1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the heads up, just bought this from PC for $186.

Congrats on the purchase, saw this figure in person at midtown comics and it's pretty stunning, not to mention everyone's awesome pics in this thread. I'm struggling to not buy stuff from PC, nothing I'm dying for ... but those deals! :lol

Congrats on the purchase, saw this figure in person at midtown comics and it's pretty stunning, not to mention everyone's awesome pics in this thread. I'm struggling to not buy stuff from PC, nothing I'm dying for ... but those deals! :lol

Thanks, man. :duff I've been a pretty vocal critic of the clean headsculpt but I've always wanted a Police Shootout T-800. I missed out on the NECA version. The PC sale was enough to sway me to finally make the purchase.

:lol :lol :lol yeah yeah.

To be fair, he is only buying it now - at a discount. Whereas I bought it full price as soon as it became available.

1430495368-terminator-genisys-trailer-it-s-gonna-get-complicated-354685-1429644622.gif

:lol

Ahhh when I saw the smile in the trailer for Genisys that first time

Even T3 knew better than to repeat that gag. (though it had the Elton John sunglasses bit to compensate)

Last edited:
To be fair, he is only buying it now - at a discount. Whereas I bought it full price as soon as it became available.
ha! now i see what you two mean :)
he still might grow to like it in hand, as it often happens.
as for me, getting it in hand just made me hate it even more. photos didn't give it justice. it's true ugliness and fail can be fully appreciated in-hand only. only commando headsculpt is worse to date.

The figure wasn't as good as it could have been overall - there was a lot of let-downs about it.

-yet another increase in head size creating inconsistency with previous figures and also messing up the proportions
-DX10 body probably still would have been too small for T1 anyway
-lack of alternative clothing options (clean vest and jacket/BD pants)
-Failure to observe all movie detail - right forearm should have been bandaged up, bandaged hand also would have been nice
-vest seems too short, could almost reveal T-800's navel in some poses. Jacket might be too small aswell (certainly if body had been correct size)
-lack of Eyeball-roll - would have been good for the ''Get out'' scene (being able to turn the eye might even have brought likeness that isn't there otherwise - turning the eyes improves the likeness on DX10 and DX13)
-oh and the AR-18 is too big

Last edited:
And yet the consensus seems to be that it's a great figure. To me, it's probably a notch, maybe two, but no higher than that above the Commando release.

Well sure, most people don't care about the list of problems I mentioned. A passable resemblance to a great character = Awesome figure to most people. There's no other way to put it really than their standards are lower.

My standards are lower when it comes to Marvel characters, DC characters and most everything else that Hot Toys makes but not Terminator. For Terminator I'm comparable to those Ledger Joker obsessives minus the willingness to spend thousands on single custom heads and outfits. Perhaps some of the same people who are perfectly happy with a stock MMS238 are unhappy with a stock Captain America or DX12 Batman and need to mod the **** out of them - simply because they are more fans of Captain America and Batman than they are Terminator. It can be very dependant on the hardcoreness of one's fandom.

Then there's another category of people who feel above criticising any figure on any level (I'm sure a name or two springs to mind)

However I think most people, across all categories, would admit that DX13 was a superior release and that Hot Toys dropped their game a bit on this one.

it's a great character and a long waited figure. somebody simply doesn't read the middle of the sentence.

Speak for yourself. Just go back a page. :lol

Well sure, most people don't care about the list of problems I mentioned. A passable resemblance to a great character = Awesome figure to most people. There's no other way to put it really than their standards are lower.

My standards are lower when it comes to Marvel characters, DC characters and most everything else that Hot Toys makes but not Terminator. For Terminator I'm comparable to those Ledger Joker obsessives minus the willingness to spend thousands on single custom heads and outfits. Perhaps some of the same people who are perfectly happy with a stock MMS238 are unhappy with a stock Captain America or DX12 Batman and need to mod the **** out of them - simply because they are more fans of Captain America and Batman than they are Terminator. It can be very dependant on the hardcoreness of one's fandom.

Then there's another category of people who feel above criticising any figure on any level (I'm sure a name or two springs to mind)

However I think most people, across all categories, would admit that DX13 was a superior release and that Hot Toys dropped their game a bit on this one.

I was referring specifically to most of the reviews I saw on YouTube...they were positively gushing. For starters, neither NECA nor HT got the bridge of the sunglasses nor the sunglasses themselves correct, IMO.

In addition to the size and the look of the clean headsculpt, I don't like the skinny neck and the smallish shoulders and chest, not to mention the narrow hips and thin thighs.

I only picked one up due to a huge discount. Plus, I doubt HT will ever do an improved 2.0 down the line. I figure with some mods here and there it'll look passable.

Speak for yourself. Just go back a page. :lol
by somebody i meant majority.
but a-dev explained what it is with people who just aren't into a character too much. for example, i don't even understand why all those comics characters are different figures. if they just made one iron man with detatchable armor, three different heads and three clothes sets, it would cover everything that has "marvel" or "DC" lable on it.
I only picked one up due to a huge discount. Plus, I doubt HT will ever do an improved 2.0 down the line. I figure with some mods here and there it'll look passable.
shoulders/neck mod really helps. best done by vodoun (right?). neckmod alone doesn't. futzing the close is extremely helpful, too. after many attempts you can make a nice statue and put it in a dark place. i started working on full bd version, and it begins to look nice.

Last edited:
I was referring specifically to most of the reviews I saw on YouTube

Youtube reviewers love everything (especially if it's a figure they just got) or even if they see a problem they immediately excuse it for one reason or another. I almost don't blame them either, youtube is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. I would disable comments if I did videos.

You're right though, this is the only Police Shootout T-800 we're going to get, our choice is to buy it such as it is or don't have one at all.

by somebody i meant majority.
but a-dev explained what it is with people who just aren't into a character too much. for example, i don't even understand why all those comics characters are different figures. if they just made one iron man with detatchable armor, three different heads and three clothes sets, it would cover everything that has "marvel" or "DC" lable on it.
shoulders/neck mod really helps. best done by vodoun (right?). neckmod alone doesn't. futzing the close is extremely helpful, too. after many attempts you can make a nice statue and put it in a dark place. i started working on full bd version, and it begins to look nice.

Thanks for clearing that up, I thought you were talking about me for a sec. :slap :lol

Youtube reviewers love everything (especially if it's a figure they just got) or even if they see a problem they immediately excuse it for one reason or another. I almost don't blame them either, youtube is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. I would disable comments if I did videos.

You're right though, this is the only Police Shootout T-800 we're going to get, our choice is to buy it such as it is or don't have one at all.

It's kinda sad that the DX13, with a face half-blown to hell, is the best Terminator HT has ever done. Maybe that has something to do with it? :ohbfrank:

DX10 looks alright from certain angles, I won't even touch MMS117. I used to think Tech Noir had a great likeness but to be honest, it could be a lot better.

474_t800.jpg

Though I wouldn't have minded if MMS238 was as lean and taut in the face.

It's kinda sad that the DX13, with a face half-blown to hell, is the best Terminator HT has ever done. Maybe that has something to do with it? :ohbfrank:

:exactly: The best one is the full BD DX13 sculpt. For whatever reason, when asked to sculpt Arnie's complete face it falls apart with Hot Toys. They mess the shape right up, same with the shape of his head generally.

DX10 looks alright from certain angles, I won't even touch MMS117. I used to think Tech Noir had a great likeness but to be honest, it could be a lot better.

474_t800.jpg

Though I wouldn't have minded if MMS238 was as lean and taut in the face.

MMS136 does a good job of capturing the character while having problems with the sculpt. It has the same squashed look as MMS117 and the hair is too boy-band. NECA nailed the Tech Noir hair (as they did the T2 style). At this point I'm convinced Hot Toys simply doesn't give a crap about sculpting accurate hairstyles, they don't think it's important to a likeness. They probably give the movie one look from one angle and then sculpt what they remember, just making the rest up as they go.

My ranking of the T-800 figures:

1) DX13/MMS136
2) DX10/MMS238
3) MMS117

:exactly: The best one is the full BD DX13 sculpt. For whatever reason, when asked to sculpt Arnie's complete face it falls apart with Hot Toys. They mess the shape right up, same with the shape of his head generally.
that's because EB didn't make a good full face sculpt yet, and HT had nothing to copy from :)

Back