1/6 Hot Toys - The Flash (CW) - The Flash

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cant believe people.think this suit is better then the movie version . Its looks totally cheap on the show. Same as a thr rest of CW suits .

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I cant believe people.think this suit is better then the movie version . Its looks totally cheap on the show. Same as a thr rest of CW suits .

Different strokes. I feel the same way about the movie version. All those plates combined with Miller being a very weak version of the character. Tv Flash isn't perfect but he's way better than the justice league version to me and many others

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

I’m glad at their first crack at the CW version HT chose his S2 -S3 outfit as this was my favorite version so far

I know, and I’d love to dream (him actually appearing on that Elseworlds crossover episode was almost enough to pull me back in [It didn’t]) and I feel exactly the same way about this figure. I always have had difficulty investing in figures from properties I don’t care about and, had they put this up 5 years ago when I was super hyped for The Flash? I’d have been on this like white on rice. To be completely honest, though, and, maybe this sounds spoiled, I just got burnt out on all the CW ****. Every show started to blur together to the point where it all just seemed like a formulaic, completely derivative timesuck, and the quality of the storytelling just wasn’t there enough for me to invest the hours to get caught up.

At this point, I’d probably say I’d be more hyped by the sight of a Robotman or NegativeMan from Doom Patrol than anything from the Arrowverse.

Yeah I can definitely understand that. Arrow was the worst, with its repetitive, overly melodramatic storytelling, and Flash suffered from that after a while too. And the fact every season feels about 10 episodes too long doesn't help.

Strangely the only show that hasn't become a slog for me is Supergirl, probably because of the lighter and breezier tone and because Benoist is such a charming lead.

I couldn't get into Doom Patrol but thought Titans was freakin amazing so would love to see figures from that.

Wonder if HT do CW Supergirl.it doesn’t have to be seamless if you think about it :lecture

Yeah I can definitely understand that. Arrow was the worst, with its repetitive, overly melodramatic storytelling, and Flash suffered from that after a while too. And the fact every season feels about 10 episodes too long doesn't help.

Strangely the only show that hasn't become a slog for me is Supergirl, probably because of the lighter and breezier tone and because Benoist is such a charming lead.

I couldn't get into Doom Patrol but thought Titans was freakin amazing so would love to see figures from that.

Supergirl is also the only show that has been improving as it went along as well. Season 4 was the best yet!

Different strokes. I feel the same way about the movie version. All those plates combined with Miller being a very weak version of the character. Tv Flash isn't perfect but he's way better than the justice league version to me and many others

Indeed. When I think Flash, I don't think "Bulky suit of armor."

Agreed. I thought Miller was entertaining & funny, but to me he never resonated as The Flash. That's probably mostly because of the DC/WB decision to squeeze his introduction into JL (along with Aquaman and Cyborg) instead of doing a solo movie. :slap

Indeed. When I think Flash, I don't think "Bulky suit of armor."

This. I don't know if I'd call it bulky but the film's suit had too much of a haphazard design aesthetic, as if the most important thing was for it to have an edgy, in-your-face quality. IMO this TV version does a much better job of modernizing the classic look without overdoing it.

For a show that airs on basic cable I think the suit looks pretty good. Nothing too fancy but it does the job. Looks far better than what they came up with for the film version.

I keep a laundry list of characters from the Arrowverse that I'd really like to see made into figures, but if HT can give me the leads of each show (Barry, Kara, Oliver, Sara/Ray and now Kate Kane) I'd be good with that. But I couldn't say no to Ralph Dibny, J'onn or Firestorm either. I know all of this is incredibly unlikely though, given Hot Toys' track record...

For a show that airs on basic cable I think the suit looks pretty good. Nothing too fancy but it does the job. Looks far better than what they came up with for the film version.
About the only costume I like on CW is the green arrow and that is an improvement from the original version back during smallville. But it's so basic compared to the movie version. If that thing was in the movie it would look horrible especially compared against all the other costumes.

Though I haven’t watched any of the CW shows, I’d like to see them produce a figure of the Green Arrow and the latest version of Deathstroke from the show.

Why can't we all agree that both are terrible and that we should get the early '90s TV version instead?

638467-b.jpg

I want an 90s figure too. I mean Shipp plays 3 major characters in the CW Flash. He's kind of an icon for that show.

Hot Toys only did Daredevil and Punisher from Netflix. I feel like Flash is the only safe bet if they put him up for preorder. If he sells beyond expectations I think they may do Arrow or Supergirl but I doubt they do both.

I have ZERO interest in this figure (just because I don't really dig the TV suit), however what is SIGNIFICANT is that Hot Toys is willing to finally (FINALLY!) branch out into the DC TV series and produce a figure! I'd be more interested in some others but this is a good start and hopefully not the only one.

Back