Hot Toys The Dark Knight Rises: Bat-Pod Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P1140230.jpg

P1140233.jpg

P1140234.jpg

P1140236.jpg

P1140251.jpg

I spent a good amount of time yesterday with the Batpod and the DX12 and really couldn't get it better than this guys effort^^^.

The only way I see possible to get him tighter to the bike is a big compromise. If you don't put his knees in the knee rests and try to futz the cape a bit to cover it up and make it less noticeable, you can get him lower. By looking at these pics you'd think the obvious fix would be adjusting the arms or gauntlets but that's not the issue. The suit just won't let the body get in the right position.

I guess everyone is having the same experience. Or is there someone who pulled it off better than the guy who took these pics?

I just ordered this and to be honest, I'm not all that excited. WTF is wrong with me? Probably my lack of knowing where exactly I'm going to put it is dulling my enthusiasm. Thats what I'm going with.

I actually got more excited for this than the new Batman when I bought both. Was kicking myself for quite a while for not buying the first release at the time. In a way, I still am. Might sound crazy, but I'd love to have that special cape, and the original TDK packaging.

I just ordered this and to be honest, I'm not all that excited. WTF is wrong with me? Probably my lack of knowing where exactly I'm going to put it is dulling my enthusiasm. Thats what I'm going with.

I'm not really excited either. I bought this knowing it was going to be a ridiculously expensive accessory for Batman or Catwoman. In retrospect I probably would have never bought it had I known it came with that crappy plastic cape thing instead of the wired backpack.

Im getting mine form BBTS today and cant wait to be honest yes this dose seem like a over priced prop piece for my Batman... But hell at least they look cool together...

I spent a good amount of time yesterday with the Batpod and the DX12 and really couldn't get it better than this guys effort^^^.

The only way I see possible to get him tighter to the bike is a big compromise. If you don't put his knees in the knee rests and try to futz the cape a bit to cover it up and make it less noticeable, you can get him lower. By looking at these pics you'd think the obvious fix would be adjusting the arms or gauntlets but that's not the issue. The suit just won't let the body get in the right position.

I guess everyone is having the same experience. Or is there someone who pulled it off better than the guy who took these pics?

I actually like the pose you in the pictures- slightly standing up- see the Batpod better and looks menacing!

I got mine from BBTS today..nice piece but I wish they included the old wired cape and gizmo to attach on Batman..the one the came with it is garbage...oh well..

Last edited:
Just opened this up and I'm wishing I hadn't. It is so frail it's laughable. The metal bar that holds the handle bars popped right out of the bottom and will not screw back in. The handle bar holders don't stay in and one snapped. And some black piece fell off from somewhere and I can't even figure out where it goes! :gah:

I spoke to AE who said SS would look into it. I sent pics over. I am being a sucker and going for an exchange to see if maybe I just got a bad one. Anyone know how long it would take to get a new one? Should I just get a refund? I have the Tumbler and had no issues with that. This one seems like so much more trouble and that's before trying to get DX12 or Catwoman on it! :slap

Just opened this up and I'm wishing I hadn't. It is so frail it's laughable. The metal bar that holds the handle bars popped right out of the bottom and will not screw back in. The handle bar holders don't stay in and one snapped. And some black piece fell off from somewhere and I can't even figure out where it goes! :gah:

I spoke to AE who said SS would look into it. I sent pics over. I am being a sucker and going for an exchange to see if maybe I just got a bad one. Anyone know how long it would take to get a new one? Should I just get a refund? I have the Tumbler and had no issues with that. This one seems like so much more trouble and that's before trying to get DX12 or Catwoman on it! :slap

Mines coming tomorrow from AE =| yikes

Mines coming tomorrow from AE =| yikes

I hope you have better luck than me. I don't blame AE. I was just really surprised at the QC issues from HT. I realize that this is somewhat of a fragile piece but it feels almost too fragile. I preordered it back in August and was really looking forward to it. I guess that's why I feel so frustrated. Now if I exchange it I'm afraid it could be weeks before a replacement arrives since it has to come from Sideshow. :(

Back