Hot Toys The Last Jedi Luke Skywalker 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This figure is still my favourite release of the past 12 months....seeing all these great pictures just reaffirms this.:clap

Very cool pics, it’s getting harder to resist getting this one. I really like the design of the costume, as simple as it is, and think this would make a striking figure with a real hair job.

1ebe9cede17dbfe5c89e44efeea2ba2e.jpg

ff1c9f3359efaa1240d82465b831424c.jpg

f7c333f09ee3fc26eb39b3bf76fdb344.jpg

Not canon I’m aware, but I made some changes to my Luke. Gave him more of a Grand Master look inspired by legends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1ebe9cede17dbfe5c89e44efeea2ba2e.jpg

ff1c9f3359efaa1240d82465b831424c.jpg

f7c333f09ee3fc26eb39b3bf76fdb344.jpg

Not canon I’m aware, but I made some changes to my Luke. Gave him more of a Grand Master look inspired by legends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So awesome!!!! But *technically* that look could be canon because that’s essentially what Luke was wearing in the flashback scene from Force Awakens. I saw it in some behind the scenes footage. Love the look!

We are getting to a point where these sculpts look very close to real downscaled humans. Just not the beards. Real beards are transparent - at least small beards are - and they stand out as not very realistic in these figures. I was just wondering, if the beard (or whole head) was cast in transparent resin/plastic painted so that it lets some light through, would that maybe make a beard in this scale look more realistic? ...just a thought.

We are getting to a point where these sculpts look very close to real downscaled humans. Just not the beards. Real beards are transparent - at least small beards are - and they stand out as not very realistic in these figures. I was just wondering, if the beard (or whole head) was cast in transparent resin/plastic painted so that it lets some light through, would that maybe make a beard in this scale look more realistic? ...just a thought.

Exactly.
Beards can be hard to pull off.
I have seen several that look great. But some look off.

Ha ha, good point! I don’t care for the head sculpt on that figure, but he is basically wearing his RotJ duds.

Yeah, the Crait sculpt is a tad disappointing from the pics.. I imagine there will be a lot of us that have that fig with an extra TLJ ahchto sculpt or something. Hopefully they improve the sculpt before release, but otherwise I'll swap mine out lol

Yeah, the Crait sculpt is a tad disappointing from the pics.. I imagine there will be a lot of us that have that fig with an extra TLJ ahchto sculpt or something. Hopefully they improve the sculpt before release, but otherwise I'll swap mine out lol

I love that idea, but I'll probably just stick with this Luke; my budget is just limited enough that any given Hot Toys figure is a rare treat, so even buying more than one version of a character is unlikely for me, let alone buying a second version of a character and an additional head.

Still, I look forward to seeing the results from those who do make that swap!

Finally got to take the giant kaadu on a shoot; these are my favorite shots. He looks substantially more toylike than Luke, of course, being a twenty-year-old Hasbro product, but I like to think they go well together nonetheless.

00.jpg

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

If I hadn't been in something of a rush and distracted by the blazing sun, there's things I'd like to have done differently; I posed the kaadu's legs a bit for stability in some pics, not realizing this left his pattern of spots misaligned. Also, I'd love to have procured some exotic-looking skeleton to half-bury in the sand.

But all told I'm happy with the results, and I am curious about the story; how did Luke come to be back on (presumably) Tatooine again, and with a creature that's native to Naboo, no less!

Back