Hot Toys The Dark Knight Joker DX/Artisan 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why don't we do a forum funded sculpt and paint we can produce for the best version ever made? There's a lot of good expertise on here and we can nail the likeness perfectly so that companies can stop making him.

Obviously I get 90% of the say because my opinion matters most.

Wor-Gar can watch.
dc comics GIF by Reflector Entertainment

I have the sculpted from Inart, and I'm really interessted to get the rooted from Hot Toys.
I think it looks really good, and I'm not forced to buy two.
I think that right there is one of the most appealing things about the HT and one of the major negatives about the InArt (along with the stupidly large box :lol )

I got the inart from kit a while back love it and now pre-ordered the hot toys with kit also.

I think it's pointless to compare HT's prototype with Inarts' final product. I still think Inart's l
INART's sculpt isn't even perfect by any means but there's something with the way they did it that looks better to me. Their eyes might be too wide but the bigger eyes actually does a better job to me in capturing his likeness. HT went too much in the opposite direction and made his eyes look too small and beady. They look too lost in the overall sculpt and don't stand out the way they should. Whether it's the black eye make up or just how Heath's eyes were, they very much were front and center in the movie. They appeared big and stood out in every frame that he was in. I'm just not getting that feeling at all when I look at Hot Toys prototype version atm.

On a side note but I also like INARTs method of doing his white face paint better than HT. It looks more like it was actually hand smeared on.

0fLi57m.jpg

xkeo85F.jpg

Both look enough like Ledger, imo. Although, I can't tell anymore. Too many sculpts and photos of Ledger looking differently depending on the scene or photo.

Having said that, The Inarts face looks like it's wearing actual makeup, not just painted to look white like HT. The hair and hairline on Inarts are also better than the HT prototype. HT can improve that with the final product, but at best it will look more or less like the Inarts.

The tie on the Inarts looks more detailed, but not necessarily more accurate, but who the hell knows.

I think I might prefer the HT shoes, but again, not sure which are more screen accurate.

The gloves, I give to Inarts easily.

If HT gives us a small box, I'll give them some points for that. The Inarts box is the most ridiculous box I've ever seen.

Anyway, all this comparison and speculating is pointless until we the final product. I'm just glad the Inarts final product is good and as accurate as it is because it's different enough from the HT to justify owning. It captures other scenes from the film very well.

I hope the HT final product is great as well.

Last edited:
I always thought the InArt's eyes were too close and a bit large/wide. I notice it in hand, too. The eyes are the worst aspect. The rest of the sculpt is really good though. Especially the profile.

For me, the eyes of the Hot Toys in the promo images and most importantly in the display photos feel more "alive" than InArt's.

Can't wait to see the final pieces next to each other for a proper comparison.

Back