Hot Toys The Dark Knight Joker DX/Artisan 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man this thread is way too serious. I was joking about more versions.
giphy.webp

View attachment 656385

Correct, Topo is the best to readily get for cheap, as they ripped Yunsils work off, albeit different quality levels here.

Are you referring to a Topo 3.0 or Yunsil? Doubtful Topo will anytime soon but I’m not sure, Yunsil is however. It states they’re making the run, although they’re known for being swamped, causing pushbacks. Jagzz is doing custom buttons for this, maybe I’ll get in touch about a possible separate run of gold and flower 3D printed buttons for the waistcoat?

Did Topo really rip their BR suit from Yunsil? first I'm hearing of this.

Did Topo really rip their BR suit from Yunsil? first I'm hearing of this.
Definitely,
Top Yunsil, bottom Topo.
Look at the buttons, neither
are accurate, dead giveaway.
You ever cheated on a test, and you both got it wrong?

Yunsil suit from 2019:

DFDDB2C6-980D-425D-9BFC-E8132783E0E8.jpeg

48E6AC8E-836F-498B-A71B-DD8FAC978FD5.jpeg

New Topo:

F9C14C6D-3026-40B7-BBDF-CE978A9D3962.jpeg

13D35A06-5678-43B8-9B12-151B0A48CBD6.jpeg

Highway robbery. That’s more than a coincidence.

Last edited:
Man this thread is way too serious. I was joking about more versions.
I need an upside-down Joker that can only be displayed rightside-up. He can only stand like a normal figure, but with his clothes and hair with a “blown upward” effect.

418D83FD-D9F5-47B8-9B5E-B81897824746.jpeg

We will really have to see if Hot Toys can handle mass producing this figure and having stand up to it's prototype . :cautious: :dunno

Inart massed produced a beautiful figure for the world. Ironed , pressed perfect clothing. Can you do that Hot Toy$?

I've had every version of Jokers released by hot toys . My Inart Joker is the best quality figure right out the box I've ever seen/touched in my collecting 1/6 since 2007.

the dark knight joker GIF
dc comics joker GIF
the dark knight joker GIF

Lighting has a good bit to do with it, color tones show up better around darker things due to contrast. The film just had a dark gritty blue filter causing the color to escape from the screen. On top of that, Nolan made sure to use majority night scenes with shadows at play. We never see a daytime shot of Heath wearing the purple suit in the entirety of the film. The photo below has an overhead heavy white light washing the color out a bit but you can still see the gloves aren’t anywhere near as dark as thought to be.

View attachment 656336
View attachment 656337

I chose these two photos specifically because they’re both of the same suit, and not one of the multiple expendable purple suits on set. Look at the gold button on the waistcoat, it is a gold button with details of currency on it, a coin. Above that he has a flower silver / white button, both buttons visible in both photos. Sometime after the interrogation but before the ferry ride Joker sewed two buttons on. Wayne probably did a number on the waistcoat over Rachael. This actually is what happened, atleast in the film.

View attachment 656366
View attachment 656367
View attachment 656368
View attachment 656369

I'm ready to get down and nerdy.

I have pieces of the actual fabric from the costume department. Unweathered. From the roll.

Of course, I'm only ever interested in screen accurate, but will still be interesting to see how close the HT one is.

IMG_5893.jpg

This is what I mean, the colors are far more vibrant than what we’ve ever been given. A bit of weathering mattes bits of the suede and darkens it a hint, the weathering around the bottom of the coat sleeves, shoulders and lapels lightens the color up washing it out. It’s still a vibrant color, same goes for the pants, they’re around the same hue of purple. The Inart pants are extremely baggy and are far too close to blue than the rich purple. The tailoring isn’t as good as one would have you believe on the Inart Joker. Can someone finally taper the coat sleeves at the arm and flare them out at the wrist??

CC7D970C-1970-45D9-AD50-0D0AD6D68AA3.jpeg

6ABD92DE-9C1B-4396-995B-CE8424B54D82.jpeg

Last edited:
Back