Hot Toys The Dark Knight Joker DX/Artisan 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't get discouraged by big queue numbers tomorrow, only if you are rsvp'd and logged in will you be able to purchase. Sideshow killed the Anakin rsvp site just now as well. A lot of people will not have rsvp'd and they are dead numbers in the queue.
I'm not sure they killed it. If you re-search on Anakin and filter on coming soon, you can click and get back to the RSVP page. If you sit on that page and then refresh, you get the broken link page. So, there's something weird going on...

Now that I have one of these secured, I can comfortably sell of the jail head, figure, and dio from the InArt set.

Oh, I didn't read sculpted.
yup. no need to try to get another rooted head having now secured the figure itself and having the InArt set. I would like to get the HT sculpted head just to have both versions like I had originally intended for the InArt.

the dark knight joker GIF

I ordered the sculpted. It was about the same price as the sculpted InArt, and that seemed fine with me.

i was in pretty early and had it in the basket. Weren’t able to checkout as Sideshow is requesting a personal customs code from international buyers now. I searched what kind of number they want, of course I don’t have such a number. I waited for the inevitable sell out and went on the waitlist. I will apply that weird number now and hopefully get it before my waitlist converts.

Also tried to reach Sideshow voa chat/sms. No answer. Of course.

Congrats Sideshow! You make every international buyer experience a misery. I remember a time you were awesome. What a shame…

Since I missed out, I can tell you it marginalizes HT in my book. InArt’s stock is up, provided they can produce quality consistently going forward. It’s irritating as a collector to have to beg for a dance with the Belle of the ball when you never even make it thru the door. Howard has a machine capitalized to make high end but isn’t big on keeping customers satisfied. Just my $0.02.

I guess I'm the only one that happily ordered just the sculpted one about a half hour ago. I don't have confidence in myself to be able to style the hair on the rooted one and I can't see the extra $150 in value in the price.
If this is anything like the InArt hair - which it almost certainly is because Hot Toys will have copied whatever innovation InArt made - then you won't have to style the hair at all. It's pre-styled and fixed with product to make it rigid. Rooted and natural-looking by appearance, but actually quite stiff and sculpted by touch.

No one is paying that base price though.
It’s not really a fair comparison though. You don’t pay taxes to HK sellers. Sideshow has to charge them. I’m not sure what shipping is like but I know it wasn’t super cheap for the InArt premium two pack.

Back