Hot Toys - The Flash: Young Barry

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't imagine this will ever see a pre-order.

Could they use the licencing from this movie to make some of the older characters that appeared in cameos?

If anything, this goes to show that they can make a Returns suit out fabric or something else other than rubber just as I had mentioned in the ‘89 threads.

This figure doesn't have that thicker molded rubber look that the Returns suit has though. I'd go for accuracy over articulation everytime.

I get that it's from the movie and all but yeah.....this is hideous.

Figure is cancelled

IMG_3103.jpeg

Good.

Guess there's a limit to how much they can milk their fanbase..

I guess the 3 people that pre-ordered will be upset. Do you know what people will order though? A Bespin Han, Death Star Trooper, Panther Suit Batman, MoS Superman 2.0, ANYTHING Terminator 1 & 2, ANYTHING Predator 1 & 2 blah blah blah. HT's finger isn't so much on the pulse but on my taint.

First time they ever cancelled a figure that made it to production/mms/ post-prototype stage.

I’m sure more cancellations will be on the way. Between this and low quantity edition sizes on Hot Toys/Sideshow product, it looks like the real economy is finally catching up with these toy companies too. They can’t afford to be frivolous and just make any old character now. People not being roped into the preorders hurts them,

This went to waitlist on Sideshow too. So they seemingly sold enough internationally, but maybe numbers in Asia were too low?

Or maybe issues with the actor resulted in licensor calling it off
They still seem to be making the other Flash figure though.

But if they’re able to make these exclusive figures of editions of 500/1000/2000 then surely this must have sold much less than even 500 copies?

They still seem to be making the other Flash figure though.

But if they’re able to make these exclusive figures of editions of 500/1000/2000 then surely this must have sold much less than even 500 copies?
There could be many behind the scenes factors at play. Maybe young Barry likeness rights were pulled or maybe HT is simply cutting costs by cancelling some less popular figures before they go into production. Who knows at this point. I would love to get definitive info on the reasons behind the cancellations

Back