Hot Toys The Dark Knight Joker DX/Artisan 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like those pictures, whatever Joker head that is.

I thought the pop_collectibles one posted earlier was HT?
This is the sculpt HT is using. They both feature the same data give or take a few differences HT added.

WB100 Wonder Woman $400
Anakin Artisan $410
Joker Artisan 515$

That's an expensive interchangeable tongue. Better have those bills printed on both sides for that price!

It’s the Joker tax

Just like Hasbro does with their Boba Fett figures now.

It’s clear the weapons and accessories were a second thought, HTs accessories have always felt cheap. I will say their BR 2.0 bag was far better than it had any business being even though not entirely accurate.

This is the sculpt HT is using. They both feature the same data give or take a few differences HT added.
I thought so, but the different environments threw me.

Really great expression for Joker. It was the one tempting aspect for me on this HT version. Those exposed teeth really add a menacing vibe. The eyes look good too.

I agree 100%

I understand others thoughts on wanting a laughing sculpt, but the menacing, teeth clenched look has never been on the official market in 1:6. It is stunning. When you picture Ledgers Joker you think vicious, tenacious, absolutely loved when he went full tilt after sicking the rottweilers on Wayne, needed more of that in the film, my only complaint.

The tongue is hilarious, and just had to be Howard making his Joker stick it’s tongue out at the competition.

Last edited:
How many times is HT going to beat this horse?

* Dead horse

:chase

Ledger would be cool with it.
christopher nolan joker GIF

No, they’re nuts. I stand by that.

Collecting is a compulsion, and you see the sickness primarily with The Joker (Ledger’s version only) and Darth Vader fan communities.
I admit my collecting compulsion is a big problem for me. But it's not my biggest problem. My biggest problem is that I am only 5'4" tall. That's tough for a man to deal with psychologically. They say people shrink when they get old. I may end up a 1/6th scale figure.

My biggest problem is that I am only 5'4" tall. That's tough for a man to deal with psychologically. They say people shrink when they get old. I may end up a 1/6th scale figure.
Hey man that’s out of your control, at least you have functioning arms, legs etc. Put those to use and you’ll have no issues being a man.

I admit my collecting compulsion is a big problem for me. But it's not my biggest problem. My biggest problem is that I am only 5'4" tall. That's tough for a man to deal with psychologically. They say people shrink when they get old. I may end up a 1/6th scale figure.
Well you'll have a lot of clothes and accessories lol

Heise / Black.

Thankfully you can adjust the eyes on the HT. As for the hair, as long as it’s the correct material and has product in it, you can style it just like Black does if you know what you’re doing. When a custom artist hairs a sculpt it looks bad at first until fully styled and thinned out, you can also adjust the hairline need be.

As for the paint, all we have is a prototype so I can’t fully speak on what we’ll be getting. However, HTs is stating this

EC74A3C2-FE26-41F3-B528-EA6D792AA28C.jpeg

And forget about the promo photos, look at up close shots at the conventions. This shot I posted a couple pages back shows the prototype has excellent paint work, zoom in, if that’s what final product looks like then that’s easily the best paint application seen on this character in the official market.

6040522E-D51C-4B10-89B6-2E06DEFB5493.jpeg

Last edited:
If only the HT looked like that Ambrosia sculpt. Whoever painted (Yuan or Heise?) did an amazing job on those eyes.

View attachment 657260
Heise did the paint on the sculpt, Ambrosia sculpted it.

Yeah the eyes brings the sculpt down on HT's version. It's always the eyes that throws it off on a lot of sculpts. The smallest thing being off on them can throw an otherwise spot on sculpt, similar to what we're seeing with INART's Cavill sculpt. The eye region on that sculpt is just ever so slightly off, throwing the likeness off to many.

They really nailed the eyes on the Anakin sculpt. Has much more of that "Wow" factor and lifelike feeling to it, similar to INART's Aragorn. I just haven't gotten that same feeling upon looking at the Joker sculpt. The rooted hair being poorly done also brings it down.

BsbcEEi.png

Last edited:
Heise / Black.

Thankfully you can adjust the eyes on the HT. As for the hair, as long as it’s the correct material and has product in it, you can style it just like Black does if you know what you’re doing. When a custom artist hairs a sculpt it looks bad at first until fully styled and thinned out, you can also adjust the hairline need be.

The HT eyes just won't "roll" into that sweet spot. Won't look the same.

And depending on what they do with the hairline, I doubt you could fix the hairline as you suggest without serious work/resculpting. You can't just trim the hairline back without leaving some "holes"/messed up plastic you need to file down to smooth.

You go strand by strand, taking your time. Long process to do it but it’s necessary. I don’t mean physically ripping the hair line and completely starting over, if you look at the two, the hairline isn’t drastically off, just a bit of adjustment where it recedes. I’m currently trimming, thinning and restyling the main Inart sculpt right now, will post photos in that thread when done.

Again, not to squabble, but I don't think it's that easy (if pulling one hair at a time is considered easy :lol).

InArt also has too much hair, so its a wash between both figures. InArt looks to need a good amount of thinning to be truly accurate, although I have seen one that got a pretty good jail look by brushing it back and just trimming.

Anyway, its all conjecture until HT releases this. Long wait begins...

As previously discussed, Hot Toys lies about each head being hand painted.

Been lying since 2009. These things are painted with a computer with Joker’s make up being printed on.

34A0C57C-1B31-4E8C-B40D-89AA79C1A810.jpeg

You can see the vector dot matrix. White and black.

Bet this Artisan one is done the same way.

Last edited:
Could be, you’re correct about the Dx11, but that was 10 years ago and Maybe they’ve changed their ways for this release?

They’ve got a lot to prove with Anakin & Joker. If this turns out well for them they will run with this Artisan line as a side project directly opposing Inart, a new DX if you will. While still controlling the rest of the market from the top with vast IPs and general releases. They have SS at their disposal and ask any new collector where they go when they want a new figure, they’re browsing new releases there. Howard wants to make money, if he can charge collectors more for limited numbered editions, belittle any competition, anything to come out on top, he will. He’s a businessman first and foremost, the toys are just a route to his riches.

Last edited:
Back