Hot Toys The Last Jedi Luke Skywalker 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Makes you have respect for Count Dooku, at least he had style and kept himself clean!! Whats the payoff on being a Jedi (good), when you look like crap!! Atleast the Sith looked presentable!!

Well he lives in a remote island alone and probably didn't have the proper grooming set, soap, clothes and shoes. Didn't have a proper bathroom, clean sheets and pillows. Count Dooku turned to the sith side which I guess provided their recruits with grooming kits, a nice apartment with complete toiletries, a beautiful wardrobe, many pairs of shoes, boots (a few sneakers maybe).

:lol:lol:lol

Luke's outfit in TLJ seems to go through phases.

We start with the TFA outfit, but then the trailer shows this which seems like a step before the pics above, like he slowly transitions from a traditional Jedi look to his nomad look.

View attachment 377120

View attachment 377121

It's crazy though, his costume looks to have so many layers you'd think Ach-to was cold, yet Rey's in highwaters and cut sleeves or even no sleeves at all.

I think you're just seeing the strap from his bag.

5ae3fd4c03eda7c801e8404dc2dcbdbf.jpg

The books/paper is interesting. I don't recall ever seeing books or even paper (or a pen/writing for that matter) in the classic trilogy, even in Ben's or Yoda's huts, where I guess you'd most expect to see them. Can anyone think of an example of books, paper, pens or writing in SW, ESB and ROTJ?

I always thought books/paper was a bit like buttons and zippers on clothing and wheels on vehicles - you just never saw them in classic trilogy Star Wars and it was one of conscious things they decided separated the SW world from our own.

The books/paper is interesting. I don't recall ever seeing books or even paper (or a pen/writing for that matter) in the classic trilogy, even in Ben's or Yoda's huts, where I guess you'd most expect to see them. Can anyone think of an example of books, paper, pens or writing in SW, ESB and ROTJ?

I always thought books/paper was a bit like buttons and zippers on clothing and wheels on vehicles - you just never saw them in classic trilogy Star Wars and it was one of conscious things they decided separated the SW world from our own.

Lol wut. There's tons of buttons and zippers on clothing in the OT. Bespin Gear and the flight suits to name a couple.

Lol wut. There's tons of buttons and zippers on clothing in the OT. Bespin Gear and the flight suits to name a couple.

Tons? :rotfl

Picture Luke's farmboy outfit... Luke's Jedi outfit... Luke's, Leia's or Han's Hoth outfits... Vader's outfit... Rebel Fleet Trooper's uniform... Fett's outfit... Imperial officer's uniform... Greedo's outfit... Han's smuggler outfit... Ben's Jedi robes... Snowtrooper's outfit... can you recall a SINGLE sewn button on any of them?

That's because there are very, very few sewn buttons, zippers and wheels in the classic trilogy (even if minor glimpses do occur or it "makes sense" they'd be there - e.g. the Sandcrawler must have a wheel/cog to run its tracks) Not none, but almost none.

Even where they "should" be there - and prominent/up-front - like on shirts or jackets. From a costume design standpoint, it's all hidden velcro, hooks and looped enclosures if visible (even if there are hidden "practical" buttons) so it's clearly a conscious decision.

And there are no visible sewn buttons on the flight suits (there's a briefly-glimpsed hidden/practical zipper on the inner flightsuit and metal studs on the wrists that are hidden by gloves most of the time) and there are no visible sewn buttons on Leia's, Han's or Luke's Bespin gear, so not sure what you mean.

And the actual subject of my post was... BOOKS and WRITING/PAPER in the classic trilogy.

Wut? :rotfl

"Tons"? What I mean is that there are few if any visible buttons used as clothing closures in the classic trilogy - like button-down shirts or buttoned jackets where they are prominent. From a costume design standpoint, it's all velcro, hooks and looped enclosures (even if there are hidden "practical" buttons) so it's a conscious decision.

There are no visible buttons on the flight suits (there's a briefly-glimpsed hidden zipper on the inner flightsuit and studs/rivets on the belts) and there are no visible buttons on Leia's, Han's or Luke's Bespin - or Hoth - gear, so not sure what you mean.

And the actual subject of my post was... BOOKS and WRITING/PAPER in the classic trilogy.

I stand corrected about the Bespin gear o_O Could've sworn it had buttons of some sort! My bad. Though, he definitely zips up his flight suit (21:35) in ESB. But anyway, yeh I think it's the first time there's actually been paper paper in the movies.

I stand corrected about the Bespin gear o_O Could've sworn it had buttons of some sort! My bad. Though, he definitely zips up his flight suit (21:35) in ESB. But anyway, yeh I think it's the first time there's actually been paper paper in the movies.

Sorry, I've rewrote my post to clarify what I meant. I think they deliberately avoided buttons etc. to make it seem more "a long time ago..." and separated it from our world.

The paper thing in TLJ is a little weird given that you never see anyone ever write anything or use paper at all in the classic trilogy. Maybe it's meant to be some kind of "lost art" or something.

Yeah, the paper thing strikes me as weird, too. But then, so do a lot of the design choices I've seen so far for Last Jedi.

Yeah, the paper thing strikes me as weird, too. But then, so do a lot of the design choices I've seen so far for Last Jedi.

I guess it makes sense if they want to make it seem dated. I'm really curious to see how they'll go about trying to make things seem Star Warsy yet old if they ever do an Old Republic film/show.

I'm gonna guess his staff is his lightsaber. Hopefully still with a green 'blade'[emoji120]. I imagine there won't be a full reveal until after release date. [emoji848]

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Wow - slimmed down and with the skid-row-special beard under control, Mark Hamill looks surprisingly youthful (pic taken at event yesterday in Mexico.) With no beard and without the extra weight he'd almost pass for Luke only about 20 years after ROTJ.

23847238_1709282472456680_3067309545290289854_o.jpg

I think his look in the film is fine for where the character is at, a Luke looking like above would be suited to one still the hero at the front of the fight.

I think his look in the film is fine for where the character is at, a Luke looking like above would be suited to one still the hero at the front of the fight.

And the problem with that would be...?:monkey3

:lol

I think I'd take a bad*ss mid 40's-looking Luke battling the returned Empire than what we've got - hermit 70-yo Obi-Luke teaching and battling a cast of MTV-show bores deciding whether they should fight or join the Empire-but-not-called-Empire.

Liam Neeson STILL kicks *ss in action movies at the same age as Hamill, twenty years after growing that standard "wise teacher" beard.

Hamill is no De Niro, but there's no reason we couldn't have gotten a dark new Luke movie other than this bs idea that SW is primarily for kids or teens (for both TFA and RO, the opening audience was 2/3's over 25, average age of 35.)

The video was in portrait so the video can only get so big but here it is:

Screen_Shot_2017_11_22_at_9_30_29_PM.png

Back