1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think one thing a-dev's pics do is give you a better impression of how this figure might look in a typical lighting situation. The OMG and Jingobell stuff give you idealized lighting, others will often use a flash, but the heavy use of shadows here is how it will probably look on my shelf.

I don't use any specialized lighting, just a good dust free cabinet in a low lit room.

Space is my biggest challenge, not the ideal photoshoot conditions. :lol

That is why I like CK reviews, his lighting casts shadows and looks very similar to mine. Also, he poses his figures awesome and is generally entertaining to listen to. A guy like Sean Long for example uses horrible lighting that washes out all detail making the figures look toyish. He also can't pose for ****. It's a shame he gets the most views out of anybody as he is the worst reviewer on the tube. He is like the Nickleback of toy reviewers.

Oh yeah, great pics DEV

Received this and T1000 from Budget Stark today, very happy!

IMG_8549.JPG
Quick and dirty phone pic, not final poses. May have to get a second body for T1000

A-dev, I think you may have sold a few more for HT with those pics. The figure looks absolutely amazing there and I'm starting to doubt the Tech Noir sculpts now.

:lol Dude, I play this game all the time with movies, trying to make up how it could be an elaborate scheme for the main character to get in the girl's pants and see how far the scheme can be taken. The one rule is that it must work with all the scenes form the girl's perspective. Taking Terminator for example, Kyle and Arnold's plot carries on basically until the tanker truck scene since then it is undoubtedly revealed to her that Arnold is indeed a cyborg. Moments like the surgery scene don't count because Sarah didn't witness it.

So basically in my mind, Arnold, the police, and the Tech Noir patrons are paid actors by the eccentric billionaire virgin Kyle Reese who really doesn't know how to sweet talk women but doesn't want to hire a prostitute because that would be 'cheating'. Works until the last battle.

:lol :rotfl "Eccentric billionaire virgin Kyle Reese" :lol Well, if he's a billionaire, maybe he spent 200 million making a functional robot and at the end of the "battle" the Austrian actor and Kyle faked their deaths (so they can do it again), and the cops and the ambulance at the end are also paid actors. Oh...and he secretly owns the building/company where the "final battle" took place. Is that too much? I remember there was a wire pulling the truck...clearly it was part of an elaborete scheme :lol

Wow, many thanks to everyone for all that praise. Couldn't have asked for a better response for pics that I almost wasn't even gonna take last night- pretty much had to rearrange major parts of my collection to get the diorama into a position where I could operate the blue light and take pics with a reasonably steady hand. It was late and I was tired by the time I finished doing that alone.

Oh and who the **** is this Budget Stark who I'm suddenly hearing about from everyone since this figure came out and yet its not a name I'd ever seen before....everyone's mentioning him so matter-of-factly, like as though he's always been around..

:lol :rotfl "Eccentric billionaire virgin Kyle Reese" :lol Well, if he's a billionaire, maybe he spent 200 million making a functional robot and at the end of the "battle" the Austrian actor and Kyle faked their deaths (so they can do it again), and the cops and the ambulance at the end are also paid actors. Oh...and he secretly owns the building/company where the "final battle" took place. Is that too much? I remember there was a wire pulling the truck...clearly it was part of an elaborete scheme :lol

You just blew my mind. :lol

Thrustmaster saving my pics? High praise, thanks. That first pic you quoted makes him look suitably bulky, just the angle though, I haven't done anything to him. The second pic I have a torch with a yellow light shining into the elevator to simulate fire.

Oh and who the **** is this Budget Stark who I'm suddenly hearing about from everyone since this figure came out and yet its not a name I'd ever seen before....everyone's mentioning him so matter-of-factly, like as though he's always been around..
He's your next option when Tony's not available. :family

No I haven't done anything to him yet. In fact one side of the jacket lapels/collar is popped (accidentally) while the other side isn't. I do have a half-@$$ed paperclip around the collar, visible in the rear shot I think, but so far I haven't made a serious effort to futz the jacket. I'm hoping it can look better than it does in my pics but I don't want to do anything with it till I do the neck mod and bulking up of the body.

Not sure if we've seen anyone do the neck mod + paperclip in the collar trick at the same time yet. Could be two great tastes that taste great together!

See the paperclip in the collar is a bit complicated on this one considering the collar is supposed to be up. It means unless you actually poke a hole in the jacket and feed the clip through the paperclip is going to be visible. For T2 jackets the clip is invisible because the collar stays down.

Furthermore with this jacket being so thin it's very easy to poke more holes in it than you actually want with the pointy end of the paperclip.

It's definitely going to be trickier to get right.

Back