Hot Toys The Last Jedi Luke Skywalker 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This figure, feelings about the film or the portrayal of the character aside, is imo still the best HT Luke figure.

SS has both versions of this figure on sale right now during Spooktacular.

He has been cheap on eBay lately, too. Several available for $200 and sometimes cheaper.

This figure, feelings about the film or the portrayal of the character aside, is imo still the best HT Luke figure.

I agree 100%. And happily for me it's a characterization and portrayal that I was very intrigued by, so for my money it's the best-quality figure of my favorite take on the character. Very happy-making.

I keep next to nothing long-term, but I am about half-resolved to keep Luke forever. (It helps that he isn't super expensive now; there is less temptation to sell him).

He has been cheap on eBay lately, too. Several available for $200 and sometimes cheaper.

I agree 100%. And happily for me it's a characterization and portrayal that I was very intrigued by, so for my money it's the best-quality figure of my favorite take on the character. Very happy-making.
).

And I agree 100% with you! :)

One bummer about this figure, for me at least, is the absence of an unlit lightsaber. I would prefer to have just a hilt rather than the saber they included; I don't like photographing lightsabers because they look fake since they're not lit, and every lightsaber effect app I have tried has decreased the quality of the photo.

There are hilts on eBay, but $20+ seems a bit rich.

I was just digging through old posts in this thread from before I joined it, and I saw some cool photos utilizing the weather vane.

I removed the cloth piece from mine and used it as a new high-tech bo staff for NECA Henson Donatello. Pretty sure I haven't shared this here yet.

One bummer about this figure, for me at least, is the absence of an unlit lightsaber...

Disregard; I kept messing with it, and after some wiggling, the "blade" popped out! I had no idea it was removable. Huzzah!

Also, I accidentally posted the following in the Crait Luke thread. Sheesh.

This is probably not the most necessary improvement, but the sculpt on the sticks in Luke's backpack always struck me as somewhat soft and cheap-looking, so I added some actual twigs instead:

Next, I might replace the bottle. It's not that I have a strong dislike for the (admittedly off-putting) scene wherein Luke milks the critter and makes a taunting, milk-messy face at Rey. Indeed, I kinda like how he initially just persistently trolls her in the most unlikable fashion.

No, my problem is that the bottle just looks too anachronistic. It doesn't make me think of the exotic blue milk from a galaxy far, far away; it makes me think of the United States of fifty years ago, when milkmen delivered bottles to one's doorstep.

Not sure what (if anything) I'll replace it with, but I'm not feeling the bottle.

Has anyone else added to or customized Luke's backpack?

I can't seem to find the photos now, but I could have sworn it was someone in this thread who first shared the idea of using a paperclip to attach Luke's lightsaber hilt to his belt. Whomever it was, I thank you for the idea!

I broke most of the paperclip off, and then I just slid it beneath the belt and counted on friction to hold it in place, with the result that it fell out on the trail. I didn't notice at first, but luckily I found it again.

While we're here and I'm spamming the thread with more wheel-spinning nonsense in anticipation of my next proper shoot, I'll share a better shot of Luke's backpack, which I've upgraded with real twigs. (Sharp-eyed folks will note that I did keep the Hot Toys-supplied plastic bundle of twigs as well, just to fill space).

And finally, a photo I am actually happy with, rather than just a hasty, stilted shot to show off an accessory:

I dig the flowing of the various layers of his robes and such.

I have two new accessories on the way for Luke, one that I've suggested in this thread already, and another I've been wanting for months for a photo idea that probably won't interest anyone but me, ha ha. I want to get to the ocean to capture shots of the accessories in question, but it's two hours away, so it might be a while.

In the meantime, we've been without power for three days so far, and it seems like the whole damn world is on fire on the other side of the horizon, but I am thinking of driving in that direction tomorrow anyway in hopes of capturing some portraits of Luke with the smoke in the background. Such is the obsessive nature of my hobby.

I have been haunted for months by this silly photo idea of an aging Luke Skywalker somehow holding his infant self in his arms. In my mind the image was eerie and surreal, but then I captured the photos and remembered that this is a franchise that features cloning, so it is probably not as trippy as I had hoped, ha ha. (In my mind, there is no cloning or time travel involved; it is just a mysterious magical development).

Because I am a fool, I paid nearly $40 for the Hot Toys baby Luke Skywalker accessory. (It is included with the deluxe Ewan McGregor Obi-Wan figure, and originally I had intended to buy that figure, but the likeness is pretty weak.) As recently as a few months ago, sellers on eBay were asking $80 for the baby Luke, so I guess I got a relatively good deal, but it was still an absurd purchase, although I am happy with the photos.

Back