1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It should indeed have been a DX. I don't think a moving eyeball would have harmed the likeness any if implemented as well as it was on DX13. Would have been nice for the 'Get Out' Full BD head. And maybe it'd have come with a clean jacket and vest and the bandaged arm & hand.

I agree. I would have paid DX13 money for that package.

By the by, you're just the man I wanted to talk to - do you currently have T1 decals? I noticed some pretty recent ones in your thread - ''Tech Noir'' T-800? Also I long ago enquired about eventually getting one for Cameron from Sarah Connor Chronicles...would that be possible?

Sure do! Made some from brushed aluminum for my T1 figures. Shoot me a pm!!

Sorry, but Evilface doesn't serve your kind here.

MK37dOz.jpg

:lol

They let me cancel my existing order for two of these, transferred my NRD on it to the new order, let me use the $20.00 coupon and get triple reward points on the difference.

Gonna see if tomorrow they'll let me cancel my existing bike/Scout set and let me re-order w/coupon. Let us know how your request goes, kara.
I got in touch with them, and they said that I could transfer the credit, or get a refund, but they would only allow it once. Since I was asking for a credit transfer to buy an in-stock item, I thought they might let me do that and retain the "one time NRD refund" option for later, but no. So, I'm thinking twice about it. I don't think I'll have another situation where I would need to ask for an NRD refund, but I like having that in my back pocket just in case. And I'm on the fence about WS Cap and think I could still essentially get that head for free re-selling the rest of that package, so it's not like I desperately need to cancel that pre-order.

I got in touch with them, and they said that I could transfer the credit, or get a refund, but they would only allow it once. Since I was asking for a credit transfer to buy an in-stock item, I thought they might let me do that and retain the "one time NRD refund" option for later, but no. So, I'm thinking twice about it. I don't think I'll have another situation where I would need to ask for an NRD refund, but I like having that in my back pocket just in case. And I'm on the fence about WS Cap and think I could still essentially get that head for free re-selling the rest of that package, so it's not like I desperately need to cancel that pre-order.

Don't waste that one-time offer, kara! I already blew mine on my RoboCop single to Robo with chair upgrade. Kinda cheap, TBH.

It's really quite bad as on your average purchase we are coughing up an extra £40 on average....that goes to no one but our beloved governments.

Loontenttoys is my main man. At this stage now the most economical and you are still getting your figures pretty soon after release.

The problem with buying from sideshow as a European collector is you think your getting a great deal when you look at the base price of a figure say for example the Robocop and murphy figures which is selling at $439 on sideshows site. When you look at that and compare it to loontentoys price of $519 you think its all good ordering from sideshow but by the time you factor in shipping at around $60 - 70 and customs on top of that your probably coming out at around $550 - 570 which is more expensive then loonten.

Ordered mine when SS was offering triple reward point on him. :smuggggggG

On a different note, I'm still not sure why HT didn't DX this figure. The "i'll be back" police shootout Terminator is the very definition of Iconic Character. Should have included a clean shirt and jacket.

It should indeed have been a DX. I don't think a moving eyeball would have harmed the likeness any if implemented as well as it was on DX13. Would have been nice for the 'Get Out' Full BD head. And maybe it'd have come with a clean jacket and vest and the bandaged arm & hand.

By the by, you're just the man I wanted to talk to - do you currently have T1 decals? I noticed some pretty recent ones in your thread - ''Tech Noir'' T-800? Also I long ago enquired about eventually getting one for Cameron from Sarah Connor Chronicles...would that be possible?

It didn't need to be a DX to warrant an extra grey shirt (clean), some damaged clothes and a gauze wrapped forearm/hand. The original MMS 117, MMS 136 and the T-1000 had these types of extras be it an extra shirt and/or clothes and weren't DX figures. This was just a case of Hot Toys being lazy and not going all the way when it would have been extremely simple for them to do so.

I just received my extra body/clothes/boots from Toy Anxiety. I haven't opened up my Alterego box yet so I'll be having a big T1 MMS 238 day tomorrow. Now I can put together both looks without having to wait.

Last edited:
I did. Might aswell repost some rather than looking for my original post.

Now this has some alterations and futzing going on. Among the changes I swapped out the muscle chest for that of an MMS117. So the base body is still the MMS238 but the soft muscle sheath of the upper torso is from an MMS117. And there's a big paperclip inside the jacket going all the way down into the lapels.

Fantastic Job on the pictures:rock

Nice, Rambler.

It didn't need to be a DX to warrant an extra grey shirt (clean), some damaged clothes and a gauze wrapped forearm/hand. The original MMS 117, MMS 136 and the T-1000 had these types of extras be it an extra shirt and/or clothes and weren't DX figures. This was just a case of Hot Toys being lazy and not going all the way when it would have been extremely simple for them to do so.

I just received my extra body/clothes/boots from Toy Anxiety. I haven't opened up my Alterego box yet so I'll be having a big T1 MMS 238 day tomorrow. Now I can put together both looks without having to wait.

True enough but the rolling eye in both sculpts would have made it DX. As it stands with the plain sculpted eyes that many people prefer....they don't seem dead-on. I dunno if it's just the effect of missing eyebrows or if they were going for a Stan Winston puppet blend or what but I actually think the ability to turn the eye could have helped the likeness in a similar way as DX10 and 13 both look more like Arnie when the eyes are looking left or right. Particular uses for turning eye being the '**** you *******' and 'Get out' scenes.

Fantastic Job on the pictures:rock

Thanks

It's 255$ shipped from lootentoys outside ebay.
Timcent kinda dissapointed me lately with its prices.
The robocop and mms238 are released now and he is still offering only premium prices.

Is there a site or do you contact via Ebay?

I got mine from Loontentoys, but since then the price has gone up $40 via Ebay.

Picked up mine last night. I think he looks great but once setup I will see if I feel the need for some of the mods or not. I am impressed with the figure though overall and I will do a vid showing him side by side with my custom Police Shoot Arnie I acquired a while back. I don't have a problem with the sculpts looking different then the BD sculpt that came with the Tech Noir figure. That is a 4 year old figure at this point and I don't expect HT to just reuse that sculpt. Some people don't like that but if HT had used the same sculpt then you would have haters saying that HT is lazy and ripping people off rehashing old parts. So either way HT can't win. :lol

The new sculpts are fantastic, only let down is the skinny neck look due to the bigger heads and the short T-shirt, that aside its a killer figure.

The new sculpts are fantastic, only let down is the skinny neck look due to the bigger heads and the short T-shirt, that aside its a killer figure.

Agreed. I know every figure has it's faults and this one is no different. I'm just saying that it doesn't bother me that the sculpts are newer and don't match the BD one from the Tech Noir figure.

Agreed. I know every figure has it's faults and this one is no different. I'm just saying that it doesn't bother me that the sculpts are newer and don't match the BD one from the Tech Noir figure.

Truth for sure, I'm happy with the new heads, I think they really are outstanding, full BD is my favorite of the 2, just would have preferred them not to be on a timer, makes picture taking a task.

I get charged for my first one Monday, can't wait. Although sucks you need to fill the neck. Would folded paper work? Or plastic wrap?

Back