Hot Toys - The Flash: Young Barry

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly I wouldn't be too upset if they canceled the other Flash figure as well. I'm kicking myself now for ordering that one.

Ha, I was thinking the exact same thing.
I just wanted to assemble the JL with a more comic looking Flash, but now I’ll be satisfied with the trinity from InArt only.

So obviously Hot Toys was going to lose money on these two figures. Could there be deeper meaning behind this and point to signs of financial struggle?

When companies get into these situations, they really start going through their books with a fine tooth comb and making calls they don't usually make. There was that talk back in 2020 of them supposedly almost going bankrupt.

So obviously Hot Toys was going to lose money on these two figures. Could there be deeper meaning behind this and point to signs of financial struggle?

When companies get into these situations, they really start going through their books with a fine tooth comb and making calls they don't usually make. There was that talk back in 2020 of them supposedly almost going bankrupt.
Guess all their half-assed releases have caught up with them. Especially now That InArt and JND are doing higher end 1/6th releases. And they keep making the same stuff over and over with no improvements. They are going to either start making newer figures with better quality materials and from new IPs or sink completely.

Hot toys out of steam not doing good especially with no innovation no new ideas no good leadership. It’s like no one really communicates from HT they don’t ever talk with us, the fan base. They only tend to one particular market. Even with the Disney backing and promotion, they just limited themselves. New players competition, companies that made products that fans begged for, and HT wouldn’t go past prototypes shown over and over… they did this to themselves. And these re-issues, and lack of innovation they have shown their hand “back to the drawing board” 😆 . That stuff is still sitting on the shelves at sideshow and comic shops. I think the only thing they got going for them is the upcoming Deadpool and this sister company that’s making the X-Men figures because X-Men is hot right now and that’s my favorite as well. But I haven’t pre-ordered anything from them in a long time.

I actually was looking to pick up young Barry just to get the decimated Batman returns suit on the shelf. Thought would’ve been cool to get the basic one of this canceled figure.

Not to mention the actual figure is really kind of gruesome.

020E10D9-1190-4C34-A44D-D3B33C88B5A5.jpeg

313600C8-EF86-4ED4-B69E-F9A690CC2614.jpeg

Big gash in his right cheek, chunks of shrapnel in his shoulder, hands and forearms. I remember sitting in theaters thinking “man, this movie would be a downer for kids”. They brutally kill off Supergirl and Batman multiple times then kid flash, who is the comedic relief, goes nuts and becomes this melted, impaled monster and gets impaled and dies to prevent himself from becoming said monster. The blood running down Batman’s mouth and young Barry’s was a bit much as well.

Creepy looking figure.

Very interesting indeed. Can't remember a time that HT has done this as in cancelling an item that has already been up for PO for quite some time. The figure itself was exquisitely done from a technical standpoint even if the design and source material were less than desirable. It was definitely one of those figures that made you wonder why HT put so much effort into it looking so good compared to other, and arguably better, characters who's figures were lacking.

Big gash in his right cheek, chunks of shrapnel in his shoulder, hands and forearms. I remember sitting in theaters thinking “man, this movie would be a downer for kids”. They brutally kill off Supergirl and Batman multiple times then kid flash, who is the comedic relief, goes nuts and becomes this melted, impaled monster and gets impaled and dies to prevent himself from becoming said monster. The blood running down Batman’s mouth and young Barry’s was a bit much as well.

Creepy looking figure.
The movie was a misfire and the last gasps of the Snyderverse mindset of dark and violent equating to quality.

Currently, I’m catching up on Jeremy Adams’s phenomenal run on The Flash. It’s incredibly fun, funny, imaginative, and wholesome in how sincerely it commits to its superheroes as a force of genuine good.

I’m gutted we couldn’t get something like that in Flash’s first (and now likely only) leading movie.

Back