Hot Toys The Spirit Silken floss spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really wanna see in hand pics and probably buy it, if I do... anybody need the costume?

Re: Hot Toys The Spiret Silken floss spec and hi-res pics

I like Frank Miller's costume for The Spirit. The comic Spirit was too....lame and boring for me....but that may just be me

You sir are just wrong! The blue was used to bring hope to otherwise dreary stories, to show that no matter what hope was always there and that there was always a better option. Having read a good deal of Eisner's and Cooke's stuff with the Spirit I've come to realize that the blue suit with fluttering red tie is perhaps one of the most simplistic yet visually stunning costume designs I've ever seen.

On top of that I'm very close to completing a comic based version, custom clothes from this nice lady https://www.ajclothiers.com/, I've used the first run Joker's shoes and socks, and the Hot Toys Spirit figures hands (repainted to match the suit) and hand cuffs, I'm just waiting for Venakin to finish repainting a headsculpt for me: Hot Toys TDK Version Bruce Wayne, and to pick up a fedora from H2 creative and paint it. I'll post all of the images and such before revealing the figure very soon.

But again sir, no offense, but IMO you are very, very wrong.

You sir are just wrong! The blue was used to bring hope to otherwise dreary stories, to show that no matter what hope was always there and that there was always a better option. Having read a good deal of Eisner's and Cooke's stuff with the Spirit I've come to realize that the blue suit with fluttering red tie is perhaps one of the most simplistic yet visually stunning costume designs I've ever seen.

How very touching :monkey2

........NOT :rolleyes:

Anybody know of a good place to order her now? I couldn't find her in any online stores and I rather not buy from e-bay and pay $35 shipping.

How very touching :monkey2

........NOT :rolleyes:

I have to admit I'm a bit of a lurker here and don't feel the need to post too often, but I gotta say EdwardNygma, a lot of your posts make you come off like a real jackass. Sorry if that's a bit blunt.

And to doctor_joker, I've been a big fan of the simple blue suit and red tie myself. What you said about what the colors represents really gives me an awesome new perspective on it.

I have to admit I'm a bit of a lurker here and don't feel the need to post too often, but I gotta say EdwardNygma, a lot of your posts make you come off like a real jackass. Sorry if that's a bit blunt.

Not blunt when you hit the nail on the head perfectly.

And to doctor_joker, I've been a big fan of the simple blue suit and red tie myself. What you said about what the colors represents really gives me an awesome new perspective on it.

I respect your opinion :rotfl

I really admire people that are going to buy these Spirit figures.
They should at least be good conversational pieces.
"What's that figure from?"
"It's from the movie the Spirit"
"Oh, I've never heard of it. Is it any good?"
"No, it's awful"

I really admire people that are going to buy these Spirit figures.
They should at least be good conversational pieces.
"What's that figure from?"
"It's from the movie the Spirit"
"Oh, I've never heard of it. Is it any good?"
"No, it's awful"

Sad but true... and I'll have them all!

@ Wanderer: lol i guess so :lol

I really am pondering on whether to get The Spirit or not, the paint on the head, is not as good as I thought it would be, but I love the outfit and accessories so...........ugh i hate making decisions...

@ Wanderer: lol i guess so :lol

I really am pondering on whether to get The Spirit or not, the paint on the head, is not as good as I thought it would be, but I love the outfit and accessories so...........ugh i hate making decisions...

i also had that dilemma about the suit..but decided against it. there was just too much other stuff coming out to justify it.

She was on display at the Tokyo Toy Show... doesn't really look HT quality. Hoping it's just bad pics. :(
ht20.jpg

ht21.jpg

Credit to the name on the photos.

Figure looks ok. Still need to see the movie. Not really something I want to get.

Really?
I think it looks amazing!!
Can't wait for this one!!!

I think Eddie Wong's pictures spoiled me with how good they were, too bad he didn't take any of Silken :(

The best pics of her yet though are def from the Toy Hunters display. She looks amazing in those!

Back