Hot Toys The Dark Knight Joker DX/Artisan 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd been sitting in the queue for 20 minutes, watching my place in line go from 4,421 with over an hour to wait, to #12 with less than a minute left, when the sold out message popped up. Sucks to be me. I didn't really need it though it would have been fun to have, from a 'historical' standpoint.

I really doubt they made over 4,000 of these. Maybe 2,000 tops. As I said earlier, I think the "queue" thing was just a technology trick, LEGO does something similar on new product days, but they don't have a queue counting down. It's just a web app to keep people from refreshing the page and hammering the server(s).

And the NEXT Artisan Joker is...

tumblr_oqxf24jYUT1rp0vkjo1_500.gif
I'd have a difficult time deciding if I would get an Artisan Nicholson. I still have the DX08, one of the first DX models. Great sculpt that still holds up today, not to mention all the accessories he came with. I'm thinking the only way they can improve is with rooted hair. That head sculpt is still one of the best from Hot Toys.

I was honestly shocked to get it as easily as I did. I was like “Damn. They must’ve updated their system after all the complaints” because I got in the queue at, like, 11:59 EST. I was number 385 and I just waited and refreshed til it was my turn and then boom. I used my $150 in RP which brought it down to the cost of the standard and now I’m debating whether I wait til it ships or not as to what to do about my IA.

I love that set. The quality’s amazing, but it’s also massive and I’ve only really wanted one Joker for my collection. I love all the details and the sheer novelty of the wood and metal diorama and the magnetic arms on the jail version, but it’s a lot of stuff for a limited amount of space. If this guy turns out well, it’d be a nice alternative that doesn’t eat up quite as much real estate and I just feel like the expressiveness presents really well. $64 million question is whether or not the final product and the hair looks like someone glued pubes to a piece of dogshit, but I truly don’t believe HT would pick such a deliberate release to try and flex on their competition with if they were just gonna phone it in and poop the bed.

Either way, I’m excited. Congrats to everybody who got one and, if you didn’t, hop on the waitlist. I’ve cancelled many an item at the last second when my broke ass couldn’t afford it and I’m sure I’m not the only one.:lol

Not interested in the "real hair" gimmick but I'm very impressed with the tailoring and proportions. The portrait is great too. When those eyeballs work, they really work. The sculpted hair looks fine. I never picked up a purple-coated version so...this one's a "go" for me. Between this and the v2 Bane, I should have one heck of a cool looking "villains" display!

Even as good as the sculpted hair looks, the TDK Joker is one of the few figures that for me to upgrade to, requires the faux hair treatment. I'm just not sure if to "settle" for the sculpted hair version, even with how good it looks. At least it would be a definite upgrade from my bashed DX11 version.

Yessir, these artisan editions are really going to elevate the 1/6 world. I’m so glad I locked my Joker down. Can’t wait to see who’s next. I’m hoping for John Wick in the future.

Would have been worth a try. At least I will have an EORI now. Who knows for what it’s worth…
I typed in my personal id. In Sweden (different in every EU country), an EORI made for individuals or sole traders is usually the personal id number. But Sideshow should not demand this of us customers since it has nothing to do with them.

And the NEXT Artisan Joker is...

tumblr_oqxf24jYUT1rp0vkjo1_500.gif
I'd have a difficult time deciding if I would get an Artisan Nicholson. I still have the DX08, one of the first DX models. Great sculpt that still holds up today, not to mention all the accessories he came with. I'm thinking the only way they can improve is with rooted hair. That head sculpt is still one of the best from Hot Toys.
I think it’s one of those releases that was so solid coming out the gate that it’s hard to imagine improvements, but I feel like there’s a lot that’s evolved over the last decade in terms of what’s possible in the hobby. Tailoring’s a big one and, of course, the hair rooting, but I also feel like a lot of those early DX releases all had the same deal going when it comes to PERS, which is to say they all had those great googly moogly eyes. I’ve seen some customs over the years where people just made some small tweaks to the Nicholson Joker sculpt and it was crazy how good it looked, and it still makes me wonder what they’re capable of today.

Personally, I think this is what HT should be doing if they really want to be competitive. Don’t be a day late and a dollar short. Size up your competitors’ business strategy and do all the **** that you have access to that IA doesn’t/beat them to the punch. That isn’t to say I don’t want IA to succeed. I absolutely do and I love their products, but I also don’t want to wait 10 years for them to get these licenses and, if Howard was savvy, he would be capitalizing on all the things they want to have, but don’t before they have them. That means Jack Joker. That means Reeve Superman before IA or JND can tackle him. That means Indiana friggin’ Jones in a non-octogenarian form. There are tons of options for this line. It’s all about whether Howard’s content to play catch up or not.

Unfortunately I don't think we'll ever see an updated Nicholson Joker from them or any company. Rumor always has been that his license is insanely expensive. To the point where you'll be hard pressed to find any company paying for it. I believe NECA has also avoided doing any figures of him because of this.

Only option is the DX08, the recasted Mars Toy version or the $1100+ custom sculpt that's happening right now.

Toys wonderland sounds like a proper scam if they are taking money beforehand for items they are not sure if they can get, and you get store credit back over refund. Pretty sure that's illegal everywhere.

They're legit. I'm getting my Artisan Joker next week, while the rest of you losers have to wait a year and a half.

Ryan Gosling Sunglasses GIF by Warner Bros. Pictures

i was in pretty early and had it in the basket. Weren’t able to checkout as Sideshow is requesting a personal customs code from international buyers now. I searched what kind of number they want, of course I don’t have such a number. I waited for the inevitable sell out and went on the waitlist. I will apply that weird number now and hopefully get it before my waitlist converts.

Also tried to reach Sideshow voa chat/sms. No answer. Of course.

Congrats Sideshow! You make every international buyer experience a misery. I remember a time you were awesome. What a shame…
I'm international buyer too, what number is? I don't have any personal code number. Any help please?

I'm international buyer too, what number is? I don't have any personal code number. Any help please?
Sideshow is probably asking for your EORI number which is basically a tax identification code. You can obtain it through your country Tax Agency webpage. In the case of the EU, it is just a two letter code for your country identification followed by your NIF number. For example: ES12345678A (ES for Spain + NIF number).

Hot toys has alot to prove on this, by the time this comes out inart would of released....

Joker
Gandalf
Batman
Pennywise
Aragon

So they best not f it up. 😂
Despite I still hope to get one, I still kind of hope the do. Hot Toys needs to come back to their roots. They were such a passionate and visionary company. Just look what they did with their Iron Man line. They improved so much over the years, that you were basically waiting for blinking and breathing features. Than they started with rereleases and became lazy. So maybe they should screw this up to benefit in the long term…

Despite I still hope to get one, I still kind of hope the do. Hot Toys needs to come back to their roots. They were such a passionate and visionary company. Just look what they did with their Iron Man line. They improved so much over the years, that you were basically waiting for blinking and breathing features. Than they started with rereleases and became lazy. So maybe they should screw this up to benefit in the long term…
What figure is Inart releasing that isn't a re-release of a competitor's?

Back