part of the appeal. Like Marty McFly, the guys from Easy Rider, various Western characters or futuristic characters, etc. I do think the police shootout look is more "iconic" in the sense that it was on the poster, and is from what is probably the most memorable line and scene from the film. But I personally like both about equally.

I haven't been this excited for HT release in a long time. So it was basically a no brainer to pre-order this figure. But my question is: Do you think HT will add a non-damaged t-shirt? If my memory serves me correctly, he only damages his chest after the shoot-out at the police station. I most likely will display the figure representing that scene. I also read a comment that the pipe bomb located on the base of the stand might represent something more. That maybe we will see a KR being released in the future. But am I wrong to suggest if their intention was to release KR figure, they would have released it with this figure? Similar to the Scarecrow/Demon Bat, but as a DX? I will purchase anything T1 & T2 related that HT releases. I just figure it would be a smart move on HT end, simply due to the fact these figures were the first ever released, and could be released with a ton of accessories/additional outfits.
I don't know that they will release a non-damaged shirt, though it's possible. But you could try just turning it around. His chest is damaged during that scene, but it is not damaged at the beginning when he says "I'll be back." The 2-pack thing is very unusual for HT, so it's not surprising that they didn't do that. A better move in my opinion would be a Reese with both modern and future outfits.

For me the shirt is such a non issue. You can easily get a non damaged shirt off eBay that looks similar or like others said just turn the shirt around on the body.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I don't know that they will release a non-damaged shirt, though it's possible. But you could try just turning it around. His chest is damaged during that scene, but it is not damaged at the beginning when he says "I'll be back." The 2-pack thing is very unusual for HT, so it's not surprising that they didn't do that. A better move in my opinion would be a Reese with both modern and future outfits.

Ok, I wasn't sure if it got as heavily damaged as it is on the figure. Thanks for clarifying. I know the two pack is unusual, especially for a DX. But I mean we did get Luke (Although it was a clean and battle damaged figure of the same character). I don't know, I guess I'm starting to expect too much from HT hahaha. But I'm with you on the modern and future outfits if KR is ever released. Another figure I would like to see released sooner than later.

Now we have this, they could do a Reese package with both outfits from the film - Tech Noir/Blue Coat with Pipe Bomb and BD Head
Minimal cost for them and they'd have a good chance of selling doubles

Is there going to be a poll of who is getting this? I'm curious to see how many people will and will not without reading through all the pages.

For me the shirt is such a non issue. You can easily get a non damaged shirt off eBay that looks similar or like others said just turn the shirt around on the body.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

It looks pretty similar to the one on the DX10, so it shouldn't be hard.

Not that I'd be looking for that fix.

I agree, but I mean we pay so much for a figure that we shouldn't have to purchase additional items to display if the figure represents specific scenes.

Re: Hot Toys-The Terminator-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version)

Understandable. It is a pretty bad-*** song, and this figure is a bad-*** character from a bad-*** movie. Didn't really fit with T2 IMO. And of course, the "popular" music used for T1, while period-appropriate, didn't really fit that character very well IMO:

Hey! Burning in the Third Degree was an awesome song, man! That scène when the Terminator breaks the guys hand without even looking at him is.... burned... in my memory. Funny thing is, that song was playing in the Tech noir club for like 20 minutes in movie :lol When Sarah goes to the club, the song was playing, and by the time the Terminator gets there, the song was STILL playing :lol

Back