1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep ,had it along with a great T1 Reese Custom (post Police Station). And I would add a DIECAST ENDO. I hope the pipe bomb on this base was a precursor... we'll see

Yeah I too am clinging to that detail on the base, if they include a pipe bomb then they got to make a Reese. Right. :dunno

The colors may be wrong, but as long as the colors are consistent with the MMS 136 Tech Noir for the sake of continuity with my collection display, I don't care.

Yeah same, the pants really don't bother me too much.

Ah, but you will. When you watch the movie and see how wrong they are. You guys are pretty die-hard for correctness elsewhere, why not here?

I definitely think dyeing is the only alternative. A quick dip in gray or even drab olive will tone down the warmth and give the pants the machine-like, devoid-of-color color they should be.

If you use a gray dye on khaki, I don't think we'll be getting increased screen accuracy (that's what I did with my Ghostbusters jump suits), but it would look more "dark and gritty," which of course works for this character on some levels.

I did a quick dip of the pants in gray dye and it turned out quite nice. I bought a few extra pair when the Tech Noir came out just to give it a shot. Didn't want to mess up the ones that came with the figure. I plan on doing the same thing again. Come to think of it, you can see them on the figure in my signature.

If you use a gray dye on khaki, I don't think we'll be getting increased screen accuracy (that's what I did with my Ghostbusters jump suits), but it would look more "dark and gritty," which of course works for this character on some levels.

All I see is those Mom jeans. :lol

I did a quick dip of the pants in gray dye and it turned out quite nice. I bought a few extra pair when the Tech Noir came out just to give it a shot. Didn't want to mess up the ones that came with the figure. I plan on doing the same thing again. Come to think of it, you can see them on the figure in my signature.

Gray is fine, just to cool the warm tone down a bit. (BTW, Ghostbusters Mattel uniforms would need more blue than gray dye to change that heavy tan color).

I'm an expert dyer. Yeah. Expert dyer.

8068-15562.gif

Ah, but you will. When you watch the movie and see how wrong they are. You guys are pretty die-hard for correctness elsewhere, why not here?

I definitely think dyeing is the only alternative. A quick dip in gray or even drab olive will tone down the warmth and give the pants the machine-like, devoid-of-color color they should be.

If it's not the pants, it'll be something else.

I knew MMS 136's pants were wrong as soon as I bought them. I thought Hot Toys was dumb for missing that, but I was too overjoyed with the fact that we were finally getting a 1984 Terminator. Same with the design on the shirt, it's wrong too. Once I had it in hand though, I didn't care. All I'm saying is, I hope the pants match the Tech Noir, just for the sake of consistency. I ain't dipping my pants in anything, I never mod what can't be reversed. I guess I could purchase multiple pants granted this release is accurate, but I'd rather not have to buy three more articles of clothing for my Tech Noirs to "update" them. There will always be something. None of the figures I own are perfect. My Terminator's have weird noggins, my Reeve Superman's emblem is wrong, Keaton Batman's suit isn't right, Nicholson Joker has the wrong pattern on his pants, my West Batman snags like a *****, T-1000 has big ole hands, Spider-Man has no chin, etc. It's whatever.

Last edited:
None of the figures I own are perfect. My Terminator's have weird noggins, my Reeve Superman's emblem is wrong, Keaton Batman's suit isn't right, Nicholson Joker has the wrong pattern on his pants, my West Batman snags like a *****, T-1000 has big ole hands. It's whatever.
Those are easy fixes, though.

-only own/display the MMS-136 which has no head problems
-futz Superman suit
-throw '89 Batman figures in the trash
-buy Tony Mei's '66 Batsuit
-give T-100 Marty McFly's hands

I thought about it, but couldn't give in. $310 total with a figure I gotta put a leotard on vs. $210 total for a figure I barely handle, if ever and just admire. I'm going with the latter.

Anyway, it's similar to Han Solo's Hoth jacket or Keaton Batman's belt. I guess I just don't care whether or not they're blue, yellow, brown or gold, as long as they're not pink or magenta.

I would probably balk at a Solo with a yellow vest, but that's just me.

I also don't have a real issue with the khaki pants here, though of course screen accurate is better if possible.

Hmm.. funny that, isn't it.

It's a shade variation - it ain't some jarring colour difference, it's serviceable (the very epitome of sacrilege in type to some here no doubt :lol).

I think Difabio said it adequately enough.. but yeah. It's nowhere near as bad as SSC's approximation 1/6 SW figures. :monkey4

You are harsh on SSC man, sometimes dare I say too much! :lol Figures like Nathan Drake with his googly eyes or the like I can see but you really seem to spite them! If sideshow were a person and they saw what you state, they'd kill themselves, surely.

Also if they did something like this on a Star Wars character, I could see you ripping them to shreds, ammirite?

Last edited:
Back