Hot Toys The Spirit Silken floss spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I heard this movie sucked, so my expectations were low, but once you understand that this movie isn't taking itself seriously, it's not too bad. Still visually interesting, but not a modern classic. It was worth it to see Samuel in a Nazi outfit though. Only he, being black, would try that and could pull it off.

Just snatched some Floss hands off of eBay. Damn, even parted out stuff is going too high on eBay these days. Oh well. It's gotta be done to get the best of the best stuff, right? Thankfully that's all I wanted off this figure. Geez, the head alone is listed for over $70. You get the whole damn figure for less than twice that. EvilBay

Ugh, I might as well buy the complete figure and sell off the parts I don't want.

From eBay ->

75976499.jpg

72723260.jpg

54703130.jpg

I still have it on pre-order. I already got the Spirit and Octopus so I might as well complete the set :)

I think it looks quite nice. The eyes bring it to life, and the rooted hair looks better than I had originally anticipated.

It does look too close to Takara's Cool Girls line in terms of realism though.

Like I said, overall it's a great head. But I have no idea how HT managed to have an epic fail when it came to that neck seam.

Yeah, I'm trying to come up with an excuse for that seam that would be plausible and reasonable...but I can't. It's quite ugly and makes HT seem a bit lazy.

I don't understand why they didn't do a different costume from the film.

I'm thinking of re-dressing her into this outfit:
spiritd.jpg

Not that I'm gung ho on having a Silken Floss doll (I couldn't even watch the first 15 minutes of the film) But I just want a Scarlett doll :lol

I'm not sure if I would just want a Scarlett doll as herself though, she needs to be in some sort of character. Any suggestions?

I was thinking about putting her into a Black Canary barbie outfit - so it's pretty much the same thing :lol

Best Hot Toys female head sculpt yet... agree?

sssss.jpg

ssssssssssssssss.jpg

Photos courtesy of Toy-World forum

:lol No, I did not actually!! Waiting to see any decent repaints, then I may try and grab the head for a Scarlett custom, or wait on a Black Widow.

Loving your sig by the way.

Waiting to see any decent repaints, then I may try and grab the head for a Scarlett custom, or wait on a Black Widow.

You have more willpower than me, and your probably a way bigger Scarjo fan too. :lol

I think the sculpt and factory paint are dead on Scarjo. She has my pick for prettiest doll/figure ever. :lol

Back