Hot Toys The Last Jedi Luke Skywalker 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Great pic. It’s a nice idea too.
I put the baby in the arms of Darth Maul...
Back when Obi Wan was first parted out, the Baby was only $20. Subsequent breakdowns has seen the price rising.
Also, Obi Wan looks incredible in hand. And a small dry brush on the beard brings the likeness out even further.

Obi Wan looks incredible in hand. And a small dry brush on the beard brings the likeness out even further.

For me, there's something off in the shape of the face at most angles. Hot Toys figures are so lifelike that I am frequently fooled into seeing a likeness that isn't there, but in this case it just looks really off to me.

Darth Maul holding baby Luke sounds delightfully creepy!

This version of Luke is really well done IMO. Looking forward to the Crait version...that "idealized" force-vision version will be an interesting contrast to this one.

30TLJ-LUKE-030.jpg

For me, there's something off in the shape of the face at most angles. Hot Toys figures are so lifelike that I am frequently fooled into seeing a likeness that isn't there, but in this case it just looks really off to me.

That?s fair enough. We all see faces differently.
For me, it?s an incredible likeness.

108326319c1ea59c65f01b583d490d69.jpg

a6db07f2235de6d53378520a7189da40.jpg

fd36ba9edfb5ea6419f5f4b104de0997.jpg

Darth Maul holding baby Luke sounds delightfully creepy!

Lol. I was just thinking about the Rebels episode where Maul is talking to Kenobi on tattooine and wondered what Luke could have been if Maul brought him up.

c3e524afaf6d5ac0c24645df3412e6d8.jpg

804664c28c0ca5611ec112ed836c8a8b.jpg

d509ff27b434d0ccb8dc9d730c500c43.jpg

Damn, that Maul is a rad figure.

It's just made with parts.
Sideshow costume and head(With repainted eyes), Hasbro cloak, belt i made myself, Cobra Commander Bracers, and Kylo Ren gloves, lol.
I did buy the SS one, but never got around to opening it, and eventually sold it off.
I far prefer the SS sculpt over the HT one.
I might upgrade him eventually. But i also think he looks decent enough for my purposes.

What did you dislike about the HT Maul head sculpt? The shape of the head?

A few things. The shape of the head, the width of the head. The tattoo lines were quite thickly moulded onto the sculpt.
I'm not taking a shot at anyone who likes it. But i far prefer the Sideshow sculpt. For me, this is the one place where the Sideshow piece outshines the Hot Toys one.
The Hot Toys outfit is better. But the Sideshow sculpt(In my own humble opinion), *IS* Maul.

I'm thinking of buying a Hot Toys Revenge of the Sith Obi-Wan robe to place on Luke; I like how oversized it is. I find myself wishing the hood on Luke's robe were larger, and this might be a good solution. I'm just not sure it'll be a good visual combo.

I think it’s a more popular figure because the look is more desirable for a post OT Luke representation.

Fair point. I just think this Luke looks so much more badass, personally.

While it's not the same, and obviously a Hasbro sculpt from 1999 isn't Hot Toys-quality, one could theoretically buy the old Opee fish monster from The Phantom Menace to use as a fish accessory.

I finally decided to give this a try.

And while I was there and the ocean was looking so vibrant, I captured a generically epic portrait of Luke sans fish:

Wow! Can you share some weathering tips?

By far the best Hamill sculpt.

It's mostly just a combination of dry bushing and chalk pastel, focused mostly on the edges to make them look more worn. It looks a bit more subtle in hand though; my camera phone makes it stand out a lot more for some reason.

Back